The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

He is doing his thing in the DEL. Was hoping he could of turned out for us, but injuries set him back and his foot speed was an issue?

His issue was that he was always a long shot to make the nhl. As are most prospects drafted after the second round. Not the 4c of 4 years ago cdc thought he was.

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 2:29 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

I would do that instantly. I doubt the Flyers do though.

Selling OJ at a rock bottom price isnt smart.  

Gaudette is a gamer and I would hate to give up on him now.  

Provorov is a very talented player and we could really use him.  I doubt Philly does that.  We would have to add and this is a deal that could look lopsided early for usand later for Philly.  

With Igor, one would think Trymakin would be more inclined to return and hopefully, at minimum, get a half decent return once signed if he sulks again.

Edited by Phat Fingers

On 3/5/2019 at 1:26 AM, Canuckster86 said:

Its lovely to think this guy can be a top 6 C in the NHL. But take a breath, this is his first year of college. Other players have done very well in College and fizzled out in the NHL or become AHL or Euro hockey players. 

He can train hard and put on some weight and gain strength while in College. If he becomes an NHL regular period that is a success. Bottom 6 guy with some PK abilities who can pot the odd SHG sounds like a good player to me. 

Let's hope we hit some home runs in non 1st round picks, even our 1st rounders may or may not live up to the hype to where they were drafted....like all 31 NHL teams, no team is perfect with 1st rounders....see Deadmonton

At this point, if Tyler can be an NHLer, its fantastic.  Billing him into to a top 6 center.... that's loftily and a little too optimistic for me for now.  

He has a long way to go and his size is a limitation that he will have to overcome and not get injured.  

For every Johnny Hockey, there are hundreds of guys who never made it.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Selling OJ at a rock bottom price isnt smart.  

Gaudette is a gamer and I would hate to give up on him now.  

Provorov is a very talented player and we could really use him.  I doubt Philly does that.  We would have to add and this is a deal that could look lopsided early for usand later for Philly.  

With Igor, one would think Trymakin would be more inclined to return and hopefully, at minimum, get a half decent return once signed if he sulks again.

Selling Juolevi for Provorov isn't selling low. 

As I said, I doubt it happens but if that was offered Benning would not look good if he rejected. 

48 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Selling Juolevi for Provorov isn't selling low. 

As I said, I doubt it happens but if that was offered Benning would not look good if he rejected. 

I jumped in halfway thru... I haven't heard that was an offer.  I dont believe it and I can't see anyone turning that down in Vancouver.  

32 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

I jumped in halfway thru... I haven't heard that was an offer.  I dont believe it and I can't see anyone turning that down in Vancouver.  

Agreed.  The Flyers would love to have OJ, but they would offer up Ghost or Sanheim, not Provorov.  

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

It wasn't a real offer, just an idea from another poster.