Sign in to follow this  
RowdyCanuck

What you smoking?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Okay since pot is legal and there's all different kinds , I figured start a thread about it( kinda like the whiskey thread)

So what new stuff have you smoked? 

Was it good? Did you like it? 

would you recommend any types?

 

in theory hopefully this thread help posters stay away from crappy stuff and go straight for the good stuff and try stuff they never would have thought of before....

so puff puff pass

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Best stuff so far for me is subway scientist for inidca and stavia houndstooth, but I still love kush , pink and blueberry. 

Worst stuff nebula flower....not a big fan of Hexo , I haven't like any of that companies stuff so far. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Crack

I didn't think that was legal yet but who knows with our PM....

well was it good? Lol never smoked that before ha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Blue and Green.

 

Read into that what you will.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Blue and Green.

 

Read into that what you will.

So your riding high cause the Canucks won?....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Blue and Green.

 

Read into that what you will.

AJ you know that could be consider trolling cause your in a pot thread and your post doesn't really add anything to the conversation or on topic....only way it wouldnt be trolling is if your actually smoking something blue and green?( okay every body where is loui....:shock:)

bad mod you are......:bigblush:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have MS and use a strain called Death Buba.  It really helps with spasms and helps with sleep as well.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, dpn1 said:

I have MS and use a strain called Death Buba.  It really helps with spasms and helps with sleep as well.

I'll have to try that. Have you tired any of oils?

I knew of a young boy in Edmonton with MS and his mom would burn oils and she said the same thing. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post

I still sniff airplane glue when I can find it for stress relief. :/

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, 6string said:

I still sniff airplane glue when I can find it for stress relief. :/

What brand do you like the more? And if you like getting high off fumes then try an outhouse.....

also maybe smoke some pot before that , might save some brains cells just like when you drink....lol

edit* I didn't mean to point that last part right at you but it's been proven if you smoke pot before drinking it saves brain cells

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, nobody's said salmon yet? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wait, nobody's said salmon yet? 

Sum beach really !!!  Lol you too I already have one poster smoking crack and got a mod high off the Canucks win and now smoked salmon....:picard:

what about smoked jerky?... 

Atleast @dpn1 didn't troll me. 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Sum beach really !!!  Lol you too I already have one poster smoking crack and got a mod high off the Canucks win and now smoked salmon....:picard:

what about smoked jerky?... 

Atleast @dpn1 didn't troll me. 

 

 

Honestly, jerky would be fantastic

 

Problem is it's always stupid expensive and I refuse to pay up

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, jerky would be fantastic

 

Problem is it's always stupid expensive and I refuse to pay up

I agree but that's why I make my own. Cost you wood chips if you use a smoker and spices and I hunt so my meat costs me a tag and a bullet or if I use my bow Saves me a lil more ha but you can find deals on good beef at times. 

also if you don't have a smoker, the oven if you jar the door open a bit works good too. 

dumb question do you even smoke pot?....

Share this post


Link to post

I grew 2 plants this year, just cuz its legal. Some kind of fat squat indica, determinate on light (not autoflower).

 

Spoiler

Pictire was taken maybe 4 days before I killed em.

 

I flushed starved them (no added nutrients) for the last 10 days or so.

 

Gets rid of most of the sugar in the plant.

 

o827kmF.jpg

 

Played around with training and splitting a little, got around 12 tops on one and it was like 5 feet tall.

 

8 tops on the clone, and each was around 3.5feet tall or so.

 

Started to flower Aug 25. Killed 'em Oct 31.

 

I trimmed it and put the flowers, and the sugar leaf trim into trays on a stacked food dehydrator immediately.

 

After 2 days at the lowest setting, even the biggest colas felt crispy to the touch, but, the stems were still slightly soft.

 

I put them in 2kg peanut butter jars, with a gasket in each, because you want air tight, and I cured the flowers for 6 weeks.

 

Burped the jars 3x a day for a week. Smelled green, and hayish.

 

No mold, the flowers turned nice and sticky after a few weeks.

 

After 6 weeks they smelled like pineapple cotton candy.

 

So I tossed them back into the dehydrator and I crisped them up for another day. (read below)

 

When they were nice and dry, I chopped them up nice and fine with a puck grinder.

 

I baked it all off (no pun heh), and it's in the freezer now .

 

Baking it is a process chemical process called decarboxylation (knocks off a CO2) .

 

Changes the form from an inert one, to one that is psychoactive through digestion.

 

I like to eat it with a high fat meal, as this is the mechanism you use to deliver it from food to your blood, via the fat absorption pathway.

 

Decarb Recipe:


 

Spoiler

 

Cut your flower or trim up like you are going to roll it up. Nice and small.

 

*important* Flower should be dry, you don't want moisture, otherwise you are just steaming it. (read below) **

 

Preheat an oven to 240F with a baking sheet or baking dish inside.

Cover the whole bottom in about 1cm of loosely sprinkled, chopped flower or trim.

