The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Leader Patrick Brown "Sexual Misconduct Allegations....

JV77

6 hours ago, DonLever said:

Brown resigned as leader 30 minutes ago.   He had no choice because these allegations, true or not, taint you.  

Strange these allegations come out just when Ontario will head to the polls this summer.   Why did these women not come forward when he was elected leader years ago.

The only person benefitting is Premier Wynn.   She is down in the polls but now will probably be re-elected.

Have you been living under a rock?  Why now....because of the whole #metoo movement and Weinstein scandal.  This is just the beginning, until someone is sued and found guilty of defamation, then it might cool down.

6 hours ago, darkpoet said:

"allegations" can ruin a mans life, but somehow this is ok

wait. isn't this guy THE LEADER OF OUR COUNTRY?

...isn't he MARRIED??? 

CM9q4l5U8AAUCnX.jpg

CLfrztAVEAAHJxs.jpg:large

gay+pride+Chicago02.jpg

If you wanna start picking apart our political reps for inappropriate behaviour , let's start at the top, shall we?

https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/trudeaus-wife-admits-extramarital-affair-to-reporter/

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Super addition from a totally credible source there.   Awesome position you have taken and totally the same as an alleged assault (s)

Yup.  Totally.  Not different at all.

Edit** I just have to know, why call him a limp **** at all hmm?  your whataboutism is already poor enough here without name calling.  Kinda sad

6 hours ago, darkpoet said:

yet they are not presented and/or verified as being authentic

ya..... not so screwed. until then .... but she will be (or SHOULD BE) if they are not

Actually read the story.  The messages were shown to reporters.  Numerous friends verified it.  The timelines add up perfectly.

Innocent until proven guilty.  But thats some pretty strong evidence in favour of the alleged victims.  Eve if he is innocent he's sweating hard thinking about how easy it is to screw up in todays world

There are two sides of this story if you go into someone's bedroom then perform oral sex and then decide to stop because you don't like it and he agrees to stop is that sexual assault? I don't think so. Same with the second woman she willingly drunk with her boss and then went back to his room and made so many choices because she felt she had to in order to keep her job and then in the end he stopped when she made it clear to stop. 

This is the way I see it someone has sex with someone thinks about how they didn't like it afterwards and then decides to be like oh that's rape or sexual assault. 

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

Always 2 sides to the story, BUT,  This is a workplace incident period.   I have a staff of 10, in no bloody way is there ever a situation, where I can be straddling over top of a staff member clothed or not, unless they were in cardiac arrest.   So many clear NO's from a job place perspective. 

I had a former crew, numerous sites I had to hire on OSHA workers who were usually predominantly women and the pre site meetings I had to hold were eye opening.  Some guys don't see a step outside of professionalism on the job to be an issue.  When it was my name and business on the line though I had zero tolerance

I also had a 3 count rule on site.  You can look but 1, 2, 3 stop or you're off shift for the day.

There is no real grey area for workplace incidents I've found

15 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I used to be a foreman on the highrises in Van, I also had those meetings.   I also had several issues with both sexes about conduct,clothing attire etc.   I could tell you some crazy downtown storys , but that's off topic.  As for this though, total breach of authority, but not limited too.

I had a very angry woman on my staff, a hire on from Ellis Don with a chip on my shoulder.  She had a closed door with me once about one of my guys.  Literally known the guy 20 years.  Great family man, super friendly and a well known member of a local church.

She hated how he would make eye contact and say good morning to her in the shed each morning.  Feels like he's eye raping me she said.  I know what he wants she swore.  I had to sit him down and somehow find a way to tell him to come in 5 minutes early or late and ignore this woman during the duration of our contract.

He laughed it off and simply complied, ensured he was working on a different floor, took different breaks etc.  Some people look for trouble he said; they have an axe to grind with the world.

he's not wrong.  But there is 0 tolerance at the work place for good reason.  

7 hours ago, darkpoet said:

I've been a Canucks fan since 1982 and I'm out of patience on that front.

Imagine how I feel about this kind of nonsense..... 

People are %$# crazy. With "social media" now... any arsehat out there can literally ruin a person's life without even having a shred of real evidence to back up any claim. 
If true, anyone, with clear evidence provided, the law should prevail.

However, if anyone steps forward and makes false claims like this knowing the consequences involved for their "targets", they should be imprisoned for life with no chance of parole - EVER.

That's how you separate the wheat from the chaff son

So you think someone who makes a false sexual assault allegation should get more time in prison than an actual rapist?

I agree that there should be consequences for false accusations but what you just proposed is utterly ridiculous and would turn Canada into a rapist's paradise. Who's going to report their sexual assault if there's a chance they could end up in prison, for life, over it?

