The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck Records Database

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Final Update for the end of the 2017-18 season. This will have a lot fewer updates with the twins gone next year. Only Edler will continue to set new records unless we have a superstar rookie *cough* Pettersson *cough*.

All Skaters and Forwards:
Career Games (Henrik - 1330 Games)

Career Goals (Daniel - 393 Goals)

Career Assists (Henrik - 830 Assists)

Career Points (Henrik - 1070 Points)

Career Powerplay Goals (Daniel Sedin - 138 PPG)

Career Powerplay Points (Henrik Sedin - 369 PPP)

Defensemen:
Career Points (Alex Edler - 334 Points) 

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 153 PPP)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 10:58 PM, nuck-lifer said:

This is a great reference for Canuck's stats. Excellent work here!

So many stand out as a surprise, but the Dan Cloutier's Save% and  wins gets my attention, since i remember nothing but criticism with Cloutier's play including myself.

#lovestats

Image result for dan cloutier beach ball

Cloutier did have some solid games, its just that when he messed up, it counted. 

To me, Mention of Cloutier makes me think of one of 2 instances. 

1) When he was fighting and called on the opposing teams bench.

2) This.

Edited by BenMaverick84

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, nuck-lifer said:

This is a great reference for Canuck's stats. Excellent work here!

So many stand out as a surprise, but the Dan Cloutier's Save% and  wins gets my attention, since i remember nothing but criticism with Cloutier's play including myself.

#lovestats

Image result for dan cloutier beach ball

Oh, but that .872 playoff SPCT...  In the dead puck era.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Updated (10/21/18):

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 339 points)

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 156 PPP)

As predicted, only Edler is making moves on here for now. If Pettersson can stay healthy though, I think it should be very very doable for him to break all the records for a rookie centreman. The records are 20 goals, 31 assists, and 51 points.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, -AJ- said:

Final Update for the end of the 2017-18 season. This will have a lot fewer updates with the twins gone next year. Only Edler will continue to set new records unless we have a superstar rookie *cough* Pettersson *cough*.

Defensemen:

$hit, the record for defencemen shows how little we had in the way of superstar defenceman in the history of the franchise.

Hopefully Quinn Hughes will change that.

2 hours ago, khay said:

$hit, the record for defencemen shows how little we had in the way of superstar defenceman in the history of the franchise.

Hopefully Quinn Hughes will change that.

Yep. We've had a few star offensive d-men (Brown, Reinhart), but none that have lasted any good amount of time.

On 21/10/2018 at 11:29 AM, -AJ- said:

Updated (10/21/18):

Defensemen:

As predicted, only Edler is making moves on here for now. If Pettersson can stay healthy though, I think it should be very very doable for him to break all the records for a rookie centreman. The records are 20 goals, 31 assists, and 51 points.

Hasn't Petterssen already broken records?  10 goals in his first 10 games sure hasn't been done by a Canuck before.  

2 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Hasn't Petterssen already broken records?  10 goals in his first 10 games sure hasn't been done by a Canuck before.  

I don't track partial-season records, but I am quite sure that's a Canuck record. The rookie record he's closest to beating on my database is the most goals for a rookie centre at 20 goals, last set back in 1978-79 by Thomas Gradin. I think we'll be seeing that one soon enough.

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I don't track partial-season records, but I am quite sure that's a Canuck record. The rookie record he's closest to beating on my database is the most goals for a rookie centre at 20 goals, last set back in 1978-79 by Thomas Gradin. I think we'll be seeing that one soon enough.

That might be or be close to a league record.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 10:55 AM, -AJ- said:

I find that I'm often looking for a lot of information on Canuck records that takes a bit of work to find, so I thought I'd make a spreadsheet to show a bunch of Canuck records and how they've changed over the history of the Canucks. Personally, I'll be using this for quick access to information for my hockey blog, but I figured some others on here might want to use it or just view it for curiosity's sake. There's far to much information to place in this post, so I've just made the Google Sheet accessible by link if you're interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1czbmdTFdMVNMVrkHaOH0jzWt5jVXMCo4JAXDSQRu36c/edit?usp=sharing

Some interesting bits I found:

- The oldest single-season player record is assists by a defenseman, set by Dennis Kearns in 1976-77 with 55 assists

- The oldest career stats player record is also assists by a defenseman, set also by Dennis Kearns with 290 assists in 1980-81

- In Vancouver's inaugural season, Dale Tallon set marks for a rookie defenseman that have still not been beaten today, making them the oldest Canuck records in any category

- The oldest career special teams record is by Dennis Kearns for powerplay points by a defenseman with 143, set in 1980-81. Alex Edler is just four powerplay points behind with 139 and could soon break this old record. 

