The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

My strategy would have been: we will have several penalties so why not make them count. Run the goalie, fight Laine, and hit like crazy. Then there will be no weak ass calls, the quota will be filled for the game. It would be like a third period for the rest of the game. Team would need more warriors to do this though. Or perhaps even one warrior now that Dorse is gone. So soft but Benning admits he's building a skill team. I don't like this approach, the Jets have both and so should we.

There is actually some logic to this too. Not that it is very ethical or sportsman like. The Anaheim Ducks won their cup that way. They were absolutely brutal. And to some extent the Boston Bruins in 2011 against us. Make your penatles actual penalties that ideally inflict harm and injury, especially the playoffs. The refs arm eventually gets tired. And he inevitably, in his fear of being called unfair, has to even out the calls, at least somewhat, and so calls weakass ones against the other team to at least get them somewhat more even. So AVs great plan, of turning the other cheek, and killing them on the PP, failed because the refs would simply manufacture calls against us to even it out. So while we were playing goody two skates, taking weak minor hooking, holding calls, they were inflicting more damage on our already depleted lineup. And the price in penalty minutes was roughly the same for each team.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

LOL.

That might be the most absurd claim I've seen in ages.

+1 if you can find a single poster on CDC that said that.

Last time you said something like this I actually spent like an hour going through your posts and quoted you to prove a point and you just ignored it.  If you disagree with me I don't care.  You must be a narcissist because you never admit you're wrong even when it's blatantly obvious.  Always going to one of these plays from your playbook when you're wrong:

1. Ignore the post

2. Reply to a part of it to take things out of context

3. Change argument to be about a different topic

You're not worth the time. 

Edit:  Oldnews are you getting rid of old downvotes so you can downvote me multiple times a day?  LOL 

2nd Edit:  LOL nevermind he's downvoting everyone that replies to him today

12 minutes ago, 6string said:

This depleted Canuck lineup was no match for a top flight club like Winnipeg.

Like the coach sez this is an oppurtunity for others to shine ( paraphrasing ). Gaunce, Virtanen and Goldobin can make some great gains from this difficult part of the schedule.

I'm hanging in there!

I think guys like the sedins Eriksson vanek and gagner are mostly the ones who need to step up

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

I don't know how this is possible considering the Canucks haven't had a number 1 dman since, what, Mathias Ohlund?

Yeah.

No Stecher, no Pouliot, no Juolevi.

Aging Edler.

No high picks in the system.

Tanev = set! 

Yeah, I remember seeing 'everyone' claiming that.....

Related image

4 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Last time you said something like this I actually spent like an hour going through your posts and quoted you to prove a point and you just ignored it.

Sure you did.  Quote that as well while you're at it.

'Everyone' claimed the blueline was set a couple years ago.

Cool story.

For a team that is desperately in need of scoring... why has Goldobin been benched? 3 games and he had a goal and a primary assist... let the kid play, surely the team can't be worse off with him in the lineup vs having chaput/burmi/dowd/megna/whoever else they call up instead of Goldobin.  

Just now, oldnews said:

Yeah.

No Stecher, no Pouliot, no Juolevi.

Aging Edler.

No high picks in the system.

Tanev = set! 

Yeah, I remember seeing 'everyone' claiming that.....

Related image

Having that missing piece, a true elite number one dman, would really make our d a heck of a lot better.  I wonder if that’s all our d really needs?  

everybody has different expectations for this team. i see a team that is going to struggle with 2/3 rds of their first line out and 2/3rd of their best checking line out. i like the gaunce, chaput and virtanen line. i hope when sutter comes back, they put granlund and ericksson on his line. i predicted that we would only get 3 wins in december. we've got 2 so far. green has to keep on, patching a line up todether. the losses will mount. making the play offs will be tough.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

They gave Goldy a few games and he set up a beauty goal and scored ..... then they benched him and have not won since 

go figure 

Yup that is true, everything should be equal. All I'm saying is that once the fans turn on a player, their confidence will shrink as well. Give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he's got over the next few weeks before basing a judgement on him

Archived