The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Qwags said:

The stats say it was 4 to 1 for the Isles. Might have been one of the more boring OTs I've seen.

hmm,funny how the stats change from site to site.   but doesn't matter now, the Isles didn't score and we won.

• Huggy Bear 1

32 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Yes but Boeser is a 20-30 goal scorer right now, you can’t be sure that the prospects will turn into that. Podkolzin is a year away still cause of his contract. Lind and Hoglander are good prospects but they still aren’t a guarantee as with any prospect that hasn’t played an NHL game. I’d sooner trade hoglander or Lind+ over Boeser. 

Right now BB's goal production is trending downward and Jake's s is trending up so nothing is for sure. Who knows Podz may surpass both of them. 

More importantly, we need defenseman and Hughes is here NOW and he needs help on the back end.  Maybe we are able to trade prospects as we did Madden too who knows.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Yes but Boeser is a 20-30 goal scorer right now, you can’t be sure that the prospects will turn into that. Podkolzin is a year away still cause of his contract. Lind and Hoglander are good prospects but they still aren’t a guarantee as with any prospect that hasn’t played an NHL game. I’d sooner trade hoglander or Lind+ over Boeser. 

Your right if there was no salary cap and then we could keep him or if Gary gives Jim a gun to make trades at will ha

okay Brock is a good player , everyone will agree but Jake has look good with Petey and so has TT ......so if you can get Jake and TT for say 9 million and it doesn't hurt the team cause we have acouple grade A prospects why not? Remember Brock's next contract will start at 7 million.......Depth wins cups......

Brock is worth more to other teams then us at that point....

• Haha 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Your right if there was no salary cap and then we could keep him or if Gary gives Jim a gun to make trades at will ha

okay Brock is a good player , everyone will agree but Jake has look good with Petey and so has TT ......so if you can get Jake and TT for say 9 million and it doesn't hurt the team cause we have acouple grade A prospects why not? Remember Brock's next contract will start at 7 million.......Depth wins cups......

Brock is worth more to other teams then us at that point....

No

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I think you have a point. Although no one wants to give up a great player like BB, we are in a position where that is one of our strongest positions with the acquisition of Toffoli. With having Toffoli, BB, Jake and MacEwen and then the prospects you mentioned, there is room to trade for what we need. DEFENSE!

I like BB but if I am going into the playoffs, I want those big bodies out there to handle the riggers of playoff hockey

The poster your referring too says TT is a 30 goal scorer who is better then BB and will score 68-74 points for us.   Well he didn't do it yet so why will he after he signs his grandkids never have to work deal?   Yes he's a good hockey player.   So was LE and that actually WAS his norm during his best years in Dallas and Boston.   He's scored over 40 points four times in his career with a high water mark of 58.   Hmmm.  Trade BB indeed. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Screw said:

This game sucked.  Canucks were lucky to get the win.   No structure at all.  What is going on with this team?

Looked like 2 teams playing there bags off in desperate times to me. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

yes dog GIF

Yes cause Jake or Lind or hoglander wont land you a Josh Manson type of D man Hughes needs

Oh man could you imagine trading BB for Josh Mason what a hosing for Anaheim

Take notice our team sucked without BB and got a huge boost when he was in the lineup.

No thanks I’ll take a for sure thing instead of something that might work.

D has got to be developed within. 

Edit: maybe a better defensive coach. Our D as a whole should be better then they are now. I know it has to be fixed but trading BB is one of the dumbest thing this franchise could do

Edited by Devron44
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yeah me too (on the one or hopefully three month "hometown discount".   But I think Hayes was a terrible signing, same with Duchene, same with Skinner and I hope JB doesn't bother if that's the cost.  

They absolutely love Hayes in Philly.

When he signed 7 million seemed like an over payment to everyone out side of Flyers mgmt. But they couldn't be happier..  

Management loves him, his team mates love him and fans love him... Hes having a career year.

Let's see how it holds up for 6 more seasons. 

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Right now BB's goal production is trending downward and Jake's s is trending up so nothing is for sure. Who knows Podz may surpass both of them. 

More importantly, we need defenseman and Hughes is here NOW and he needs help on the back end.  Maybe we are able to trade prospects as we did Madden too who knows.

Boeser has been out for a month, he is not trending downward lol and he still has more points than Jake!  Jake is okay but he also has more years in the NHL than Boeser, he should have been better than Boeser by now

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Oh man could you imagine trading BB for Josh Mason what a hosing for Anaheim

Take notice our team sucked without BB and got a huge boost when he was in the lineup.

No thanks I’ll take a for sure thing instead of something that might work.

D has got to be developed within. 

Really? That's why cups or cup finals followed Scotty and Pronger pretty much their whole careers.....

I would take a balanced number one pairing , something we have never seen done with someone with Hughes skill. 

Im not talking straight , it was just a example 

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Really? That's why cups or cup finals followed Scotty and Pronger pretty much their whole careers.....

I would take a balanced number one pairing , something we have never seen done with someone with Hughes skill. 

Im not talking straight , it was just a example 

I would like those things too. But no way in hell would I trade a 23 year old goal scorer, that’s like 3-4 years away from his prime. There’s no way

• Cheers 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

I would like those things too. But no way in hell would I trade a 23 year old goal scorer, that’s like 3-4 years away from his prime. There’s no way

He can't stay healthy and his paid to score goals ...,,,,

also his skating holds him back still....

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

He can't stay healthy and his paid to score goals ...,,,,

also his skating holds him back still....

Those injuries were pretty flukey imo. Other then the wrist I guess. Players can actually improve their skating a lot when they are 23.

Point is I want to have a good team for a long time. Subtracting a young forward does not help us. Guys like Hogs and Podz are 2 years away minimum. From having an impact on the top 6. Jake is great, my second favourite player next to Bo. But JV can be effective on all lines and one injury in our top 6 we are back to square one 

Edited by Devron44

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Those injuries were pretty flukey imo. Other then the wrist I guess. Players can actually improve their skating a lot when they are 23.

Point is I want to have a good team for a long time. Subtracting a young forward does not help us. Guys like Hogs and Podz are 2 years away minimum. From having an impact on the top 6. Jake is great, my second favourite player next to Bo. But JV can be effective on all lines and one injury in our top 6 we are back to square one 

All depends on what you add by subtracting a forward. 

If the goal is to make this team better then a potential top pair young Dman would help more than Boeser IF we can re sign Toffoli. 

I don't think Boeser will get us that player this off-season.  He hasnt had a great year, 15 goals..  hopefully next year he stays healthy and scores 40 plus. Then we might be able to get that top pair Dman. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Gutsy effort but man our d zone play is not good 

over 50 shots against 

Our D zone play is sloppy.....they need to clean it up in order to be better.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

All depends on what you add by subtracting a forward. 

If the goal is to make this team better then a potential top pair young Dman would help more than Boeser IF we can re sign Toffoli. 

I don't think Boeser will get us that player this off-season.  He hasnt had a great year, 15 goals..  hopefully next year he stays healthy and scores 40 plus. Then we might be able to get that top pair Dman. 

I honestly want to see what some of the kids can do. I think our D prospects are better then what people give us credit for.

I would be very upset if it turned into a Larsson Hall type thing. I’m just not a fan of the idea, what so ever. They better fix our defensive system before they make a trade like that otherwise what’s going to change, nothing 

The weak penalty on Gaudette, but the game management by the refs after the weak penalty call was brutal.

In comparison to the weak call on Gaudette, the interference, hooking and cross check that occurred after this call that wasn't called makes this league a bush league.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You would trade Boeser if he was a 40 goal scorer?? How many of those are even in the league?

• Cheers 1