The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

7 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

it was probably rental tenants that just packed up and left.  

13 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Thought the article said otherwise, but I guess it was just my assumption. Fair point, thanks.

I think authorities could probably track these jerks down.....even renters should leave some kind of a paper trail.

I guess the question is whether the authorities consider it something worth pursuing.....I'm guessing, probably not.<_<

• Cheers 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

in light of bigger stories like the Coronavirus and blockades, this will seem like a pretty minor story, but it still pisses me off:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/lifestyleanimals/dog-waited-on-the-porch-for-weeks-after-his-family-moved-away/ar-BB1009Hy?li=AAggNb9

What kind of scumbag moves away and just leaves their dog behind? I hope they track these pricks down and charge them with animal cruelty. At the very least, they should be barred from owning pets....:mad:

19 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

it was probably rental tenants that just packed up and left.  

12 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think authorities could probably track these jerks down.....even renters should leave some kind of a paper trail.

I guess the question is whether the authorities consider it something worth pursuing.....I'm guessing, probably not.<_<

What a piss off. I hope they track them down if only to ensure that they never own an animal again. How heartless can you be. 

My big guy was found abandoned in a rental unit in Kamloops. He was on the verge of death, totally emaciated at 105 pounds. He’d resorted to eating drywall. When I adopted him at 150 he was still very thin with his ribs, hips, and spine clearly visible so I can’t imagine what he looked like 45 pounds lighter. 

There’s a special place in hell for people who do this sort of stuff to animals. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Israel is threatening all out war.

The neverending war in Palestine. 

“I’m talking about a war,” he told Israel’s Army Radio station. “I only go to war as a last option, but we have prepared something you can’t even imagine."

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/palestinians-fire-rockets-israel-netanyahu-threatens-war-69173098

Something about Bibi's statement sounds familiar....I just can't put my finger on it....

• Cheers 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/palestinians-fire-rockets-israel-netanyahu-threatens-war-69173098

Something about Bibi's statement sounds familiar....I just can't put my finger on it....

Escalation in the middle east, with a sprinkling of COVID 19 as it makes it way to that region will make for some very sad times. 

44 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The're having another election and Bibi is promising more settlements? I thought he was in criminal trouble? 

I thought the same thing and to be honest I thought he lost the election a while back

41 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

he certainly is a trump nut hugger 

• Cheers 2

On 2/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Yet another example of how broken society is:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-girl-arrested-police-bodycam

Imagine arresting a 6 year-old and deciding that she needs her hands zip tied to boot....

"greatest country in the world".....<_<

What the hell is wrong with people?  The child is SIX!   Unbelievable.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Yet another example of how broken society is:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-girl-arrested-police-bodycam

Imagine arresting a 6 year-old and deciding that she needs her hands zip tied to boot....

"greatest country in the world".....<_<

It’s pretty messed up but she hit three people at 6?

this is why you don’t leave parenting up to

somebody else.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

It’s pretty messed up but she hit three people at 6?

this is why you don’t leave parenting up to

somebody else.

:huh: Have you ever been to a pre-school or daycare?

Kids hit each other all the time. I recall one of my daughter's classmates being sent home, because she bit someone.....but she didn't go home in a police car....

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Kids hit each other all the time. I recall one of my daughter's classmates being sent home, because she bit someone.....but she didn't go home in a police car....

I thought I read she hit adults?

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I don't see what difference that makes....kids have tantrums sometimes....they'll pretty much hit anyone if they're having a meltdown.

But they're kids. Handcuffs and police cars are not necessary....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't see what difference that makes....kids have tantrums sometimes....they'll pretty much hit anyone if they're having a meltdown.

But they're kids. Handcuffs and police cars are not necessary....

Yeah, I saw this footage earlier. The cop bragged about her being his 6000th arrest in his career.

Big man. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I saw this footage earlier. The cop bragged about her being his 6000th arrest in his career.

Big man. 

He was also going on about how 6 years old was a "new record" for his youngest arrest...<_<

Pretty sure he got fired, but there was also a report that he was acting under orders. I believe some soul searching is in order for that particular police department....as well as a public apology for the treatment of this child.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That didn’t happen here though.

im not suggesting the police involvement is warranted in any way.

but at 6 there is a difference between a tantrum and total lack of respect for anyone.  Tantrums are for toddlers. A 6 year old is not a toddler.

as a big an issue as the wrong doing by the police so is the total failure on behalf of the parents for allowing this child to behave in such away that she thinks it’s ok to hit anyone including adults because she didn’t get her way.

is this the start of her hatred for police/authority or a wake up call for those who look after her?

i have a six year old girl right now and on my fathers grave she hasn’t even hit a single person of any age anywhere at any time.

kids have zero respect for adults and authority or even older kids today.

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

That didn’t happen here though.

im not suggesting the police involvement is warranted in any way.

but at 6 there is a difference between a tantrum and total lack of respect for anyone.  Tantrums are for toddlers. A 6 year old is not a toddler.

as a big an issue as the wrong doing by the police so is the total failure on behalf of the parents for allowing this child to behave in such away that she thinks it’s ok to hit anyone including adults because she didn’t get her way.

is this the start of her hatred for police/authority or a wake up call for those who look after her?

i have a six year old girl right now and on my fathers grave she hasn’t even hit a single person of any age anywhere at any time.

kids have zero respect for adults and authority or even older kids today.

She’s six!  :lol:  Her grandmother should have been called to take her home.  

53 minutes ago, riffraff said:

She is six.  It’s insane that Florida arrests six year old children.  Seriously, how is that even possible?  I mean this kid is six.  I really don’t care what she did.  She’s six.  She goes into state care, like a hospital or such, but that’s it.  How about the police officer gives the kid a safe ride home to her grandmother?  Let the kid sit up front and enjoy the ride.  She’s six!  This is nuts.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

She’s six!  :lol:  Her grandmother should have been called to take her home.  

Reminds me I had so much winding up my cousin around that age. He would get mad and hit me, and I would just laugh to egg him on. Then he would really wind up and go at it and I would only laugh harder. Then he would cry and run to his mom. :lol:

• Huggy Bear 1