The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Called 3 out of 4 correctly but that Lawler/Cerrone fight could have went either way. 

I called the Bones/Cormier fight correctly. Bones simply destroyed him with that kick. Cormier couldn't even get up. I don't think I've ever seen Cormier knocked out, especially like that. 

He didn't embarrass him though.  DC was never KO'd before this bout so you're right on never having seen it before.

51 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

UFC has a 4 Billion dollar loan to pay off.  They'll bring in a chimpanzee to fight if it sells enough PPV's.

This. People need to understand the money issue. They will put up as many "super fights" as possible. 

• Upvote 1

If you get kicked in the head and then pounded to the ground and you can't get up for 5 minutes afterwards I would call that getting embarrassed. Doesn't matter if he won a round or not. That was just devastating and brutal. I have never seen Cormier get pounded on the ground like that and never seen him take a kick like that to the head. 

Bones looked like he was in peak form. Looked more ripped then I've ever seen him. He will simply destroy Gustafsson in the next fight.  Bones looks like he has his sh*t together. I don't see him losing another fight for awhile unless he goes to heavyweight. 

Edited by Harvey Spector

23 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

This. People need to understand the money issue. They will put up as many "super fights" as possible. 

I agree. I can easily see a Bones/Lesnar fight. It will pay big for both fighters. The only way Bones gets a huge payday is if he goes to heavyweight. He has to do what Conor did. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

DC had control of most of the 1st and he started to take over in the 2nd. Nothing to be ashamed of. Just a bad break that went against  him. He fought hard and he will be going into his next fight with his head held high

He's 39 years old. I don't see a lot of fights left for him. There will not be a trilogy. He already said it won't happen. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

If you get kicked in the head and then pounded to the ground and you can't get up for 5 minutes afterwards I would call that getting embarrassed. Doesn't matter if he won a round or not. That was just devastating and brutal. I have never seen Cormier get pounded on the ground like that and never seen him take a kick like that to the head. 

Bones looked like he was in peak form. Looked more ripped then I've ever seen him. He will simply destroy Gustafsson in the next fight.  Bones looks like he has his sh*t together. I don't see him losing another fight for awhile unless he goes to heavyweight. 

I agree with you on some points but lets be honest, points wise DC was winning that fight up until that point. JJ ALWAYS looked dangerous but DC WAS winning the fight technically and was the aggressive. JJ only needs one opening and we see what happens with his raw skill and ability. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I agree with you on some points but lets be honest, points wise DC was winning that fight up until that point. JJ ALWAYS looked dangerous but DC WAS winning the fight technically and was the aggressive. JJ only needs one opening and we see what happens with his raw skill and ability. 

That is true and I agree. However Bones hasn't fought in like a year and a half. He was just getting warmed up. He took some shots because his timing was off. 

Even after a year and a half off he was able to knock out Cormier, which no other fighter has ever done, not even a heavyweight. That's scary. He will destroy Gustafsson in his next fight. 

Guess Lawler deserved the W based on how the fight should be scored... but when you only land 3 strikes in a round and the other guy landed maybe close to 30, I'd almost say that that is deserving of a 10-8, even if the other guy didn't score a knockdown. If you seem to completely take a round off, you should lose that round big time.

11 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Its fighting. This happens. Hanging in tough when you're getting beat is nothing to be embarrassed about.