The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sutter has at least played well in the past for us (vs just a few games here and there for those other two).  He just is injured so much, I’m not sure he’s the same player anymore because of that.

What are you talkin about. Sutter is foundational.

exterior-foundation-repair.jpg

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

No.. we were winning when it was Miller - EP40 - Virtanen. Not sure why you have a blind hate for Virtanen on the first line and a blind love for Brock (i hope he isn't out long). Virtanen was scoring at a point per game pace on that line. Brock was scoring at the same pace on the first line as he was on the 3rd. When the virtanen - ep40 - miller line got broken up the team started to lose. I am not saying that is the reason we were losing but those two things coincided.

I've got an extra pair of homer shades if you need, bruh! $5.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

He dressed them after a long road trip while he had fresh legs in the press box for a divisional rival statement game win or lose.

There always seems to be those plugs that no one wants to see on the ice. Always happens, always will. I’d take those guys over more recent 4th liners but they just haven’t been doing there jobs. Your right we need swap him for a game at least see what it does 

• Cheers 1

Just caught the highlights of Backlund going at Pettersson, what a puke. How about Stone holding onto Pettersson against the wall.

I thought Brough made a good point this week about the 'deterrence' and how it doesn't really work. But we need to have some backbone, and if they are going to go after our guy atleast try to play the body on their guy. When Friedman is calling you out you know its a problem. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I hope we see Bailey on Monday. Dude was on fire and he's been riding the pine. Marky had a great game, but I'd like to see Demko more. 

JB and TG prefer burned out old f....s. on retirement contracts over young studs that want to make a difference every shift...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Lucic when asked about playing in Vancouver (in the Visitors’ Dressing Room):

”It’s great. I try to look for the Champagne stains on the ceiling.”

God I hate him. 

I don't really blame him as much as i blame the Lames media guys asking an irrelevant question 9 years 3 teams later. 

that city have an inferiority complex with us and will take whatever jab they could take on the team and city whenever they can. 

4 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

In minor hockey, sure coaches offer help in shaping players' character. 

But beyond that, babysitting stops. It's expected of the players. 

Our problem is lack of the right pieces. It's not talking the right things. 

NHL players understand when they get their a.... s stapled to the bench.  NHL players have pride and they know when they need to step up.

Travis G needs to step up and start demanding the players protect the kids...

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

He dressed them after a long road trip while he had fresh legs in the press box for a divisional rival statement game win or lose.

U said it best. And u think it was a good idea to dress 2 AHLers into our lineup for the game such importance?

I am glad u're not involved in any legal way with Canucks management. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

There always seems to be those plugs that no one wants to see on the ice. Always happens, always will. I’d take those guys over more recent 4th liners but they just haven’t been doing there jobs. Your right we need swap him for a game at least see what it does 

As we get near trading deadline it would be nice to get an evaluation of McEwen and Bailey in that area if Ferland can not go to his regular self.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

okay the last game Jake played on that line he scored a goal on the pp2, not on that line

They lost 2 games with virtanen on that line... look it up if you don’t believe. Your hate for one of our up and coming players is discouraging 

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

NHL players understand when they get their a.... s stapled to the bench.  NHL players have pride and they know when they need to step up.

Travis G needs to step up and start demanding the players protect the kids...

And who knows what he has actually been saying in the dressing room this season? 

And what did u understand from his rant after the Boston game? 

I would never be so confident about something that I dont know well at all. 

• Cheers 1

Man what a stinker.....way to go nucks....4 losses in a row....what a great time of year to start a losing streak.....their woeful D zone structure truly exposed tonight....Benning and Green both on the hot seat now especailly if they don't make the playoffs.....too early to hit the panic button :P

3 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

U said it best. And u think it was a good idea to dress 2 AHLers into our lineup for the game such importance?

I am glad u're not involved in any legal way with Canucks management. 

You realize Ferland may be in question for the balance of the season - right?

Trading deadline is coming quick, you may wanna look at both McEwen and Bailey before that. Otherwise send em back to Uitca.

BTW imagine the horror Benning felt seeing Miller chucking his precious knuckles!

Edited by 6string