The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 Winter Olympic Games Thread

CBH1926

Which country will win most medals  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Really Canada :picard:

Sounds like drunk and mischief.  When you are in a foreign land representing your country, it is best not to get drunk or under a substance.  Like that US swimmer Lochette what his face.

On another story, USA wins mens curling gold.  Hell has frozen over.

Not many more events left.  Hope Canadian men ice hockey can redeem themselves and win their last game. At least they can say they did better than our 1998 and 2006 NHL all star teams. 

Susan Ormiston‏Verified account @OrmistonOnline 7h7 hours ago

Canadian athlete, manager arrested and released for stealing a car and driving drunk in PyeongChang. Police investigating won't name athlete; group hopped in an idling car and drove to athletes village, blood alcohol .160 according to Gangwon police, said they were cold @CBCNews

Diana Swain‏Verified account @swaindiana 6h6 hours ago

Local police confirm to @Cbcnews @TeamCanada Ski Cross athlete Dave Duncan and two others arrested in incident with stolen vehicle.

steve simmons‏Verified account @simmonssteve 3h3 hours ago

More details on the Canadian stolen car story. The third person arrested aside from Dave Duncan and his wife, Maja, was Nancy Greene's son, Willy Raine. He's a technical coach on the Canadian ski team.

Canada currently in 2nd in medals won but Germany will push them into 3rd after tonight most likely with a guaranteed medal in hockey plus 1 or probably 2 in 4man bobsled.  Like any Olympics it had its pleasant surprises and disappointing upsets, but it was still a lot of fun to watch and very proud with how our Olympic team did.

(And hey, any time you finish ahead of the Americans it's a great fortnight :gocan:)

Go Canada!

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Sounds like drunk and mischief.  When you are in a foreign land representing your country, it is best not to get drunk or under a substance.  Like that US swimmer Lochette what his face.

On another story, USA wins mens curling gold.  Hell has frozen over.

Not many more events left.  Hope Canadian men ice hockey can redeem themselves and win their last game. At least they can say they did better than our 1998 and 2006 NHL all star teams. 

Ivanka was in attendance so clearly the Russians "aided" the US to the win.

A 4th in the 50km cross country skiing, tremendous achievement

Parky‏ @parkyinbc 2h2 hours ago

These are the athletes that inspire me the most. Alex Harvey ended his Olympic legacy with a 4th in the 50km ski. No fanfare, minimal program support but immeasurable effort and pride

Nice read here about Harvey and his competition at the Olympics, written before his last race

http://nationalpost.com/sports/olympics/simmons-why-alex-harvey-is-world-class-even-without-an-olympic-medal

"The Norwegians, who finished second, fourth, and sixth, three ahead of Harvey, spent more than $1 million just to rent an entire hotel here to house and feed its nordic athletes. Their budget for wax alone is more than the entire Canadian team spends in a year."

Also, I know I'm always supposed to cheer against the Americans, but it's hard not to like the US men's curling squad. They look like the guys in the bar who just got off shift at the lumber yard and the photo of Matt Hamilton's epic 'stache sharing a Molson Canadian (ugh :sick:) with Johnny Morris after the mixed competition makes me like them even more.

Props to Shuster and co. for a great win.:towel:

8 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Canada 4 man bobsleigh not happy definitely one of them not happy.

Is it not possible to run the video of the run in question, and time it from start to finish using a different clock to see if this guy has a point?

I only spot check this thread on occasion so I dunno if this was already posted, but I figured you all might get a kick out of Germany's tweet after Team Canada lost to them in hockey.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4045215/germany-travel-advisory-canada-hockey-2018-winter-olympics/

“Travel advisory: Germans in Canada should exercise a high degree of empathy. Be nice, don’t gloat, give hugs, buy rounds of hot chocolate. Just imagine how you would feel if Canada beat us in soccer,” reads the tweet.

Hug a Canadian and buy him hot chocolate.... lol

I think both Team USA and Canada over achieved in the men's tournament.  They had their minor-league pro guys and we couldn't even get our friggin' good AHL'ers in the Olympics.  I'm just happy one of us at least picked up some hardware.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Watched that interview last night. Basically saying that it's rigged, without saying that it's rigged.

Yeah that's what they're trying to basically say without saying it, definitely sounds fishy and supposedly they set the fastest start time as well and didn't feel they had a bad run to lose that much time after.

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

BAD CANADA BAD!!!  HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!! :P

Our athletes here just lie about fake crimes. :lol:

You can never trust those pesky Canadians, they are all acting nice and polite.

But as soon as you let your guard down, they become mischievous.

Archived