The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

Humerous little sidenote:

When Dyson Stevenson was acquired, Cull said "we already have a Steven's (John) so to avoid confusion, what should we call you?"

His answer "just call me nailgun" (google Dyson Nailgun for the context)

So after a questionable hit on a Comet, comment was " and Jasek feathers it into the corner so that Nailgun can staple the Charlotte player to the boards"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Humerous little sidenote:

When Dyson Stevenson was acquired, Cull said "we already have a Steven's (John) so to avoid confusion, what should we call you?"

His answer "just call me nailgun" (google Dyson Nailgun for the context)

So after a questionable hit on a Comet, comment was " and Jasek feathers it into the corner so that Nailgun can staple the Charlotte player to the boards"

There's a pun which nails it!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I heard he looked solid(pbp guy). JB gets slagged so much. All 3 College FA's he nabbed last Spring contributed to this W:

Rafferty

Kielly

Teves

That's like scoring 3 draft picks, gratis! Price is RIGHT!

All the whining I've heard about how he's lost picks in various deals. Some like excessive WHIIIINE, when they could just stick a cork in it!

What would have been those three guys’ draft years?  2013, 14 about?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

What would have been those three guys’ draft years?  2013, 14 about?  

Which is also nice. Let the Uni's develop them kids. Keep 50 contract slots available. Then sign 'em in 2019 when they're much closer to contributing!

Also Alfer, you prob know how tough it is to get a good read on 18 yo D-men.

• Like 1

Can any Utica fans give a knowledgeable assessment of Brogan Rafferty's play in the Defensive zone!? How does he handle himself with players along the boards or in front of the net? Any kind of "snarl" to his game by chance?

No hockey for the Canucks tonight but the Comets play tonight at 4pm PST in the next installment of the Galaxy Cup against the Crunch.  Game is on AHLTV or listen to the radio on the interweb.  Station is KRock.  :towel:Comets :towel:

• Cheers 1