Sign in to follow this  

On 7/9/2019 at 2:33 PM, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Good depth signing but despite getting the same terms as Rafferty, Teves has a tougher path to the NHL since he's an LD behind Juolevi, Sautner, and Brisebois, at least as of now. 

His play will determine who he is behind, and right now he is outplaying all of them defensively.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

His play will determine who he is behind, and right now he is outplaying all of them defensively.

Good to hear, I haven't been able to follow Utica well enough to know.  Sautner did get the latest callup though...  Long term, with Rathbone in the mix, he's still in tough, but yeah, we'll see.

Josh Teves got assigned to the ECHL (alongside Mitch Eliot). Not great for the 25 year old prospect. He does have 2 points in 2 games in ECHL action this year but he's still a -1. Not looking great for Teves.

Edited by Quantum

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Josh Teves got assigned to the ECHL (alongside Mitch Eliot). Not great for the 25 year old prospect. He does have 2 points in 2 games in ECHL action this year but he's still a -1. Not looking great for Teves.

ouch. I'd guess this is the last time we see either of these two. 

• Burr 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

ouch. I'd guess this is the last time we see either of these two. 

I like Mitch Eliot. He's 22 and he's played okay in his rookie professional season. Eliot's young enough that he could land a full time spot on the defense next year in Utica. Teves is more disappointing given his age. Both are under contract for next year so it'll be interesting to see what happens to them. If they can't turn it around, I can see either one of them being thrown in as "sweeteners" in a deal this summer or next season.

I guess all undrafted defensive signings can't turn into Tanev's/Stecher's/Rafferty's hahaha.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Quantum said:

I like Mitch Eliot. He's 22 and he's played okay in his rookie professional season. Eliot's young enough that he could land a full time spot on the defense next year in Utica. Teves is more disappointing given his age. Both are under contract for next year so it'll be interesting to see what happens to them. If they can't turn it around, I can see either one of them being thrown in as "sweeteners" in a deal this summer or next season.

I guess all undrafted defensive signings can't turn into Tanev's/Stecher's/Rafferty's hahaha.

Newsflash: These guys don't have positive value. They won't sweeten anything, in fact, the price will go up to take on an additional contract.

17 hours ago, D-Money said:

Newsflash: These guys don't have positive value. They won't sweeten anything, in fact, the price will go up to take on an additional contract.

When I say Sweetener, I mean as a "contract match". Sort of like what happened with Alex Biega for David Pope this season or, back in the day, when Steven Anthony was thrown into the Luongo for Marky and Shawn Matthias deal.

47 minutes ago, Quantum said:

When I say Sweetener, I mean as a "contract match". Sort of like what happened with Alex Biega for David Pope this season or, back in the day, when Steven Anthony was thrown into the Luongo for Marky and Shawn Matthias deal.

"Sweetener" means you're adding something of actual value to get someone to accept a trade of something else. What you're describing is just dumping contracts.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:37 PM, Quantum said:

Teves was playing very well till he got hurt and struggled since he came back from injury. 

• Upvote 1