The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Yeah he's right, the delusion on CDC I was referring to was last season not the one before.  

Tryamkin, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Tanev, Edler, OJ, Sbisa, Hutton = Benning is genius and can now concentrate on forwards. 

Everybody other than one person understood your point. Apparently the calendar policeman took issue. 

Jets may be Canada’s best chance at a cup. With all the hype the coilers and laffs get the jets are kinda flying  under the radar. Maybe their d is a little suspect but their O can bail them out. Don’t forget they were missing buf tonight too. 

id rather see them go far over the laffs, coilers or lamers... maybe it’s coz the moose used to play there or because I dont wanna see guys like hrudey and Kypreos wetting themselves while they cheer for their teams

16 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Yeah he's right, the delusion on CDC I was referring to was last season not the one before.  

Tryamkin, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Tanev, Edler, OJ, Sbisa, Hutton = Benning is genius and can now concentrate on forwards. 

Is it just me or is that guy a real donkey

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Given the Green presser it sounds as if Goldy will draw back in next game 

if we stand and any chance next game we need out tender (Nilsson) to stand on his head and eek out a low scoring win 

I think it’s time we rode Nilsson for a good stretch.  

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

That crossroad is fast approaching. I figure he either slots in during the next game or he'll find himself in Utica.

Yeah, I would think so. The guy has speed and raw offensive talent, but he constantly plays on the wrong side of the puck. He'll never gain any coach's trust if he doesn't make some basic positional adjustments. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Part of Goldy not playing tonight is maturing. It's little things within Goldy's game that we're trying to teach him. He's come along way in that department. He's an option we'll think about for next game for sure." - Green

Starting to coach like W.D expect same results....................... We just cant give players a chance to learn the game. They make mistakes we ruin their confidence. But all I see is mistakes from the Veterns.

16 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Green saw what Goldy has in his few games up here. Add that to whatever vibe he's getting from him in practice and look what we have, Goldy in the press box. I agree that players should play, but if Green doesn't like what he has shown and gives him a couple games off it's no big deal, and in no way whatsoever is to be compared to Gagner getting ice time. No matter what people think of Gagner's play there's not much more for him to learn about being a pro, Goldobin however, he has a lot to learn. If he doesn't play up here soon then he should go back to Utica. 

Comparing rookies attempting to become pros to veterans is something akin to comparing apples to a left footed shoe. What's the point?

Good or bad, I personally don't care about Gagner's play this year, and I probably won't care about it next year. Good play would be gravy, but he's a placeholder for the next wave and the next wave has to be better than him to uproot him. Goldy made strides, he got called up, and promptly found himself out of the lineup. There's likely some behind the scenes stuff (at practice, for 1 example) that you don't see that Green bases his decisions off of. 

I hear what you are saying and agree with most of it...however, what I see as a fan is that Goldy is out performing Gagner with his limited opportunity. 

Not giving the young guys the opportunity to work through their stuff is not a good development strategy when they are out performing the vets on the ice.

Goldy has 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games and is + 3. That is a good start to being a responsible player...coach needs to trust him and give him the opportunity sooner than later or keep playing Gagner, Dowd and Gaunce...when the team needs goals and send Goldy back to Utica.

Vets will continue to take up roster spots and continue to fail....and the opportunity cost is the young skilled guys will not develop in the big leagues.

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Yeah, I would think so. The guy has speed and raw offensive talent, but he constantly plays on the wrong side of the puck. He'll never gain any coach's trust if he doesn't make some basic positional adjustments. 

It's important to not that he has made tremendous strides when compared to the guy we saw 1 and a 1/2 seasons ago, but I agree that there is still a lot of room for improvement. I hope he plays again soon, and fans aside, I hope he does enough to convince Green that he deserves to stay. 

That's all on Goldy at this point. This lineup is depleted as all hell, and if he can't crack the lineup the writing is on the wall, at least in the short term.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I hear what you are saying and agree with most of it...however, what I see as a fan is that Goldy is out performing Gagner with his limited opportunity. 

Not giving the young guys the opportunity to work through their stuff is not a good development strategy when they are out performing the vets on the ice.

Goldy has 1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games and is + 3. That is a good start to being a responsible player...coach needs to trust him and give him the opportunity sooner or later or keep playing Gagner, Dowd and Gaunce...when the team needs goals and send Goldy back to Utica.

Vets will continue to take up roster spots and continue to fail....and the opportunity cost is the young skilled guys will not develop in the big leagues.

Well said . I do think the master plan was to increase the value of Gagner and then move the 3 year contact at the trade deadline along with Vanek and Burmy. Then play the heck out of the rookies and young guys I. The second half 

the problem is Gagner and Burmy are not upping their value 

Archived