The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Whatever the case he had a chance to pay the fighters more instead of continuing to exploit them like he does even after selling his stake.

The fighters need to unionize, but they all believe that they are the next highly paid champ so they are only looking out for themselves.  Until the fighters speak with one voice, they only have themselves to blame.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Just finished watching the live Conor post-fight interview on the UFC's YouTube channel.  He announced that his wife is pregnant and that he is going to push even harder for an equity stake in the UFC.  I highly doubt that they will give him any percentage.  Even a 1% stake is worth $42 Million.  Also, it would set a bad precedent if they paid a fighter with an equity stake in the company.

Didn't that egghead Alvarez already spoil that? 

• Upvote 1

Alvarez is a plug.  Him winning the title was clearly a fluke in the first place,  Had zero clue what his game plan was and terrible all around.  I thought he would give Conor a challenging fight at least and was completely disappointed.  He literally stood in range, flat his feet against someone with a big reach advantage and took easy shots against.

To combat reach you need to keep moving and circling, moving side to side to open the guy up, and go in and out.  He looked like a lost amateur.

19 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Alvarez is a plug.  Him winning the title was clearly a fluke in the first place,  Had zero clue what his game plan was and terrible all around.  I thought he would give Conor a challenging fight at least and was completely disappointed.  He literally stood in range, flat his feet against someone with a big reach advantage and took easy shots against.

To combat reach you need to keep moving and circling, moving side to side to open the guy up, and go in and out.  He looked like a lost amateur.

Should watch his fight vs RDA, his footwork was being praised that fight and led to him winning the belt by making RDA go the wrong way and landing the shot that stunned him.

Like McGregor said, Alvarez is a warrior but he just didn't belong in the ring with him. (Also how can Alvarez make fun of McGregor's tattoos when he has his last name on his back?)

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Just another Conor jealous hater like that Khabib guy. Says he doesn't deserve title shot.

Wah wah wah way to cherry pick my posts; I've repeatedly said that I like McGregor as a fighter and just hate the lame WWE style trash talk. His Aldo fight was genius, now its just repeating the same thing. 

And my post actually didn't say anything about McGregor, more about the fans with nothing going on in their lives so they need to live vicariously through him. Sorry if that included you.

Edited by Down by the River

5 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Wah wah wah way to cherry pick my posts; I've repeatedly said that I like McGregor as a fighter and just hate the lame WWE style trash talk. His Aldo fight was genius, now its just repeating the same thing. 

And my post actually didn't say anything about McGregor, more about the fans with nothing going on in their lives so they need to live vicariously through him. Sorry if that included you.

I'm pretty sure that is describing 80% of die hard sports fans and fans of any celebrity or entertainer.

You being on this message board makes you part of the group since you are a fan of a team and have no impact on the results of a sporting event and choosing to be a fan or not be a fan of a person is you living vicariously through another fighter hoping he beats Conor.

I don't mind the UFC having beefs and selling fights he is more entertaining on the mic than WWE PG trash talkers and the matches are actually real.

Everything he says he actually comes through and backs it up.

A lot of you guys are Seahwaks fans and Mac is  Richard Sherman times 10 if that makes more sense to you to ease the butthurt of his antics.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

UFC strips Conor of the 145 belt, Aldo becomes champion. Holloway vs Pettis for #1 contender.

Can't believe UFC would &*$** with McGregor, their cash cow.  He is probably pretty pissed right now .... he be saying with his Irish accent, 'Who the fuuuuck does Dana White think he is?'

Edited by Neversummer

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

Can't believe UFC would &*$** with McGregor, their cash cow.  He is probably pretty pissed right now .... he be saying with his Irish accent, 'Who the fuuuuck does Dana White think he is?'

No one person is bigger than the UFC....It was ultimately his choice, defend or give it up.

Now that he will be fighting at 155, the fight to make should be Khabib vs. Conor.

17 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Could see Khabib vs Ferguson for the #1 contender. With Conor maybe fighting Nate again at 155

Yeah I could see that too but makes the least sense.  Should be interesting though since Khabib said his next fight has to be for the title or he wants to leave.