The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2018-2019 - Official Draft Thread

Tigs

Welcome all to the Official 2018-2019 EKL Draft Thread! 

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-y19HhEkpK4qhrGPLKQRjNYDyjMSNGlsduFTke7wWE/edit?usp=sharing

Timeframe:

• The draft will start on June 24th at 7 AM PST and run until 11 PM PST. We will be using the 7AM-11PM PST as our daily window of time until the draft is complete. 
  • From June 24th-July 15th all GM's will have 6 Hours to make their selection.
  • From July 16th-August 15th all GM's will have 4 Hours to make their selection.
  • From August 16th-August 31st all GM's will have 2 Hours to make their selection. 
  • Any remaining picks in September all GM's will have 1 Hour to make their selection. 

Rules:

• Each team will be required to make 36 selections.
  • We will be using IRL contracts. (e.g. Connor McDavid will have an AAV of 12.500M x 8 Years - the contract will have a NMC for the last 4 years.)
  • If you wish to trade picks there must be an equal amount of picks traded between teams. One team cannot draft 37 players and the other 35 players.
  • If you were not able to make a selection within your allotted amount of time, you will be skipped. Your skipped pick may be made up at any point in time.
  • If you were skipped and have not made up that selection by the time your next pick comes up, the amount of time you have to pick will be halved. (e.g. If I was to be skipped in Round 15 and had not yet made my choice in player by the time my pick in Round 16 came, I would only be given a 3 hour window in Round 16.)
  • You may edit a selection within 60 seconds of your initial post.
  • Should you choose a player that has already been drafted, we will carry on with the draft as if you had made a selection, however you will be able to re-pick at any point in time.
  • All contracts signed IRL between the dates of June 13th and September 30th will be applied to pending UFA/RFAs.

The goal would be to have things finished by September 15th so that we have a couple weeks to tie up any loose ends.

WE WILL BE ALLOWING GM'S TO MAKE PICKS STARTING TODAY. Please note that there are no time limits until June 24th.  

Please keep in mind that you are required to ice a roster of at least 12 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, and 2 Goaltenders, but can have up to 23 players on your active NHL roster. 

A couple things that I would like to quickly mention as well. Something we overlooked initially was a list of starting goaltenders. We will likely have a rule that says you are only allowed to have 1 starting goaltender. Should you have a goalie prospect/backup become a starting goaltender over the course of the year, there will be some flexibility within that. This is only to prevent teams from hoarding playoff goaltenders. (The list is TBD.) Secondly, if you have any trades to make please submit them to @BM24 and myself. 

Other than that @Nail and @JE14 are now free to make their selection at any point in time!

Official Starting Goaltender List:

Andrei Vasilevsky
Connor Hellebuyck
Pekka Rinne
Frederik Andersen
Sergei Bobrovsky
Devan Dubnyk
Braden Holtby
Tuukka Rask
Jonathan Quick
Cam Talbot
John Gibson
Martin Jones
Marc-Andre Fleury
Jake Allen
Matt Murray
Henrik Lundqvist
Ben Bishop
Cory Schneider
Corey Crawford
Carey Price

You will only be permitted to select one of these goaltenders.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jaku said:

It is with great pleasure the Vancouver Canucks are ecstatic to pick - 

Mark Scheifele!

2s0yd1e.jpg

Pretty funny, I was going to swap picks with Dion but was going to see if WSA took him first.

Jaku jumped to the opportunity and got him, great pick.

Undisputed 1C with a plethora of elite wingers, 25 years old, cheap contract and on a powerhouse team.

Archived