Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Matt Brassard | D

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

You sound like an adult content author the way you described the play :bigblush:

 

Not that I would know what adult books are like -_- 

Yeah, hockey descriptions often veer towards unintended ribaldry. 

 

It wasn’t intentional, but I’m definitely guilty of playing with language at times to make a hockey play sound like something a little bit dirty.

 

And then there was the Rathbone thread where it got derailed for a few pages of talking about “Rathboners” and “D’s” and “back ends” (and I have to admit I was one of the most guilty culprits in that debacle).

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

And then there was the Rathbone thread where it got derailed for a few pages of talking about “Rathboners” and “D’s” and “back ends” (and I have to admit I was one of the most guilty culprits in that debacle).

Those were good times, not to be overlooked in favour of the kid’s solid freshman season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, hockey descriptions often veer towards unintended ribaldry

 

It wasn’t intentional, but I’m definitely guilty of playing with language at times to make a hockey play sound like something a little bit dirty.

 

And then there was the Rathbone thread where it got derailed for a few pages of talking about “Rathboners” and “D’s” and “back ends” (and I have to admit I was one of the most guilty culprits in that debacle).

Holy 100 dollar word! Damn thanks for teaching me that one!

 

The Rathbone thread was pure gold. My god what a name. That kid was destined for greatness from the get-go. He's on the rise ;)

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hard to say.

 

His numbers have dropped off a bit lately, but I also think he was working through an injury, so we’ll need to see how he plays out this season before making projections (based off numbers).

 

The good news is he’s picked up points the last couple games and has started shooting the puck more. So hopefully he’s finally getting back to form after being not quite 100%. If that’s the case, I would expect Brassard to have a strong second half. I still believe a point per game scoring rate or better is within his reach this season.

 

Regardless of his final tallies, I think he’ll get a contract and be in Utica next year. The Canucks just don’t have the system depth on D, especially RH shots, to not sign him. And they’ve certainly thrown contracts at lesser prospects.

 

As far as projections, if he actually hits on his potential, I’d say he could develop into a #4/5 Dman with size who can capably QB a 2nd unit PP.

RH shot, attitude, size and decent skating... can't see the Canucks not giving him an ELC unless his play drops off a lot the rest of the year.

 

I wonder why media never asks about this guy to Benning, Johnson or another "expert"? Seems like a better topic then beating the dead horse on how good Hughes will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

 

 

Could be a good move here for him, he will most likely be on the top pairing. Niagara is a good team, just weak on the back end. He should get some better opportunities and ice time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cyoung said:

Could be a good move here for him, he will most likely be on the top pairing. Niagara is a good team, just weak on the back end. He should get some better opportunities and ice time.

Yeah, should be good. Ice Dogs are loaded up front, but they could really use a guy like Brassard on their back end. Hopefully he’ll play first pairing and 1PP. Could see him piling up points. 

 

Studnicka is also a really good addition. Always appreciate his game when I watch the Gens. Ice Dogs are getting a couple top quality pieces, who should provide a significant boost their already potent offence, while also bringing a ton of veteran leadership.

 

Should be fun to watch Ottawa and Niagara battle it out in OHL East, especially with DiPietro and Brassard joining each of those respective teams.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canucks should work on Brassards skating all summer if it helped Bo that much it should do the same for Brassards skating as well. Then we can see what we have in Utica. FIRST WE WOULD HAVE TO GET HIM SIGNED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Brassard still in Oshawa and playing for the Gens tonight, so looks like the trade rumours he was headed to Niagara were premature, at least for now.

 

EDIT:

 

One assist tonight. 22 points (6G 16A) in 30 games on the season.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So Brassard still in Oshawa and playing for the Gens tonight, so looks like the trade rumours he was headed to Niagara were premature, at least for now.

 

EDIT:

 

One assist tonight. 22 points (6G 16A) in 30 games on the season.

 

According to the tweet above, there's a trade freeze that lasts until the 6th. The reported deal is likely a handshake agreement right now and the trade will go through after.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So Brassard still in Oshawa and playing for the Gens tonight, so looks like the trade rumours he was headed to Niagara were premature, at least for now.

 

EDIT:

 

One assist tonight. 22 points (6G 16A) in 30 games on the season.

Pretty sure due to the wjc trades are on a freeze. So it's like final but not final haha.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

 

According to the tweet above, there's a trade freeze that lasts until the 6th. The reported deal is likely a handshake agreement right now and the trade will go through after.

 

13 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Pretty sure due to the wjc trades are on a freeze. So it's like final but not final haha.

Yeah, saw that. Thanks.

 

At least Oshawa and Niagara don’t play each other during the freeze. Although I suppose they could just sit the players out if they had a game scheduled for before the trade goes through. It’s probably weird enough for Brassard to play games for Oshawa when he knows he’s being moved, never mind actually having to try to beat his future team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 8:06 PM, Vanuckles said:

Holy 100 dollar word! Damn thanks for teaching me that one!

 

The Rathbone thread was pure gold. My god what a name. That kid was destined for greatness from the get-go. He's on the rise ;)

Rathbone is definitely a name for the ages.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.