The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Just now, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Didn't even see/hear about that. Just stupid really, Brock isn't a great fighter and I'd be surprised if he didn't get popped by USADA again. 

Brock is an NCAA Champion.  His problem is that he's hated to get hit ever since his intestinal surgeries.

Just now, Down by the River said:

Lesnar pissed hot against Mark Hunt. If the UFC brings him back they are &^@#ing stupid. 

UFC has a 4 Billion dollar loan to pay off.  They'll bring in a chimpanzee to fight if it sells enough PPV's.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Down by the River said:

I think it came before that. He doesn't like getting hit in the face... I mean nobody does, but he seems very uncomfortable about it all. 

He became that much worse after the surgery.  He goes to cover his mid-section and the opponents tee off on his head as a result.  The book is out on him in that regard.

1 minute ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

It would just be a bad matchup for Lesnar, look at his fight vs Overeem, the same thing would happen. Plus JBJ is way better than Overeem.

No idea.  If Brock can get him to the ground and wear him down, Jones is toast.  That's much easier said than done with Jones however.

2 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I just want Jones vs Gustafsson 2, been waiting 3 years for that lol. Toughest fight Jones has ever had, and depending on who you ask but some say he lost. 

That's the only chance we'll ever see a DC vs. Jones 3.  Gus beats Jones then DC beats Gus again to retake the title.

10 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Bones

Cyborg

Woodley

Cerrone

I think Bones will embarass Cormier.  Just my thought but Bones is not a good matchup for Cormier...

Called 3 out of 4 correctly but that Lawler/Cerrone fight could have went either way. 

I called the Bones/Cormier fight correctly. Bones simply destroyed him with that kick. Cormier couldn't even get up. I don't think I've ever seen Cormier knocked out, especially like that.