The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs | Capitals win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

The Capitals are so frustrating to watch. As a fan of the team, Trotz has been outcoached at every turn. 

agreed. But when there is a Babcock behind the other bench you know you're gonna get outcoached. Hope the Caps can get it done. Every year it ends with a dud and if they don't win this year they'll need to retool due to UFA's. They might never have another team like this in the OV era. 

Wow, The Leafs youth combined with speed and skill and the best coach in the world are just a handful. Babcock has this team playing at the highest level possible. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do out there. Running on all cylinders right now. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow, The Leafs youth combined with speed and skill and the best coach in the world are just a handful. Babcock has this team playing at the highest level possible. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do out there. Running on all cylinders right now. 

I think its a case of being told to just go out and play.

They know the systems that Babcock want's them to employ, they know they are responsible for not getting scored on, but unlike Willie there does not seem to be this fear of a mistake being made.

What the actual &^@# kind of defense was that. Is no one going to say it?  The leafs aren't beating the caps. The Caps are beating the caps.

I was going to say it haha.

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Dramatic much? I watched that entire 2nd period and most of it was on the Leafs end. The Leafs being opportunistic and Andersen standing tall are the big reasons why this game is tied. 

3 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Dramatic much? I watched that entire 2nd period and most of it was on the Leafs end. The Leafs being opportunistic and Andersen standing tall are the big reasons why this game is tied. 

It's amazing how this game is tied but not even close

3 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I've watched the entire series and the President's trophy winning team is not doing what it's supposed to against a young rebuilding team that squeaked into the playoffs on the last night of the regular season. 

Perhaps the 2nd period is not enough for you to know how this series has gone. 

Both of first 2 games went to OT, Leafs had a 2-0 lead in the game they lost and could very easily be up 2 games to 0 right now tied 3-3 going into the 3rd period of game 3. 

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It's amazing how this game is tied but not even close

The second period really wasn't that terrible. In the beginning, Caps were definitely dominating, but with the 3 power plays, that's kind of expected. Other than that, it's been a fairly tight game. Leafs defence is getting outplayed, but Caps are giving up bad goals. I'm not saying Leafs are dominating, but the Capitals definitely aren't 

Archived