The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Josh Teves | D

GoldenAlien

Thanks to the OP for putting some information together about Teves.

I remember his existence from Development Camp, but I know nothing about him. After reading a few things (including PITB) it seems that he is an offensive puck-moving D-man. He is on the small side at 6 feet and apparently about 180 lbs (although sources vary). His numbers overall compare favorably with Stecher and Hutton, although his numbers were a lot better last year than this year. Part of that was because Princeton had a very good team last year and a very bad team this year.

The Canucks are not signing him with the idea that he will be a career AHL player. They obviously think he has a chance to be good in the NHL. He is actually a bit like Quinn Hughes in his profile (and he also shoots left).

Obviously he is a longshot but this is Judd Brackett's portfolio and Brackett has a great track record. If Brackett likes him then I am at least curious.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Thanks to the OP for putting some information together about Teves.

I remember his existence from Development Camp, but I know nothing about him. After reading a few things (including PITB) it seems that he is an offensive puck-moving D-man. He is on the small side at 6 feet and apparently about 180 lbs (although sources vary). His numbers overall compare favorably with Stecher and Hutton, although his numbers were a lot better last year than this year. Part of that was because Princeton had a very good team last year and a very bad team this year.

The Canucks are not signing him with the idea that he will be a career AHL player. They obviously think he has a chance to be good in the NHL. He is actually a bit like Quinn Hughes in his profile (and he also shoots left).

Obviously he is a longshot but this is Judd Brackett's portfolio and Brackett has a great track record. If Brackett likes him then I am at least curious.

I also remember him from the development camp. I actually thought he looked really good out there, even though he was one of the oldest players in that camp and playing against guys 3-5 years younger than him. Still glad we snagged him.

1 minute ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

the tank is on?

True enough.  This guy is not a kid, who will get physically more mature.  He’s 24!  What we see now, is what he is.  Sure, he will adapt and learn, but he’s at his physical peak right now.  Play the guy, and then dump him.  I’m not at all hopeful this guy is going to be a player.  Seriously, he’s 24!  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True enough.  This guy is not a kid, who will get physically more mature.  He’s 24!  What we see now, is what he is.  Sure, he will adapt and learn, but he’s at his physical peak right now.  Play the guy, and then dump him.  I’m not at all hopeful this guy is going to be a player.  Seriously, he’s 24!  

You can’t be serious for crying out loud????

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Lay off the drinking.

He’s taller than Bobby Orr Alf......And he’s a better skater than Quinn Hughes.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have to disagree with you here Alf. He may be 24 but he's a late bloomer who's seen massive progression in his last few years. Your right about him being probably as physically mature as he will get but he has the chance to add some real value to our AHL club and be a very good injury call-up next year.

If the Canucks cant get Edler on a two year deal then I feel like they may let him walk. Unless they plan to trade Hutton they have a lot of young LD players that are going to need/ be looking for spots in the next couple years. Hutton and Hughes will play in our top 6 next year and then Juolevi, Sautner, Brisebois, Teves and Rathbone could be earning spots in the next couple years.

I am not getting excited about the signing Of Teves 6'0, 24 - GP 30 - 20 PT---- Lets see we have him signed until season ends, plays few games with Vancouver and Utica...We have enough small D man so will be interesting to see how this works out ..We will know soon enough.

Edited by wildcam