The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

First off, congratulations to @D-Money and @Sidney Crosby. on fantastic seasons, nothing to be ashamed of by losing in Round 3.

Best of luck to the final 2 teams standing, @maroe and @Watermelons's Avalanche and @Mike Vanderhoek's Isles!

Here is how things ended up in Round 3:

25758e44d3b72bef07731eeededa0648.png

And the Cup Finals Matchups:

Colorado: Braden Holtby, Erik Haula, Alex Chiasson

Islanders: Alex Ovechkin, Lars Eller, Nate Schmidt, Jakub Vrana, Brett Connolly, Devante Smith-Pelly, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Tomas Tatar, Philipp Grubauer

All I can say is... Stranger things have indeed happened!

Congrats to @maroe and @Watermelons for a great series. As we see in real life, a hot goalie can make all the difference in a playoff round.

And as crazy as it looks on paper, if Holtby racks up more shutouts, and the games are fairly low scoring, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility for Colorado to win the final. And wouldn't it be something if, the year that MikeV's Caps love finally pays off, he ends up getting stoned by Holtby? :lol:

As for the Kings, we've had a few solid runs these last few years - 3rd round, 2nd round, and 3rd round again. But we have decided to do a partial retool next season. A few moves have already been made in an effort to get younger, which should be announced shortly.

We still plan on being a playoff team next year, but overall we'll be taking a step back. Hopefully that will lead to two steps forward in the future, so we can finally win this thing!

3 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

I'm more invested in these finals then I am the real NHL finals. Hope both teams find a way to lose and Tampa wins the cup by default. 

Really? For pure story-lines this is the most exciting final for me since 2011.

I'm all-in on OV and the Caps. They played their hearts out against Tampa.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Really? For pure story-lines this is the most exciting final for me since 2011.

I'm all-in on OV and the Caps. They played their hearts out against Tampa.

I know im in the minority and for no real reason besides maybe the Crosby vs Ovechkin debate I want to see Ovechkin go cupless his entire career. Also can't stand the fact that a first year franchise is in the finals. Makes the league look bush. 

2 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

I know im in the minority and for no real reason besides maybe the Crosby vs Ovechkin debate I want to see Ovechkin go cupless his entire career. Also can't stand the fact that a first year franchise is in the finals. Makes the league look bush. 

Minus

21 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Congrats to @maroe and @Watermelons for a great series. As we see in real life, a hot goalie can make all the difference in a playoff round.

And as crazy as it looks on paper, if Holtby racks up more shutouts, and the games are fairly low scoring, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility for Colorado to win the final. And wouldn't it be something if, the year that MikeV's Caps love finally pays off, he ends up getting stoned by Holtby? :lol:

It was literally so so close, @D-Money. If it wasn't for Holtby, I don't think we even stood a chance in winning this tight match-up. Thanks for the countless days of non-sleep and anxiousness over these past couple of weeks. 

It would be crazy indeed but seeing his roster versus mine, the chances are like 14 million to 1. I would need an 1-0 shutout every game with goals by Chiasson unassisted while Haula fights twice a game ;). Anyhow, very excited to be in the Cup Finals and we are going to play lights out to bring it home. @Mike Vanderhoek, looking forward to a crazy clash between our teams. Best of luck sir!

@Nail I believe we have Haula too on that very short list of ours haha.

I love that Vegas is proving you can do it with 23 'expendibles'. this finals is on the teams who left exposed .."expendible" heroes. LOVE IT as a serious underdog fan I hope that Vegas beats the Caps in 4, hahaha..but as an underdog fan i also hope Ovie finds fruit beyond the Pitts rivalry

Archived