The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zack Kassian suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

I recall the definition of charging as quite specific -- taking more than three strides (or maybe it was three or more) towards a player to hit him.

Rules are only effective if enforced properly or if even enforced at all !   

The players should be empowered to solve the rat problem and the League should just focus on improving the game instead of micromanaging it to death.

fuck yea vancouver canucks GIF

Rat Terminator !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

Not even remotely the same play. Someone who can't see the difference also isn't likely to see why the Tkachuk hits were dirty.

The only difference between these plays is the name on the back of the jerseys. 

-unsuspecting player and a blind side hit, check 

-winger leaving his “position” to target a player, check

-zero focus on the puck, check

all the exact same excuses people have been saying the tkachuk hit was dirty, this one fillS all the same criteria,  but here’s a hint. Neither we dirty both were just hockey players in a sport where contact is legal. You homers just don’t like tkachuk and have the glasses on. And then you get mad and cry when DOPS doesn’t agree with you. 

Had this play been ferland doing the exact same thing to Johnny, every single person on this board would claim it was a clean amazing hit. That is just a fact. 

9 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

I recall the definition of charging as quite specific -- taking more than three strides (or maybe it was three or more) towards a player to hit him.

Nope it not that way because what makes a hit dangerous is the speed obtained before making contact. A player backchecking and gliding into a hit at 20mph isn’t less dangerous than another player taking a few strides only reaching 15mph and making a hit. 

17 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

yeah no. Wingers can come down low and take out a player preventing them from walking out in front with the puck. It happens all the time, forwards need to be expecting it. They need to be aware of the players on the ice. That’s hockey.

Yet virtanen does it and you praise him. tkachuk does it and it’s dangerous and needs to leave the sport. 

That’s on a back Check.  Jake is tracking his check from the neutral zone.  That’s his job.  Tkatchuk left his position while the Oilers had possession, and were working down low in the ozone.  If guys ran around like Tkatchuk did the league would go back to the knuckle dragging days of the 70’s, where brawls were the norm.  Players will protect themselves, especially when the DOPS doesn’t.

I thought you played at an elite Level?  

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s on a back Check.  Jake is tracking his check from the neutral zone.  That’s his job.  Tkatchuk left his position while the Oilers had possession, and were working down low in the ozone.

Tkachuk was covering for his center lindholm who was up past the top of the circle on the other side. Had tkachuk not went down to support, kassian would have been open to walk out front of the net. Wingers supporting centers down low is not a new thing. Again that was canucks strategy when burr played with the twins. Wingers leaving there point happens on the time. Nothing is illegal about doing that. 

If guys ran around like Tkatchuk did the league would go back to the knuckle dragging days of the 70’s, where brawls were the norm.  Players will protect themselves, especially when the DOPS doesn’t.

players protect themselves by keeping their head up this is the big boys league, not a skill competition. 

I thought you played at an elite Level?  

Yep and got my bell rung a few times. But guess what, had I had my head up I wouldn’t have put myself into that situation. I’m not going to make an excuse that a hit was dirty when I’m the one who could have prevented it. When your a good player other teams are going to try and run you. they want to get you off your game and second guess yourself when you have the puck. That’s strategic hockey and it’s why we love watching the playoffs where hits like tkachuks are the norm. 

You can’t run around with your head down when you have the puck. When the puck is on your stick you have to expect that you are going to get hit no matter where you are on the ice. Kassian just isn’t used to having players take a run at him. I’ll make sure to raz him about it if I run into him again this summers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Tkachuk was covering for his center lindholm who was up past the top of the circle on the other side. Had tkachuk not went down to support, kassian would have been open to walk out front of the net. Wingers supporting centers down low is not a new thing. Again that was canucks strategy when burr played with the twins. Wingers leaving there point happens on the time. Nothing is illegal about doing that. 

players protect themselves by keeping their head up this is the big boys league, not a skill competition. 

Yep and got my bell rung a few times. But guess what, had I had my head up I wouldn’t have put myself into that situation. I’m not going to make an excuse that a hit was dirty when I’m the one who could have prevented it. When your a good player other teams are going to try and run you. they want to get you off your game and second guess yourself when you have the puck. That’s strategic hockey and it’s why we love watching the playoffs where hits like tkachuks are the norm. 

You can’t run around with your head down when you have the puck. When the puck is on your stick you have to expect that you are going to get hit no matter where you are on the ice. Kassian just isn’t used to having players take a run at him. I’ll make sure to raz him about it if I run into him again this summers. 

Good post FTG.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The only difference between these plays is the name on the back of the jerseys. 

-unsuspecting player and a blind side hit, check 

-winger leaving his “position” to target a player, check

-zero focus on the puck, check

all the exact same excuses people have been saying the tkachuk hit was dirty, this one fillS all the same criteria,  but here’s a hint. Neither we dirty both were just hockey players in a sport where contact is legal. You homers just don’t like tkachuk and have the glasses on. And then you get mad and cry when DOPS doesn’t agree with you. 

Had this play been ferland doing the exact same thing to Johnny, every single person on this board would claim it was a clean amazing hit. That is just a fact. 

You're wrong on every point. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 8:26 AM, CaptKirk888 said:

Thanks Alf. I haven't seen any posts from @oldnews in quite awhile. Hope all is OK. Maybe just got tired of CDC?

Thanks - all is ok - was just time for a break/timeout.  Was inclined to make it permanent until I read the V for Virtanen thread.....

But regarding Zack - what a beauty.   Love seeing him revive his career - and get his life on track - even if it's as a Coiler.

Tkachuk was practically begging for this.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Kassian should won the Masterson for exposing Tkachuk as the gutless  coward we all  know he is.  This could have been the wake-up call he needed to stop being a complete disgrace to the sport, but I guess that's an unreasonable expectation given his obvious character issues 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, oldnews said:

Thanks - all is ok - was just time for a break/timeout.  Was inclined to make it permanent until I read the V for Virtanen thread.....

But regarding Zack - what a beauty.   Love seeing him revive his career - and get his life on track - even if it's as a Coiler.

Tkachuk was practically begging for this.

F63E583E-1F7A-480C-B03B-25B6D3C1D981.gif