VegasCanuck

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Flames Sept. 20th 6:00pm

Rate this topic

41 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

And the official rosters:

DKLfIQJUEAAHOXr.jpg:medium

Phlegms don't have too many regulars in either... this game shouldn't be a blow out. They certainly do have the slight edge in experience though.  

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

I think this might be the roster..yikes...

Brendan Batchelor‏ @BatchHockey 
Practice groups today for #Canucks. Expect Group 1 to travel to Calgary to face the Flames tomorrow. @Sportsnet650

DKGjo1VV4AAcuwb.jpg:medium

roster.jpg-medium

I really like that second line with Megna centering it. Jayson is the most underrated guy on CDC. Look for him to set up some sick goals with Rodin and Virt. 

All the Megna haters should buzz off! 

• Upvote 3

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Going off that lineup sheet, looking like it doesn't look too bad on paper. Flames not icing a lot of their vets either. Should be a competitive matchup.

I don't know about that.

Versteeg, Frolicking,  Brouwer, Glass, and Backlund each have more NHL experience themselves than our entire line-up combined. 

We'll have to be disciplined and outwork them to stand a chance is my guess. 

I see our D getting severely pressured and Demko/Bachman getting peppered all night.

Would love to be proven wrong however. 

46 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

And the official rosters:

DKLfIQJUEAAHOXr.jpg:medium

Could turn out to be a pretty balanced game. I think the best part of these lineups is that the plug Kelly Sutherland isn't reffing today. 

• Upvote 4

Calgary still a much stronger roster than Vancouver but that's expected. Hopefully we can keep it close. 

3-2 Calgary - Boeser and Juolevi with the goals. 

From Green's interview it seems he feels Boeser and/or Rodin will be in the opening night roster ( Jake maybe as well)....

quote from the Province:

Oh, and one other thing. Green did say there are players still with the group in Vancouver who’ll be with the team on opening night. He didn’t mention any names but chances are that will come up when he gets back to Vancouver.

If Rodin doesn't get on the scoresheet tonight, then I don't know what to think about him. Playing on a line with Boeser, he should be in on a lot of plays and should pick up some points. We'll see. He needs to start making the best of every shift he takes.

EDIT: My mistake, I meant Goldobin playing with Boeser. Similarly though, Rodin needs to impress tonight, as he's done nothing so far.

Edited by NUCKER67

Kind of feel like these kids get thrown to the wolves without a veteran presence to help balance things out. Calgary's lineup of veterans is nothing to write home about, but it is still a huge difference between veteran NHLers and some guys that will be career AHLers. 

I also think it is really difficult to make conclusions about Juolevi without him being surrounded by NHL players. He is way better when playing with other guys that have some hockey sense to them. 

Edited by Down by the River

23 minutes ago, apollo said:

Phlegms don't have too many regulars in either... this game shouldn't be a blow out. They certainly do have the slight edge in experience though.  

I really like that second line with Megna centering it. Jayson is the most underrated guy on CDC. Look for him to set up some sick goals with Rodin and Virt. 

All the Megna haters should buzz off! 

nice move by the Flames, it just makes sense for them to get an extended look at their kids too.

FWIW I'm not a Megna hater, just not a Megna believer. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't know about that.

Versteeg, Frolicking,  Brouwer, Glass, and Backlund each have more NHL experience themselves than our entire line-up combined. 

I see our D getting severely pressured and Demko/Bachman getting peppered all night.

At least the Comets have had some practice time now.  Hoping Chatfield brings a bit more stability on the back end as well, and that Holm starts settling in defensively.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

nice move by the Flames, it just makes sense for them to get an extended look at their kids too.

FWIW I'm not a Megna hater, just not a Megna believer. 

Honestly I think it would be hilarious if he makes the starting roster... I'd love to see the reaction here on CDC :lol:

The reaction alone would be hilarious. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't know about that.

Well, I mean more competitive than I was thinking heading into it. They're not icing as many roster players as I thought they might.

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Honestly I think it would be hilarious if he makes the starting roster... I'd love to see the reaction here on CDC :lol:

The reaction alone would be hilarious. 

And a sign we still going down the same bumpy road of letting plugs play instead of kids who can play way better. Got enough vets aside from the Megans Shampoos and Skillets. Gagne Vanek can replace those idiots. 

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Rodin doesn't get on the scoresheet tonight, then I don't know what to think about him. Playing on a line with Boeser, he should be in on a lot of plays and should pick up some points. We'll see. He needs to start making the best of every shift he takes.

EDIT: My mistake, I meant Goldobin playing with Boeser. Similarly though, Rodin needs to impress tonight, as he's done nothing so far.

you should think he's a guy who has only played a few games in the last seaosn and a half and it's going to take a while

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

you should think he's a guy who has only played a few games in the last seaosn and a half and it's going to take a while

Did Rodin get any training in the offseason, or did he spend it recovering?

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

And a sign we still going down the same bumpy road of letting plugs play instead of kids who can play way better. Got enough vets aside from the Megans Shampoos and Skillets. Gagne Vanek can replace those idiots. 

If Jayson makes the team it's a sign he's earned it and he's improved his game over the summer. He was only -4 last year in 58 games last year. 

He's a serviceable 4th liner.

• Upvote 2

Hoping our d has a bounce back game.

Because we're toast if they play like they did against LV 

• Upvote 1

Am I missing something with Rodin? He hasn't looked very good, almost invisible. He'll be 27 in a couple of months, so how long do the Canucks take to evaluate if he's ready or not? Is it possible he's just not good enough for the NHL? I don't see amazing skill. I see a guy who looks lost and overwhelmed. I would love to see a big game from him tonight, may change my opinion.