Brett Howden

Mikhail Sergachev  Mattias Ekholm uRXcS4v.jpg 

Erik Brannstrom  Josh Manson

Caleb Jones  Nathan Beaulieu

Brendan Guhle

Mike Smith

Ryan Miller

--

As it stands, this is how our lineup looks. Still looking for another top 4 defensemen, with some good pieces to package up for one (Koivula/Formenton/Howden/Aho/Steen/Ginning/1st).

On 7/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, Tylez said:

Signing.jpg.8559e2d74b73ef5f932f7ab461050b89.jpg

The STL.png.7edace844d57576bef5323f118382b70.png @lethunder have signed

Robert Bortuzzo - 2 years x 2M (1M AAV)

Tim Heed - 2 years x 1.8M (0.900M AAV)

Apologies about this, But I made a boo boo. Robert Bortuzzo was re-signed by his former team before FA and I just noticed it now. Therefor this signing is voided. My apologies

Edited by Tylez

Ottawa Senators

Petterssen-Hischier-?????

Steen-Strome-Donskoi

Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Sobotka-Andersson-?????

Notables competing for F spots:

Tippett, Tolvanen, Ho-Sang, Heponiemi

Dahlin-Stralman

Petterssen-Bogosian

Kulikov-Gunnarsson

Pateryn

Notables competing for D spots:

Juolevi, Dobson, Boquist, Allard, Wilde

Hart 

Lundquist

On the block:

F - Steen (NTC), Martin, Clutterbuck, Sobotka

D - Bogosian, Kulikov (NTC), Pateryn

G - Scott Darling (NTC)

*Ottawa is looking to possibly add a young top line RW, a young top 6 LW, and will also consider a prospect swap including one of our defensemen for a prospect center or right winger of similar pedigree. Given our depth at center, we could look to move a center from our NHL group for the right return. Prospects and picks are always welcome as well as we continue to build our young core group.

Belleville Senators

Tolvanen-Heponiemi-Tippett

Robertson-Hawryluk-Looke

Mascherin-Smith

Boquist-Dobson

Juolevi-Allard

McIsaac-Wilde

Bayreuther-Lindstrom

Darling

Oettinger

Overall we feel that our prospect depth is top notch and, combined with a few of our strategic free agent signings and addition of 2 vets by trade, we expect competition for roster spots at training camp to be intense. 

We are always willing to look at options and still have some cap to play with even once our 23 man roster is filled out. So feel free to call with any trade ideas.

13 minutes ago, Habs4Life said:

Montreal is interested in looking at some trades to improve our team. If interested, let me know.

Team looking to improve roster! More at 11.

• Haha 3

Announcement: 

Looks as though we will be going ahead and setting up the handness for Dmen. Had an overwhelming response to do so! As for the ELC slide, we will go with it. I will put the wording in the CBA and set up a date for when ELC's have to be submitted. Now with that said, ELC slides can be submitted before the date that is set. 

35 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Signing.jpg.6be965a9179620ea56a085c557502f38.jpg

The ANA.png.e6ab902d0707b7bf6201bac7a95120c7.png @Kobayashi Maru have signed: 

Valtteri Filppula: 1 year x 1.65M

Michael Del Zotto: 1 year x 0.750M

We are happy to bring Valtteri and Michael into the mix for the 2019/2020 season.  They are both established veterans that can provide an offensive boost.  Valterri will have the opportunity for a top 9 C position and Michael will have the opportunity to make the big club this year.  We know they are both seasoned veterans that will be key depth for the Ducks this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, Habs4Life said:

Montreal is interested in looking at some trades to improve our team. If interested, let me know.

Well the Desert Dogs are quietly shopping Jordan Staal around, and i should tweet that we can retain a little. Also Derek Ryan. 

On 7/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, Tylez said:

Signing.jpg.0c277c98e6f97f49194ac8ec67f2f3a2.jpg

The CBJ.png.3789601f957732328c3c2060de7f4335.png @Tylez have signed the following: 

David Rittich - 5 years x 22.5M (4.5M AAV)

Joakim Nygard - 3 years x 5.85M (1.95M AAV)

Ben Lovejoy - 1 year x 1.5M

OFFERSHEETS

Yanni Gourde - 4 years x 19.4M (4.85M AAV) - Deal Includes a LNTC (Player submits 12 team list he will accept trade to)

David Kampf - 1 year x 0.999M

@Sergei Bobrovsky has 1 week to match both offers or take a 2020 1st, and 2020 3rd for Gourde, and no compensation for Kampf

The NYI.png.10d482f140627ff748257845dc71a121.png have not matched the 2 offersheets, therefore the CBJ.png.ce4050b416a35384b3b07b9d54f8b463.png surrender their 2020 1st and 3rd and have officially signed Yanni Gourde and David Kampf

• Upvote 1

With our recent signings we have an abundance of NHL quality forwards. If anyone is looking or needing a forwards, the following are on the block

Victor Rask

Alexander Wennberg

Tyler Motte

Blake Comeau

Mirco Mueller

James Reimer

Looking to also add a dman or two as we are sitting with some players who are bubble players atm! 

