The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Those injuries were pretty flukey imo. Other then the wrist I guess. Players can actually improve their skating a lot when they are 23.

Point is I want to have a good team for a long time. Subtracting a young forward does not help us. Guys like Hogs and Podz are 2 years away minimum. From having an impact on the top 6. Jake is great, my second favourite player next to Bo. But JV can be effective on all lines and one injury in our top 6 we are back to square one 

Yes I agree but do we want another salo? How is he going to help us if he misses chunks every time and how is he going to hold up in the playoffs? TT has a good track record and I have more faith in Jake....

also if TT can score say 25 next year and Jake gets 20 and Zack gets 10 or another prospect....

that's 55 goals and that's better bang for your buck when Brock's next deal will start at 7 million...

have to take cap into it too

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yes I agree but do we want another salo? How is he going to help us if he misses chunks every time and how is he going to hold up in the playoffs? TT has a good track record and I have more faith in Jake....

also if TT can score say 25 next year and Jake gets 20 and Zack gets 10 or another prospect....

that's 55 goals and that's better bang for your buck when Brock's next deal will start at 7 million...

have to take cap into it too

Sure If that’s how it plays out. Luckily we got Brock locked up for the next 2 years. We’ll see what happens then  

36 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

He can't stay healthy and his paid to score goals ...,,,,

also his skating holds him back still....

his skating is fine. Horvat's skating was horrible when first started and he worked at it. Boeser is working on it too.  this is so ridiculous  one day back and a few are  already trying to trade Boeser,  here is a thought lets trade someone else !!!

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

The Arizona game is an absolute must win 

Colorado will be tough on the back to back 

MacKinnon will not play, which will help, but the Canucks need to play a full 60 to beat them.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Your right if there was no salary cap and then we could keep him or if Gary gives Jim a gun to make trades at will ha

okay Brock is a good player , everyone will agree but Jake has look good with Petey and so has TT ......so if you can get Jake and TT for say 9 million and it doesn't hurt the team cause we have acouple grade A prospects why not? Remember Brock's next contract will start at 7 million.......Depth wins cups......

Brock is worth more to other teams then us at that point....

This is the crux of it now. It's NOT the team with the most elite talent. But the most (talent : reasonable$) that wins it all.

I bet Jake would sign one of those Poile/Scissons type deals..giving up AAV for nice term/trade protection. Size, speed & a local who loves it here. That's a valuable asset.

Toffoli SIGNED would be an epic return for a 2nd & recent 3rd. Brock is a super kid & damn fine young man..but he'd bring a Helluva' return!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Pete M said:

The weak penalty on Gaudette, but the game management by the refs after the weak penalty call was brutal.

In comparison to the weak call on Gaudette, the interference, hooking and cross check that occurred after this call that wasn't called makes this league a bush league.

Which IS precisely why you end up with a******s like Patterson tweeting about 49 shots the next day! Manage the PP's..GUESS what'll freeken'happen to the play/shot totals?!

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

I like Bess with Bo.  Bess is a play driver, who has excellent offensive instincts.  He’s a really good passer.  Bo needs a winger like that.  

Bo is not a play maker....he is a North/ South guy. This makes it hard for others to play with him and be productive. When they find someone, then they need to stick with it.

36 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Sure If that’s how it plays out. Luckily we got Brock locked up for the next 2 years. We’ll see what happens then  

Right now he has high value and Jim would have the power in a trade, what happens if next season he gets hurt again and that would lower his value imho

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Right now he has high value and Jim would have the power in a trade, what happens if next season he gets hurt again and that would lower his value imho

Fair enough. I didn’t agree on trading him but looking forward to y’all talking about It all summer lol

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

The stats say it was 4 to 1 for the Isles. Might have been one of the more boring OTs I've seen.

The most boring Canucks OT I have witnessed. Mostly due to our inability to win a face-off and then maintaining a low percentage shot mentality. But what a SO finish, so happy for demer.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think you'll be calling for his head before I do. He played a solid game and kept the team in it. Not really an emotional statement as much as a statement that Demko has worked through the kinks and is looking pretty solid.

You think to much . And to say i will be calling for his head before you? what does that even mean?  this isn't a battle where  "I know you are but what am I?" lol 

27 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Which IS precisely why you end up with a******s like Patterson tweeting about 49 shots the next day! Manage the PP's..GUESS what'll freeken'happen to the play/shot totals?!

and Paterson is not the only one , Shorthouse and his stats drive me crazy, he doesn't just say it once he says it several times

Just now, bree2 said:

and Paterson is not the only one , Shorthouse and his stats drive me crazy, he doesn't just say it once he says it several times

Got a LOT more patience/understanding for Shorty. Think he does things like that, to suspend the(obv bogus!) illusion of impartiality. Everyone knows he has his fav 'Nucker moments tattooed all over his chubby person! :^)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

You think to much . And to say i will be calling for his head before you? what does that even mean?  this isn't a battle where  "I know you are but what am I?" lol 

You don't spell enough. You stated that if Demko doesn't win tomorrow that I might be calling for his head, so I just flipped the script on that. What does it mean? I'll let you figure that one out.

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You don't spell enough. You stated that if Demko doesn't win tomorrow that I might be calling for his head, so I just flipped the script on that. What does it mean? I'll let you figure that one out.

Man...These boards and the posters in them...

steve harvey lol GIF by NBC

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I blame Jeff Patterson for our recent 4 game losing streak. He tweeted a stupid stat of # of Senator players with 0 or 1 goal heading into the game against the Canucks. And then we lost and started to snowball into 4 games.

The thought that Jeff Patterson could somehow jinx us by posting stats or with any of his so called journalism is absolutely ridiculous. That being said, I am completely on board and I hate him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1