The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, LowerMainLander18 said:

And who knows what he has actually been saying in the dressing room this season? 

And what did u understand from his rant after the Boston game? 

I would never be so confident about something that I dont know well at all. 

Heh, if our club can't protest Petey........    then we have real issues..

If TG can't create stable safe spot for Petey ... then TG needs to go. Simple. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

People who say this stuff annoy me. 

They are the "as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters!" people. 

These losses add up. And that's not the only point. Teams like this are teams we will face in the playoffs.  We need to build and prepare for these games or we get swept. Understand that it's not just a loss... it's a foreshadow of what's to come. If we do not make an impact now, we will not be a team to be reckoned with...just a stepping stone.

Its not about how many games left... its about getting better against real teams. 

Sure, you obviously, missed what my point is.  Just as you stated (paraphrasing), to get better they have to play the games; this is the first year this team (both players and staff) are playing meaningful games this late in the season.  Unless, you are a pshycic, all your doing is projecting and (with hindsight) pointing out the flaws (I see them do - the lack of bite).  Everyteam has there flaws and every team experiences there ups/downs. 

My point:  pro sports is about adjustments, the last winning streak gave them some room and for this core to continue to get better they have to go through stretches of winning/losing - adversity.  Imo, it matters more how they come out as a group (both players and coaches) from stretches like these (the last losing streak, rocketed them to the top of a very competitive Pacific ,but who knows where they come out after this).  Also, I hope they still get into the playoffs and play a very tough team cause that experience should only strengthen the core/team moving forward and if not, then JB - should - have a very busy offseason.  I want to see the character of this team (especially, the core players and leaders). 

I do agree, that there is no room for, 'participation trophy' in competitive pro sports.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

No.. we were winning when it was Miller - EP40 - Virtanen. Not sure why you have a blind hate for Virtanen on the first line and a blind love for Brock (i hope he isn't out long). Virtanen was scoring at a point per game pace on that line. Brock was scoring at the same pace on the first line as he was on the 3rd. When the virtanen - ep40 - miller line got broken up the team started to lose. I am not saying that is the reason we were losing but those two things coincided.

your wrong I like Jake, but I still feel he belongs on the third line, as for Boeser  sure I like him as a player, but I also like Petey, Miller, and a few others.  but it gets a little old blaming Boeser every game for his faults, sorry I guess I just stick up for the underdog.  my bad!!!

• Wat 3

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't see this as a Green problem. There's only so much a coach can do. I think he communicates well and has done a good job with individual players.

There are things that can be done better, starting with the PP. This PP could be the difference between making or missing playoffs. 

They can fire him then they’ll hate the next guy just the same

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 6string said:

You realize Ferland may be in question for the balance of the season - right?

Trading deadline is coming quick, you may wanna look at both McEwen and Bailey before that. Otherwise send em back to Uitca.

BTW imagine the horror Benning felt seeing Miller chucking his precious knuckles!

Like I have been posting, we are missing pieces. JB should be making calls. 

I wanted Big Mac to play tonight but I was not against having him sit neither. 

As u said tonight was divisional game with potential 4 point upswing. 

I wasn't against sitting Big Mac and Bailey tonight. I dont support it but I understand why it had been done. 

Next game tho, I will expect some shuffle. Not by choice as Boes is out anyways. Maybe EP40 too. 

1 minute ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I wasn't against sitting Big Mac and Bailey tonight. I dont support it but I understand why it had been done. 

Next game tho, I will expect some shuffle. Not by choice as Boes is out anyways. Maybe EP40 too. 

Hopefully Travis Green sits out next game.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, 6string said:

As we get near trading deadline it would be nice to get an evaluation of McEwen and Bailey in that area if Ferland can not go to his regular self.

Yeah for sure. I guess with Boeser out the most logical player would be Bailey?

I like Mac if he can figure out the defensive side of the game. I’d love to keep him in the bottom 6. He’s been pretty sheltered anytime he’s played 

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

They lost 2 games with virtanen on that line... look it up if you don’t believe. Your hate for one of our up and coming players is discouraging 

I never said they lost every game when he was on that line,  wow, I like Jake, but like I have said before, go read all the posts on Boeser  and how bad he is ,  kind of gets tiring when  like tonight almost everyone had a bad game. but Boeser was singled out . 

this is the team Benning, Green... Canucks players and management have built.  They believe in themselves and the style of hockey they play.  Damn straight they believe in themselves, playoffs this team, this year, we can do this, lets cheer for our team as always .

It's been some tough years in Van, sure, and we know we have some real gems in our lineup right now, but we often feel angst over our recovery since you left our lineup, Daniel and Henrik Sedin.  Sedin week meant to inspire the way forward, incl the way fwd for this year, this team, these fans, as always.

Just now, bree2 said:

I never said they lost every game when he was on that line,  wow, I like Jake, but like I have said before, go read all the posts on Boeser  and how bad he is ,  kind of gets tiring when  like tonight almost everyone had a bad game. but Boeser was singled out . 

Yeah don’t take those people seriously. I guess I’ve been taken your comments as a love for Boeser and a dislike for Virtanen cause frankly JV played well on that line and actually won more games then lost. It was only the last 2 games he was on that line they lost. 

It’s almost Karma that Bess got injured cause a lot of goofy comments about him Over the last few weeks. Just lost our top 3 scorer. And you don’t see anyone complaining about that in the PGT. More worried about firing Green, it’s pathetic 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

It's hard for me to believe that we can't have Schaller and Eriksson out of the lineup for a few games between them for some personnel observations moving toward trading deadline.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

I think everyone has to remember that were still about 3 years away from making a decent run in the playoffs.......if everything goes well?

Are we counting from the re-tool, or the re-build?