Canucks Community

PDF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (P2) Edmonton Oilers | Ducks win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, McDavyCrockett said:

2nd game: GWG off of Bouma's skate

3rd game: 2nd, 3rd, and 5th goals were all bull**** fluke plays that any good goalie stops. Elliot is a scrub.

^ Calgary outplayed them in both and the above was the result. 

No one says that Anaheim isn't a legit contender.....but ya know, contenders can be upset, yeah? Look at Chicago.

ANA is missing their top-2 D. This isn't even their final form. In the Playoffs, you need luck to win games, it's inevitable.

5 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

ANA is missing their top-2 D. This isn't even their final form. In the Playoffs, you need luck to win games, it's inevitable.

Yeah....but literally winning two full games on the backs of puck-luck?

That's obscene luck......on par with the Oilers winning the McDavid sweepstakes. LOL.

1 minute ago, McDavyCrockett said:

That's obscene luck......on par with the Oilers winning the McDavid sweepstakes. LOL.

Hey, they won the series, it doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, McDavyCrockett said:

You are assuming because the ducks were lucky vs the flames they won't beat the oil?  nice logic? 

Hate that the Sharks lost the series, as the Canucks lost a potential second 1st round pick, but the Sharks were without Thornton for half the series and I expect the Ducks will be a tougher opponent.   

Hoping the Ducks knock off the Oilers, then hoping the Preds destroy the Ducks.

44 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Hey, they won the series, it doesn't matter.

It does if you are banking on that sort of luck each series.

Talbot is a far superior goaltender to the mentally weak Elliott. The Ducks are not going to get the sort of ridiculous bounces they did in games 3 and 4 against Calgary.

McDavid and Draisaitl were effectively neutralized for most of this series.... and yet the Oilers still won on the backs of Talbot, team defense, and secondary scoring. If the two stars get going, this is going to be a dogfight of a series.

50 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

You are assuming because the ducks were lucky vs the flames they won't beat the oil?  nice logic? 

It'll be a 7 game series is what I'm saying. Not a clean sweep like against the mentally weak Flames who can't win at Ponda or count on their goalie to not **** the bed.

14 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Oilers are known for speed.  first and foremost.  Ana doesn't back down if you pick a fight. they use a pack mentality.  I'm not sure edm is ready for that.  lucic will step up but will Kass over a 7 game series.

ferland never worked for Calgary because 1 or 2 guys can't stop Ana.  edms speed may be the solution along with their physical tools.

Oilers are known for speed because of McDavid. They got some monsters up front in Lucic, maroon, Kassian, draisatil

48 minutes ago, McDavyCrockett said:

It does if you are banking on that sort of luck each series.

Talbot is a far superior goaltender to the mentally weak Elliott. The Ducks are not going to get the sort of ridiculous bounces they did in games 3 and 4 against Calgary.

McDavid and Draisaitl were effectively neutralized for most of this series.... and yet the Oilers still won on the backs of Talbot, team defense, and secondary scoring. If the two stars get going, this is going to be a dogfight of a series.

Never said it wouldn't be an equally matched series, but don't take the Ducks lightly.

I feel like the speed of the Oilers could give the Ducks some trouble.damage, but the way Anaheim's lines are built they basically have four two-way lines.

Could see the plastering of Kes, Cogliano and Silfverberg's line on the Oil top-line as pivotal in the series, as the Ducks line has the size, speed and toughness to slow the Oil line down at least a bit.  After that I'm not sure who could handle the massively sized and talented Getzlaf line, while they also have Perry on a separate line to be a scoring threat.  Then again I'd be prepared to be surprised by what the Oil have shown so far with their own speed and scoring depth.

This should be a great series, particularly if the Ducks aren't entirely healthy on the back end.

I think that despite the impression that any team needs to contend with Edmonton's 'speed' - it might be Edmonton that has to be concerned about the pace of play.

Kesler may have some trouble keeping with McDavid, but he also has Cogliano (who can also fly) to help give McMevid fits.

For me, the Coil achilles is the lumbering Lucic and Maroon - if the Ducks really push the pace - and they have a blueline (when healthy) that really can - then I think they may exploit the slower Coiler forwards.  Home ice may be a significant advantage for both teams.  I don't really see a size or grit advantage

Will be a really great matchup though and should be very uptempo and interesting.

Tough call - lean towards Ducks in 7 - but I do think Draisaitl is about as difficult a #2 to handle as there is in the NHL.

Heart says I'll be happy for either Juice or Kassian.

This'll be interesting but Anaheim in 6. Edmonton probably come out in the series strong with a lot of confidence but they beat an injured, overated San Jose team who were on the down-swing. Anaheim's experience will pull them through and I think Kesler is going to completely shutdown McDavid. 

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ducks in 7.

Ducks never seems to have any luck with game #7 in a series, so I take ducks in 6. 

If the series does go full length... well, a team who can't seem to win game 7 vs. a team that hasn't played game 7 over a decade.

Something has to give I guess.

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hate that the Sharks lost the series, as the Canucks lost a potential second 1st round pick, but the Sharks were without Thornton for half the series and I expect the Ducks will be a tougher opponent.   

Hoping the Ducks knock off the Oilers, then hoping the Preds destroy the Ducks.

Sharks never had a chance to win the cup this year.

Archived