Winnipeg Jets post FA update

Alex Debrincat - Nick Foligno - Jakub Voracek

Blake Coleman - Adrian Kempe - Andrew Shaw

Marcus Johansson - Ivan Barbashev - Artturi Lehkonen

Kyle Brodziak - Jack Roslovic - Sam Steel

Zach Werenski - Torey Krug

Ron Hainsey - Troy Stecher

Ben Hutton - Dion Phaneuf (:unsure:)

Cam Talbot

Thatcher Demko

Other players maybe that'll play?

Patrick Newell

Joe Veleno

Michael McLeod

Timothy Liljegren

Not great :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, inane said:

Joe Veleno

My impression of Joe from the WJC games that I saw him play in live: he has couched his over the top offensive skill set and therefore his production somewhat in order to really do the 100% commit level to being a two way player. He never tickled the twine as often as I figured a guy like him would. He was an Exceptional Player Status exemption guy in the Q when he was drafted a year ahead of his time, I think everyone knows that already but if not, pretty elite company in that category in the CHL coast to coast to coast. What I loved about his game was that every stride on the ice during a shift had reason and purpose and 100% attention to detail. 

I am saying this guys floor in the NHL is a long career lunch bucket work a day reliable two way threat with 100% defensive confidence. That is the worst he will ever be in the NHL as far as I can see. His ceiling is leaps and bounds higher. I am going to go pull his stats as I think they will show exactly what I am talking about. 

2013-14 3.png Lac St-Louis Lions Bantam AAA QBAAA 27 18 18 36 22   | Playoffs 3 1 1 2 4  
2014-15 3.png Lac St-Louis Lions QMAAA 41 16 36 52 57 5 | Playoffs 12 2 2 4 12 3
2015-16 3.png Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 62 13 30 43 21 7 | Playoffs 17 6 1 7 8 -10
  31.png Canada Black U17 WHC-17 5 1 3 4 6   |              
2016-17 3.png Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 45 13 27 40 18 8 | Playoffs 18 8 3 11 4 14
2017-18 3.png Saint John Sea Dogs “C” QMJHL 31 6 25 31 26 -10 |              
  3.png Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL 33 16 32 48 22 14 | Playoffs 10 5 6 11 10 -1
  31.png Canada U18 WJC-18 4 0 3 3 0 3 |              
2018-19 3.png Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL 59 42 62 104 19 63 | Playoffs 16 8 9 17 12 7
  31.png Canada U20 WJC-20 5 0 2 2 0 2 |              
2019-20 6.png Grand Rapids Griffins AHL - - - - -   |            

sorry for the large size. Yeah, you can see his plus minus last year in Drummondville was 63!!!! that is not a typo. Mind you he also potted 42 goals which i didn't recall haha it was a top end year for sure, but notice in his other years very responsible kid if you discount his final Sea Dogs season where he was literally the only hockey player left on a club that aged out mostly between seasons. Even there he probably learned that he had to be defensively responsible as the only good player on a generally entry level young Q team. 

Anyways, I have gone on at length about your player, no I am not interested in acquiring him, but its the offseason and I put a lot of time into watching his career up to this point. He was certainly the most defensive forward in our tournament at the WJC's. I kind of wish his role was pure offense for the last couple games though...hrm...but Finland, right? YEAH! 

EDIT: just saw as i was closing his stats page that in fact Detroit drafted him. He is exactly there kind of player. He is going to be around a long long time, but unlike most detroit youth, he may hit the NHL faster as they retool and figure out the next dynastic approach, lol

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

So the Panthers from, literally from Nov 1st did not budge from 25th spot? Not once did we drop in the turtle derby, nor gain a spot. So some changes, deadline to now!

Outgoing Reilly Smith, Ryan Johansen, Justin Williams. Three out, now Larkin, Pavelski & Bonino into their top 9 roles. But we also received a lot of futures and cap space. No D out, add Zdeno Chara, Kris Russel then Jake Bean as first call up, 3 other D Ty Smith, Jesper Sellgren, Steven Santini also knocking on the door.  We further added a, guess what after 5 F points last year, a backup goalie?

We could have as many as 5 extra bodies in routine roles. 3 forwards, 4 D and 2 goalies looking to crack rosters, so some depth! As we are also not starting with Bishop, Andrew Ladd, Christian Djoos or Paul Stastny, each who missed some, to much of last year on IR.  How does it look?

We now have ten players ranked by NHL.com as top 250 in the NHL; Bishop, Larkin, Jones, Pavelski, Barzal, Eberle, Stastny, Dunn, Sanheim & Jesper Bratt;

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-top-250-rankings-players-2019-20/c-281505474?tid=277729150   

Between the extra depth, a little more firepower with Pavelski & Larkin, and goaltending, we hope & believe we will be on, or about the play off threshold.  :towel:  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e5sEQfJ_DRZGKQTVfv6nxR8N1_IVNfWKOR2fsWtgpr0/edit#gid=1629794221

• Thanks 1