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He laughed it off and simply complied, ensured he was working on a different floor, took different breaks etc.  Some people look for trouble he said; they have an axe to grind with the world.

he's not wrong.  But there is 0 tolerance at the work place for good reason.  

good work on handling that one. You have to wonder what happened to her to get her to that point as well :unsure:

@Ronaldoescobar politics has nothing to do with it. 

His staff deserted him because there is almost certainly an electronic trail linking him to these two people at the times they claim. 30+ year old guys should not be creeping around with teenage girls, thats something most of us should be able to agree on regardless of political stripes. 

He clearly has some pretty poor judgement regardless of what particular details you think may or may not have happened. If some guy in his 30s was hanging around my teenage daughter you better believe I'd be having a talk with him, and if he was any kind of public figure I'd know exactly what to say to send him packing. This kind of creepy behaviour is exactly what needs to be exposed and not tolerated anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Unfortunately as in the US political allegiance will rule the day and many (not all) people will take sides on this story depending on which way they lean politically instead of sticking to the hard facts...

I think it's pretty telling that something wasn't right when five staffers immediately resigned because Brown didn't step down initially.

I don't understand how him taking her home after she requested makes him such a great guy. Sure, it's better than continuing against her will, but why would you even ask something like that when the power dynamic is so skewed? When you're a man with power, you don't ask a young drunk woman who you hardly know to pleasure you like that. 

These fake news stories are really starting to annoy me. So what if he hit on her. All she had to say was "no". What was he supposed to think? She's underage at a bar, drinking and getting drunk, then she goes home with him! How bad is this going to get? To the point that men stop communicating with women because they're afraid "what if they get upset at something later and then ruin my life?"

I'm so glad I'm not a young person trying to find a prefect mate in this crazy world. People are f**ked.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

These fake news stories are really starting to annoy me. So what if he hit on her. All she had to say was "no". What was he supposed to think? She's underage at a bar, drinking and getting drunk, then she goes home with him! How bad is this going to get? To the point that men stop communicating with women because they're afraid "what if they get upset at something later and then ruin my life?"

I'm so glad I'm not a young person trying to find a prefect mate in this crazy world. People are f**ked.

you really don't see a problem with a guy in his 30s hitting on teenage girls? 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@Ronaldoescobar politics has nothing to do with it. 

His staff deserted him because there is almost certainly an electronic trail linking him to these two people at the times they claim. 30+ year old guys should not be creeping around with teenage girls, thats something most of us should be able to agree on regardless of political stripes. 

He clearly has some pretty poor judgement regardless of what particular details you think may or may not have happened. If some guy in his 30s was hanging around my teenage daughter you better believe I'd be having a talk with him, and if he was any kind of public figure I'd know exactly what to say to send him packing. This kind of creepy behaviour is exactly what needs to be exposed and not tolerated anymore. 

I agree with you and HerrDrFunk and politics should have absolutely nothing to do with these matters whatsoever. And i can assure you that if it were my daughter there would be a lot more than just me talking and a lot more people connected to the creep being "spoken" to ... I just wish that was the way it is but unfortunately I dont think we are too different than our southern neighbors in that it will turn political for people who will condemn one action on one side and justify the same on the other....

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you really don't see a problem with a guy in his 30s hitting on teenage girls? 

Not saying it's right, but the woman also played a big part. Most underage girls wouldn't be at the bar hitting on older men. Or do they? I don't know. It's been a long time since I was in a bar. I have 3 daughters, all grown up now. I like to think I raised them well enough that they would've known better than to illegally hang around in bars flirting with older men.

I have three daughters and a lot of the time Im terrified because of stuff like this.

At the same time its got to a point where Im afraid to make a comment on a story like this because no matter what I say it will offend someone.  Thats why im outta here, heading back to the Pettersson thread ...

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not saying it's right, but the woman also played a big part. Most underage girls wouldn't be at the bar hitting on older men. Or do they? I don't know. It's been a long time since I was in a bar. I have 3 daughters, all grown up now. I like to think I raised them well enough that they would've known better than to illegally hang around in bars flirting with older men.

but thats kind of the point, as you well know teens often don't make good choices, they are just learning how to make them. Guys in their 30s, thats another story. And 17.... man that gives me the willies. Even if its legally consensual its very creepy and not something I'd want in a political leader thats for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I have three daughters and a lot of the time Im terrified because of stuff like this.

At the same time its got to a point where Im afraid to make a comment on a story like this because no matter what I say it will offend someone.  Thats why im outta here, heading back to the Pettersson thread ...

I agree this is a very sensitive subject, and people get upset. Off to chat about hockey now.    

Archived