The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs | Capitals win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I feel like it's a similar vibe to the 2011 canucks. While it's not as dramatic, a loss would mean big change is needed.

It'llbe coming anyway with all the expiring contracts, but maybe a big name or two will be traded.

sort of, but nux had a 3-0 lead to start with, and bad history with hawks.  this is a bit different. 

3 minutes ago, soshified said:

I would be too if it weren't for the media shoving it down our throats and making Leafs "Canada's team" 

Oh yeah, media eats them up, Look at NHL.com right now, not a single Boston/Ottawa highlight on the front page. I try to stay away from the media, when it comes to the Leafs, but I'm a big fan of what they're management team is doing. 

Just now, hanzolo said:

Oh yeah, media eats them up, Look at NHL.com right now, not a single Boston/Ottawa highlight on the front page. I try to stay away from the media, when it comes to the Leafs, but I'm a big fan of what they're management team is doing. 

Agreed. If you have Facebook and like Sportsnet's fan page, literally every article is about the Leafs. There was this one article if them going fishing was a good idea during the race for the playoffs. It's ridiculous lol 

8 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

the caps should be scared right now, they underestimated the the leafs

I honestly think it doesn't matter who wins this series, either team has no chance beating the Penguins (likely to beat the 'Jackets) in Round 2. But everyone was saying the same thing for Capitals before the playoffs started. It will be tough for sure.

Just now, Honky Cat said:

Caps are only down by one game...and the last two games went into OT..Still think they're going to take the series.

Regardless, Leafs have proven themselves well so far. A very young team holding their own against the President's Trophy winning team, that's pretty impressive IMO. They just need to maintain that level of compete through the rest of the series. 

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I honestly think it doesn't matter who wins this series, either team has no chance beating the Penguins (likely to beat the 'Jackets) in Round 2. But everyone was saying the same thing for Capitals before the playoffs started. It will be tough for sure.

Yeah Pens looks deadly even without Letang, Murray, Hagelin, and Kunitz

1 minute ago, TheHitman said:

Ducks lose a centre at expansion perhaps? Rights to Oshie maybe?

I think thats a fair trade, Caps will surely miss Oshie, even though he isn't producing

They just really need Ovechkin to score lol

Archived