- Despite the 80s being hyper-offensive, the Canucks were better in the early 90s, so their highest goals-per-game came in 1992-93

- The Canucks apparently had a crazy good powerplay in 1982-83

Also let me know if you spot any errors; there's a lot of information so it's likely that I made a few mistakes along the way.

Updated (12/30/17):

Reveal hidden contents

All Skaters:

Career Games (Henrik)

Career Goals (Daniel)

Career Assists (Henrik)

Career Points (Henrik)

^All of the above for just forwards too.

Career Powerplay points (Henrik) among forwards and all skaters

Extra things of note: 

- Edler has scored one more powerplay point, putting him just three behind Kearns for that old record (140 to 143)

- Boeser will have to perform well to break records, even just within his position, as he's a right wing, and we all know what other right wing had a great Canuck rookie season. 34 goals, 31 assists, and 60 points are the records to break for right wings. Among all skaters, he has to beat Dale Tallon's 42 rookie assists, the oldest Canuck record, set in the inaugural season of 1970-71.

Updated (1/29/18):

Reveal hidden contents

Career Games (Henrik - 1297 Games)

Career Goals (Daniel - 381 Goals)

Career Assists (Henrik - 813 Assists)

Career Points (Henrik - 1052 Points)

Career Powerplay Goals (Daniel Sedin - 133 PPG)

Career Powerplay Points (Henrik Sedin - 363 PPP)

Defensemen:

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 144 PPP) NEW RECORD HOLDER

Updated (3/16/18):

Reveal hidden contents

Career Games (Henrik - 1319 Games)

Career Goals (Daniel - 391 Goals)

Career Assists (Henrik - 824 Assists)

Career Points (Henrik - 1063 Points)

Career Powerplay Goals (Daniel Sedin - 137 PPG)

Career Powerplay Points (Henrik Sedin - 368 PPP)

Defensemen:
Career Points (Alex Edler - 326 Points) NEW RECORD HOLDER

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 149 PPP)

Team:
Most recent 5 goal differential (Feb 17, 2018 vs Boston Bruins, 6-1) 

Most recent 6 goal differential (Feb 11, 2018 vs Dallas Stars, 6-0)

Updated (4/8/18):

Reveal hidden contents

Defensemen:

Updated (10/21/18):

Reveal hidden contents

Defensemen:

Excellent work !  Should be Pinned  by Moderator.  Deb where are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (12/9/18):

Most Recent 5-goal differential: Dec 9, 2018 against St. Louis Blues (Most points: E. Pettersson, 5)

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 342 points)

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 157 PPP)

Other notes:

Edler is still the only one with changes on here so far this year, but EP is just 5 goals away from tying the Canuck record for the most goals by a rookie centreman, which is currently held by Thomas Gradin at 20, set way back in 1978-79.

Edler himself is also now 7 goals behind Ohlund's goal record. It's still in reach this year, but it's a stretch for him to hit it as it would require a 9-goal season. A bit further away (probably) is career powerplay goals by a defenseman where Edler's 42 remains 6 behind Salo's 48 PPGs. At 775 games as a Canuck Edler is now just 6 games short of the record for a Canuck defenseman of 781 games held by Harold Snepsts.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (12/23/18):

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 348 points)

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 160 PPP)

Career Games (Alex Edler - 782 games)

Other notes:

EP is just 3 goals away from tying the Canuck record for the most goals by a rookie centreman, which is currently held by Thomas Gradin at 20, set way back in 1978-79.

The only main records Edler had to catch now are career goals and career assists among defensemen. Assists is next to impossible to catch this year and goals would also be a stretch. If he re-signs, barring injury or heavy offensive drop off, he'll certainly pass both next year.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (1/7/19):

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 353 points)

Career Powerplay Points (Alex Edler - 163 PPP)

Career Games (Alex Edler - 788 games)

Updated to correct Ivan Hlinka's rookie records which I missed. Updated centre records for goals, assists, and points.

Other notes:

EP is 1 goal away from tying the Canuck record for the most goals by a rookie centreman, which has been corrected to currently held by Ivan Hlinka with 23 goals at 32 years old, set back in 1981-82.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...