The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev proposals (Discussion and Poll)

Do any of these trades work for both teams?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, BigTramFan said:

Sorry Alf, are you saying Tanev + Virtanen is excellent deal for Reinhart + 2nd?

Or Tanev + Granlund/Baer?

Either way I think JB should leap, but just wanted to clarify...

I'm kind of fed up with Virtanen, so it's: Tanev + Virtanen = Reinhart + second.  I hope JB would leap at this type of trade too.  

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm kind of fed up with Virtanen, so it's: Tanev + Virtanen = Reinhart + second.  I hope JB would leap at this type of trade too.  

I really don't think BUF would go for this. They probably would be as fed up with Virt as we are.

Virts development has really stalled to the point where I think BUF would want Tanev PLUS either a semi-proven young player (Granlund or Baer) or a promising prospect (Boeser) or a pick(s).

Just now, BigTramFan said:

I really don't think BUF would go for this. They probably would be as fed up with Virt as we are.

Virts development has really stalled to the point where I think BUF would want Tanev PLUS either a semi-proven young player (Granlund or Baer) or a promising prospect (Boeser) or a pick(s).

They can have Bear, if they don't want .Virtanen.  

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sorry I don't think Tanev and Virtanen gets you Reinhart

I'd say.......... Tanev, and one of Granlund, Baertschi or Gaudette      for       Reinhart+ 2017 3rd ...............gets it done

If Buffalo takes Guadette (heavy cost!)................our lines look like this

Goldobin - Reinhart - Tippett/Dahlen

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen/Eriksson

or

Goldobin - Patrick/Hischier - Reinhart

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen/Dahlen/Eriksson

But realistically , we don't get the #1 or #2 seed, and I have seen Tippett up as high as #3, sooooo, we better have a back up plan for that 1st line RW

Then again, we need not rush this, as there is still the 2018 draft.........

I am pretty good with the idea!

And let's please remember we have Eriksson for the next 5 years

If the Sabres would do Tanev and Granlund for Reinhart that would actually be a fair trade on both sides. Tanev is a premier shutdown defenseman who can take tougher matchups away from Ristolainen and is of similar age to O'Reilly and Kane. Granlund looks like he can put up 20/20 or even 25/25 seasons while bringing excellent two-way play. Vancouver gets a potential #1 playmaking centre (or worst-case scenario #1RW) who shoots right and is a hometown boy to boot.

I'd be all over that trade. I'd add a 3rd even to get it done.

Then for the draft, I would look at drafting the best available centre between Patrick, Hischier, Vilardi, and Mittelstadt or if they are all gone, then take the best defenseman between Liljegren and Makar.

Philly's only right shot D is Gudas they have a good group of young mobile D Ghost, Provarov, Myers having a stabilizing guy (Tanev) back there would be something I would be very interested in if I were Hextal. 

To Philly: Tanev + 2nd (35th ish)

To Van: Rubtsov + 1st (10th ish)

Van Drafts BPA's our first Liljegren/Mittlestadt/Vilardi, and with Philli's first we grab Pettersson/Foote/Valimaki/Glass.  

We pick up 2 potential top 6C's and a future top 4D as well as hang on to Sbisa. 

Youth movement:

Bae Bo Boeser

Granlund Rubtsov Goldie

Dahlen Pettersson Gaudette

Virtanen Gaunce Cram

Juolevi Liljergen

Tram Stetch

Hutton Gud

Demko

Sprinkle in a few vets Sutter Sbisa Eriksson and things start to look pretty sexy. 

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Tanev + Granlund + Columbus 2nd to Buffalo

Reinhart to Vancouver

?

Granlund is a fist line talent with the potential to put up more points than Reinhart. Remember he is on a line with Jack Eichel. Your proposal is a gross overpayment and Granlund is part of our core moving forward.

Remember Larson was worth Taylor Hall and Seth Jones was worth Ryan Johansen. Tanev is arguably as impactful of a defence man as those guys. He is in his prime and plays a defensive style that Buffalo needs help with. 

Tanev alone is worth a 1st a prospect and a roster player. Or a 1 for 1 trade with another high quality player. 

Jyrki Jokipakka and a 2nd round pick got Curtis Lazar and a depth defender.

I think Tanev (who is better than Jokipakka) + a 2nd + maybe Dorsett should get it done. 

On 2017-03-19 at 9:47 AM, mll said:

Buffalo were willing to trade Kane at the TDL (Canucks were not involved).  It's not logical to move Nylander as they still have trouble scoring and moving Kane makes Nylander one of his possible replacements.

Colorado want to rebuild from scratch.  Sakic listed Jost, Rantanen and MacKinnon as their core.  Everyone else is apparently available including Johnson and Barrie - i.e. why be willing to move them and then bring in Tanev.  He's not in the right age group and especially not for Jost.  

What I wanna know is would colorado be open to making a deal like:

Tanev

Van 1st

Barrie

Colorado 1st

beneficial for both as Colorado already has their top 2 C and they will pick either Patrick or Hirshier with the first pick overall, provided they land it.

So do they fall back a couple spots and take a skilled winger like viraldi ( i know hes a centre but chances are he plays wing in the NHL) or maybe they take a d man like Makar or Liljegren? 

If we are going to move Tanev, I would love to see it done for a potential first line centre. I think that is really the only way that truly benefits our team.

I like the idea of trading with Colorado. They need tons of help defensively and Tanev fits that bill, plus they are likely to have a top 2 pick in this years draft (if not first) , that i think they could be open to moving. Considering the fact that they have Jost and Mackinnon as a future 1-2 punch down the middle. Colorado also said publicly that their core players moving forward were going to be Rantanen, Jost and Mackinnon, so that makes Barrie available.

To Col:

Tanev

Vancouver 1st Rnd Pick (3-5)

Columbus 2nd

To Van:

Tyson Barrie

Colorado 1st Rnd Pick (1-2)

Canucks get the PP quarterback defensemen they are looking for, who is also a right-handed shot to replace Tanev. Colorado gets a top pairing defender who can effectively play against other teams top lines.  That pick becomes moveable because they have Jost and Mackinnon already. They use the Canucks pick to select a d man or a high potential winger that they need.

Canucks pick either Patrick or Hirshier. Lets say for the sake of this its Patrick.

Now the Canucks have the 1C they have been looking so desperately for and a true offensive defensemen, who can effectively run a powerplay.

This trade makes the Canucks a worse team defensively in the short term, however I believe this plays a key role in making us competitive for Rasmus Dahlin next year. The generational talent defensemen the Canucks have so desperately needed for so long. 

Several years down the road Post sedins & provided eriksson can be moved, I can see our lineup looking something like this:

Goldobin-Patrick-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Dahlen-Gaudette-Granlund

Gaunce-Sutter-Boucher                             Lot of money to have sutter on the fourth line tho ** :/

Grenier

Fourth line is a little soft, but the whole lineup is obviously just a rough mock up. I also like Boucher because he can play up the lineup with ease and has a deadly shot.

Dahlin-Barrie

Juolevi-Gudbranson

Tyramkin-Stetcher

Hutton-Subban

Brisebois

Demko

Markstrom

Garteig

This is provided everything goes as planned, but knowing the Canucks there is a slim chance that will happen, but its worth the thought.

Thoughts?

Archived