The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apple is Shutting Down iTunes Next Week

Pears

On 5/31/2019 at 2:14 PM, Fanuck said:

Don't care. 

Never used the service.

Don't own a single Apple product, likely never will. 

I use Mac and its better than Windows and other OS out there. Safer, more intuitive and I don't get the blue screen of death. Also I own the iPad because they make the best tablets compared to android. I have an Android phone because Androids are really best for smartphones and has more apps, and more customizable. I used to own Windows laptops and computers but got tired of spending money on them, fixing them, spending hours maintaining them, and eventually replacing them in short order. I own a Mac mini from 2013 and still going strong and still surprisingly as fast as the first day. 

On 6/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, trek said:

Current Macbooks have the worst keyboard of any laptop I have ever used. I'll stick with my X1 Carbon thanks.

True, but in terms of software, i would never go back to Windows, ever even if I like the X1 Carbon hardware. Put a Windows OS on it and it just ruins it. My Mac mini nearing 7 years and still fast with no issues in terms of hardware or software. In that time span compared to PC I owned before, I would have replaced the PC twice because of faulty power supply that destroyed the motherboard, Viruses and malwares and also replaced a Windows laptop twice because of overheating. Prices paid for all 4 was $2900. Now I have just a Mac mini and iPad. Prices I paid for both was $1300. 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:52 PM, The Lock said:

You mean like what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10?

I guess everyone should just move to Linux due to privacy issues. lol

I laugh at people complaining about privacy issues. Once you are on the internet, nothing is really private. I really don't care about it because everyone is exposed so my data isn't really that special compared to the billions of other people. If you want privacy, better to shut off everything and move off grid, that way no one would even know if you exist.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

I laugh at people complaining about privacy issues. Once you are on the internet, nothing is really private. I really don't care about it because everyone is exposed so my data isn't really that special compared to the billions of other people. If you want privacy, better to shut off everything and move off grid, that way no one would even know if you exist.

There are ways to mitigate those kinds of issues, although you have to be somewhat tech saavy to even know about them.

On the flip side, anyone with a credit card has already had their privacy removed. They don't even need a computer!

On 6/5/2019 at 9:47 PM, DefCon1 said:

I use Mac and its better than Windows and other OS out there. Safer, more intuitive and I don't get the blue screen of death. Also I own the iPad because they make the best tablets compared to android. I have an Android phone because Androids are really best for smartphones and has more apps, and more customizable. I used to own Windows laptops and computers but got tired of spending money on them, fixing them, spending hours maintaining them, and eventually replacing them in short order. I own a Mac mini from 2013 and still going strong and still surprisingly as fast as the first day. 

If you've owned an Android phone, there's no reason why you should claim an iPad is more superior than an Android tablet. Sure, performance wise and longevity, the iPad may outlast and outperform a Samsung tablet 5 years from now, but the iPad is just as restricted as the iPhone. You're only allowed to download apps from the App store. You can't really customize how your tablet looks and you're stuck with the bland vanilla iPad design. You're restricted with the amount of storage on your iPad as there is no microSD slot. The only difference between an Android tablet and an iPad is basically user preference. Both offer great features and both have their negatives. It comes down to what you're REALLY using the tablet for.

As a side note, I have (and am currently using it as I type) a MacBook Pro 13 inch from early 2011 and it's still going strong to this day. Not as fast as it used to be initially but it's only a few seconds delay on loading up applications and the Finder window. It's a shame that when Steve Jobs passed away, the intuitiveness and creativity that was Apple also died with it and started a downward trend despite what the sales and profits show.

22 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

If you've owned an Android phone, there's no reason why you should claim an iPad is more superior than an Android tablet. Sure, performance wise and longevity, the iPad may outlast and outperform a Samsung tablet 5 years from now, but the iPad is just as restricted as the iPhone. You're only allowed to download apps from the App store. You can't really customize how your tablet looks and you're stuck with the bland vanilla iPad design. You're restricted with the amount of storage on your iPad as there is no microSD slot. The only difference between an Android tablet and an iPad is basically user preference. Both offer great features and both have their negatives. It comes down to what you're REALLY using the tablet for.

As a side note, I have (and am currently using it as I type) a MacBook Pro 13 inch from early 2011 and it's still going strong to this day. Not as fast as it used to be initially but it's only a few seconds delay on loading up applications and the Finder window. It's a shame that when Steve Jobs passed away, the intuitiveness and creativity that was Apple also died with it and started a downward trend despite what the sales and profits show.

So if the comsumer prefers performance and longevity over the app store and how pretty their tablet looks, go Apple?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, prix57 said:

How are users going to manage their music library and playlists? 

Depends if you use WIndows  or MacOS.   If using a PC, iTunes still available to manage music.

With macOS 10.15 Catalina, the primary functions of iTunes will be spun out into separate Music, TV, and Podcasts apps, bringing an end to the program’s two decades of dominance within the Apple software and hardware ecosystem. Syncing your devices will now be handled by the Finder application, which can backup, update, or restore your device directly from its sidebar. (Though it’ll be gone on the Mac, iTunes will reportedly survive on Windows for the time being.)