 

**Cover with tinfoil. This is why you want no water in the product. You don't want steam.

 

We are decarbing the terpenes as well, and making them part of the cocktail.


Terpenes are volatile (will evaporate if you leave it open), but they will condense inside and stick around if you use foil.


Terpenes are part of what make strains strains, and research is showing that they are important as part of an entourage effect of cannabinoid delivery.

 

Anyways!

 

Bake for 40mins covered.

 

After 40mins It should look golden and slightly toasted looking, but not burnt, and not green.

 

Barcelona-Catalonia-Spain-198-of-1-2.jpg

 

 

The edible effect is different than smoking it.  Once you are fully under the effect, it's the same as say 20mins after smoking it, but it comes one way more slowly, and, it lasts longer. (5-10hrs perhaps depending on dose, and your metabolism).

 

I don't really get paranoid on edibles, even on heroic doses, whereas I've unfortunately had panic attacks after smoking even small amounts.

 

If I want to just barely be able to feel it I eat 100mg of decarbed flower. (Half a tiny pinner in terms of smoking).

 

Equiv of like a dispensaries 15mg edible. (15% flower probably, give or take)

 

If I eat 300mg, it peaks out at what smoking the equivalent small sized joint feels like, only it comes on slower, and lasts longer.

 

420mg of flower is a pretty nice dose. Equiv of a chunky half gram joint.

 

I can only attest to what I've learned experimenting with edibles, but that recipe there is 100% efficient delivery of cannabinoids heheh.

 

I've smoked plenty of pot over the years, but I prefer eating it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, xereau said:

I grew 2 plants this year, just cuz its legal. Some kind of fat squat indica, determinate on light (not autoflower).

 

  Hide contents

Pictire was taken maybe 4 days before I killed em.

 

I flushed starved them (no added nutrients) for the last 10 days or so.

 

Gets rid of most of the sugar in the plant.

 

o827kmF.jpg

 

Played around with training and splitting a little, got around 12 tops on one and it was like 5 feet tall.

 

8 tops on the clone, and each was around 3.5feet tall or so.

 

Started to flower Aug 25. Killed 'em Oct 31.

 

I trimmed it and put the flowers, and the sugar leaf trim into trays on a stacked food dehydrator immediately.

 

After 2 days at the lowest setting, even the biggest colas felt crispy to the touch, but, the stems were still slightly soft.

 

I put them in 2kg peanut butter jars, with a gasket in each, because you want air tight, and I cured the flowers for 6 weeks.

 

Burped the jars 3x a day for a week. Smelled green, and hayish.

 

No mold, the flowers turned nice and sticky after a few weeks.

 

After 6 weeks they smelled like pineapple cotton candy.

 

So I tossed them back into the dehydrator and I crisped them up for another day. (read below)

 

When they were nice and dry, I chopped them up nice and fine with a puck grinder.

 

I baked it all off (no pun heh), and it's in the freezer now .

 

Baking it is a process chemical process called decarboxylation (knocks off a CO2) .

 

Changes the form from an inert one, to one that is psychoactive through digestion.

 

I like to eat it with a high fat meal, as this is the mechanism you use to deliver it from food to your blood, via the fat absorption pathway.

 

Decarb Recipe:


 

  Hide contents

 

Cut your flower or trim up like you are going to roll it up. Nice and small.

 

*important* Flower should be dry, you don't want moisture, otherwise you are just steaming it. (read below) **

 

Preheat an oven to 240F with a baking sheet or baking dish inside.

Cover the whole bottom in about 1cm of loosely sprinkled, chopped flower or trim.

 

**Cover with tinfoil. This is why you want no water in the product. You don't want steam.

 

We are decarbing the terpenes as well, and making them part of the cocktail.


Terpenes are volatile (will evaporate if you leave it open), but they will condense inside and stick around if you use foil.


Terpenes are part of what make strains strains, and research is showing that they are important as part of an entourage effect of cannabinoid delivery.

 

Anyways!

 

Bake for 40mins covered.

 

After 40mins It should look golden and slightly toasted looking, but not burnt, and not green.

 

Barcelona-Catalonia-Spain-198-of-1-2.jpg

 

 

The edible effect is different than smoking it.  Once you are fully under the effect, it's the same as say 20mins after smoking it, but it comes one way more slowly, and, it lasts longer. (5-10hrs perhaps depending on dose, and your metabolism).

 

I don't really get paranoid on edibles, even on heroic doses, whereas I've unfortunately had panic attacks after smoking even small amounts.

 

If I want to just barely be able to feel it I eat 100mg of decarbed flower. (Half a tiny pinner in terms of smoking).

 

Equiv of like a dispensaries 15mg edible. (15% flower probably, give or take)

 

If I eat 300mg, it peaks out at what smoking the equivalent small sized joint feels like, only it comes on slower, and lasts longer.

 

420mg of flower is a pretty nice dose. Equiv of a chunky half gram joint.

 

I can only attest to what I've learned experimenting with edibles, but that recipe there is 100% efficient delivery of cannabinoids heheh.

