The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche re-sign Nikita Zadorov

Just now, Monty said:

He had the Avs by the balls. They couldn't afford to let him slip.

Surely it was the other way round? They don't need him, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Surely it was the other way round? They don't need him, that's for sure.

They've got 3 dman showing on capfriendly - Erik Johnson @ 6 mill, Barrie @ 5.5 Mill and Barberio @ 750k. Leverage must have all been with Zadorov 

Of their prospects, I only know of Mironov that should make their roster. Pretty sad defense they've got. 

I don't see how on earth this team will manage to finish anything better than dead last. 

It'll be interesting to see how much he signed for. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Precisement. Defense = worse chance of #1 pick next summer.

I see. 

Well, I think the Avs are in the running for the #1 pick for the next 3 years. They're the new Oilers.

We're all entitled to our opinions, though. Yours just happens to be wrong ;) 

2 hours ago, Monty said:

I see. 

Well, I think the Avs are in the running for the #1 pick for the next 3 years. They're the new Oilers.

We're all entitled to our opinions, though. Yours just happens to be wrong ;) 

Zadorov also happens to be nothing special. If the Avs had kept Butcher he'd have been redundant - I couldn't even see Zadorov cracking the Canucks' D, let alone a quality D. Bang average player.

2 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Zadorov also happens to be nothing special. If the Avs had kept Butcher he'd have been redundant - I couldn't even see Zadorov cracking the Canucks' D, let alone a quality D. Bang average player.

The problem with Zadorov, at least what I can see, is the Nuge/Virtanen effect. Rushing in a prospect before they are ready. In this case, as a defenseman, Nikita shouldn't have even sniffed the NHL until last season, at the earliest. 

Going from one rebuild team with terrible defense in Buffalo to another in Colorado hasn't helped him at all.

As a defenseman, he still has time to turn it around.

"Zadorov is a big, young, physical defenseman who was starting to emerge as one of our top D before his injury last season," said Avalanche Executive Vice President / General Manager Joe Sakic. "He's an important part of our blue line and we expect him to log big minutes this year. We are excited to have him under contract."

If the Cauncks trade for him.

Russia Twin Towers

Zadorov    6'5 230 lbs

Tryamkin  6'7" 265 lbs

17 hours ago, apollo said:

They've got 3 dman showing on capfriendly - Erik Johnson @ 6 mill, Barrie @ 5.5 Mill and Barberio @ 750k. Leverage must have all been with Zadorov 

Of their prospects, I only know of Mironov that should make their roster. Pretty sad defense they've got. 

I don't see how on earth this team will manage to finish anything better than dead last. 

It'll be interesting to see how much he signed for. 

Bigras

Archived