The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Miller be our top line JT Oshie?

Rate this topic

Bovechkin

The media sure loves to talk about what a great year Neal is having in EDM or the positive effect Lucic is having in CGY, but what about J.T. Miller? Maybe he'll eventually get the respect he deserves from the media, but I also kind of like being considered the underdog. No one expects the Canucks to do much this year, some think playoffs is a fantasy, which is fine by me. I think Miller has a career year for goals and points. His best was 22 goals and 56 points in 2016/17. I think he'll smash that.  

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Funny thing is that people have always called miller a 40 to 50 point guy.  I decided to take a look at his stats recently.  When he was a Ranger he improved every year like Horvat from 43 to 56 to 58 points.  Then because he was underutilized by Tampa his points dropped to 47.  But I totally now expect him to be a 60+ point guy for us and that is not unrealistic in the slightest especially from what I’ve seen from him so far.  JB has had a great offseason in finding pieces like Miller and Myers who were underutilized last year and are now shining in a bigger role.  This is exactly what Vegas did in their expansion draft 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The media sure loves to talk about what a great year Neal is having in EDM or the positive effect Lucic is having in CGY, but what about J.T. Miller? Maybe he'll eventually get the respect he deserves from the media, but I also kind of like being considered the underdog. No one expects the Canucks to do much this year, some think playoffs is a fantasy, which is fine by me. I think Miller has a career year for goals and points. His best was 22 goals and 56 points in 2016/17. I think he'll smash that.  

He actually had 58 points the year after playing on both the Rangers and Lightning.

13 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Wait, isn't TJ the guy everyone said he wasn't worth the asking price paid?  Lmao.. schmucks!

To be fair, TJ Miller is kind of a clown. He's definitely not worth millions every year. However, he was funny in that one movie. 

Virtanen and Juolevi.

I'm not aiming to bash either kid but high draft picks dont always turn out how you hope, and those were high picks.

We could hope the pick we trade turns out as good as Miller has been for us.

Instead speed up the process and we get our player now.

Edit

I still have high hopes for Virt and Juolevi.

Edited by Kosmo Kramer

On 10/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, Rindiculous said:

Funny thing is that people have always called miller a 40 to 50 point guy.  I decided to take a look at his stats recently.  When he was a Ranger he improved every year like Horvat from 43 to 56 to 58 points.  Then because he was underutilized by Tampa his points dropped to 47.  But I totally now expect him to be a 60+ point guy for us and that is not unrealistic in the slightest especially from what I’ve seen from him so far.  JB has had a great offseason in finding pieces like Miller and Myers who were underutilized last year and are now shining in a bigger role.  This is exactly what Vegas did in their expansion draft 

A fair number of fantasy mags also picked up on this and a few had him in the mid sixties this year....he’s good for fifty points - but no he’s not a 40-50 point guy the way he plays.   Other fans in our division weren’t happy about what the Canucks did this off season, we are just starting to show why that is.  McDavid over in EDM looks to be having his Hart/Art Ross first team all-star HHOF season and could push themselves into the playoffs - but Vancouver is also showing some very good early signs all their activity is going to pay big dividends....could be a power swing in the West this year...