 

I've smoked plenty of pot over the years, but I prefer eating it.

Woah that's awesome and thx for not trolling and adding a whack load of info. 

 

Damn those look good though, I tried growing but I didn't have the time to take care of them so I stopped ha. Also do you use a growing cabinet/ indoors or outside?

Okay I kinda got a dumb question, I've only tried brownies and cookies and both times I got the body high but can you get a good indica / mind high with a cookie?

cause ive tried using the waste of my indica plants and even made a batch with bud but still only got the body high....

theses are the type of conversations I was hoping for when I started this thread. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Woah that's awesome and thx for not trolling and adding a whack load of info. 

 

Damn those look good though, I tried growing but I didn't have the time to take care of them so I stopped ha. Also do you use a growing cabinet/ indoors or outside?

Okay I kinda got a dumb question, I've only tried brownies and cookies and both times I got the body high but can you get a good indica / mind high with a cookie?

cause ive tried using the waste of my indica plants and even made a batch with bud but still only got the body high....

theses are the type of conversations I was hoping for when I started this thread. 

 

If you don't get the mind part, it's likely that the THC degraded into CBD.

 

I get stoned eating it, feels the same to me in my mind as smoking, just comes on slower.

 

If your bud looks like orange playdough, its like its old flowers, growers maximizing weights etc.


Tradeoff in that, is that the THC naturally decarbs down several levels to CBD while it sits on the plant, so the older the flowers are the more the couch lock you are gonna get.

 

I don't buy into the indica vs sativa thing. That's marketing and wives' tales.

 

It really is more about how far from flowering day it was harvested.

 

If it's any more than 10weeks after, you get those super orange buds, and there's a LOT of cbd in them.

 

But they put on a lot of weight in the last week or 2 of nutrients.

 

It's a trade off.

 

Not a bad thing, just different products.

 

If you are growing it yourself, try harvesting when the trichomes are mostly clear if you want that bright heady high.


Somewhere in the 8-9 week range they will be mostly clear still. You can eek out like another large % weight of product if you go longer, and a lot of growers do.

 

But in my experience, you want young buds to get the headiness from.

 

There's another way you can also eff up your cooked flower.

 

If you go too high on temp when decarbing, you will evaporate the THC and only have CBD left behind, and if you go above like 280F you will even toast that.

 

THC sublimates (solid to gas) at around 255-260F.

 

So you want to keep it under that.

 

240 is a safe amount under, and I've personally had good luck with it. Also I have a good stove that seems to remain constant temp mostly with the convection oven running.


Get a digital stove thermometer, and study how your oven cycles heat, and try to keep it steady 235-240F at the baking surface level, for 40mins.

 

Diminishing returns on conversion after that vs sublimation. (I went total geek mode on researching this stuff this fall heh)


You want it to look like the pic I linked above. Toasted and gold.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, xereau said:

If you don't get the mind part, it's likely that the THC degraded into CBD.

 

I get stoned eating it, feels the same to me in my mind as smoking, just comes on slower.

 

If your bud looks like orange playdough, its like its old flowers, growers maximizing weights etc.


Tradeoff in that, is that the THC naturally decarbs down several levels to CBD while it sits on the plant, so the older the flowers are the more the couch lock you are gonna get.

 

I don't buy into the indica vs sativa thing. That's marketing and wives' tales.

 

It really is more about how far from flowering day it was harvested.

 

If it's any more than 10weeks after, you get those super orange buds, and there's a LOT of cbd in them.

 

But they put on a lot of weight in the last week or 2 of nutrients.

 

It's a trade off.

 

Not a bad thing, just different products.

 

If you are growing it yourself, try harvesting when the trichomes are mostly clear if you want that bright heady high.


Somewhere in the 8-9 week range they will be mostly clear still. You can eek out like another large % weight of product if you go longer, and a lot of growers do.

 

But in my experience, you want young buds to get the headiness from.

 

There's another way you can also eff up your cooked flower.

 

If you go too high on temp when decarbing, you will evaporate the THC and only have CBD left behind, and if you go above like 280F you will even toast that.

 

THC sublimates (solid to gas) at around 255-260F.

 

So you want to keep it under that.

 

240 is a safe amount under, and I've personally had good luck with it. Also I have a good stove that seems to remain constant temp mostly with the convection oven running.


Get a digital stove thermometer, and study how your oven cycles heat, and try to keep it steady 235-240F at the baking surface level, for 40mins.

 

Diminishing returns on conversion after that vs sublimation. (I went total geek mode on researching this stuff this fall heh)


You want it to look like the pic I linked above. Toasted and gold.

Okay that makes sense nows , I get impatient and go for a hoot to speed the process up , rather then wait until it kicks in. 

The way you do it, it makes more sense then the way I was showed ha ( I should have did research rather then listen to acouple of my stoner cousins ha)

Also have you tried making butter with a slow cooker?

im going to have to start growing again to just try that. Lol 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Currently, Bubba Kush, Nuken, Purple White Widow, and Texada Timewarp... all dank as fk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.