The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

haha,

RDA responds to 'Dennis' calling him out for a fight.

Ball is in your court Danis

@RdosAnjosMMA
FollowFollow @RdosAnjosMMA
More
Replying to @dillondanis

Why don’t we do like you said to Kevin Lee? I put 100k you put 100k I can go to your gym or you come to my, we jump in the cage with no time whoever walks out take the 200k

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Mitrione vs Bader

who ya got?

I'm saying Meathead.

Definitely Meat Head. Bader is a solid LHW but was never able to hang with the top 3-5 guys in the division while in the UFC. Will be even tougher for him against a legitimate heavy weight in Mitroine is who a very cerebral fighter. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I want Lewis to beat DC.

I really like DC even though I'm not a huge fan of wrestlers.

However, I don't like that Daniel is admitting that he would not have rematched Stipe at this time. I appreciate the honesty but don't think it is right to say. He believes that Derek only has a punchers chance against him and that Stipe is much better( would need more prep time). Which is true but I don't like that he is admitting, as champ, that he only accepted this fight due to a big pay cheque.

Well, I hope Lewis catches him and removes some of those future earnings from DC.

I know, it's prize fighting and all but I pray for the day it becomes a legit, rankings matter sport.

Cormier is fighting Lewis because it is an easier W to put on his resume since Lewis was exhausted in his last fight. 

I too hope Lewis KO's Cormier though, I hope they stand up and duke it out, but Cormier probably will try to take him down

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

not an exciting fight, Bader knew he couldnt throw with the bigger Mitrione so he did what he had to do to win.

After 9 years I thought Meathead would have had a bit more take down defence.  Sprawl man.

That was a clinic by Bader. I wish it was 5 rounds, It was the headliner.

A longer match, be it boring, may have had Bader punch himself out. He didn't seem to be hurting Matt but he was in full on blanket mode.

This is what some fans get annoyed with. If you're gonna use just wrestling, please get a finish.

ok, so 

Fedor vs Sonnen?

I'm going with Fedor cause I live in the past.

That said, My predictions suck!

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

After 9 years I thought Meathead would have had a bit more take down defence.  Sprawl man.

That was a clinic by Bader. I wish it was 5 rounds, It was the headliner.

A longer match, be it boring, may have had Bader punch himself out. He didn't seem to be hurting Matt but he was in full on blanket mode.

This is what some fans get annoyed with. If you're gonna use just wrestling, please get a finish.

ok, so 

Fedor vs Sonnen?

I'm going with Fedor cause I live in the past.

That said, My predictions suck!

I hope Fedor wins as well, never been a fan of Sonnen all he does is go for takedowns. So would be a wrestling match vs Bader most likely. I think Bader could have knocked out Mitrione or got the submission if it went longer, he looked like the fresher fighter throughout the fight. When you are jumping up in weight class its not always easy to keep tat knockout power.

I heard during the Lorenzo Larkin fight that guy use to be a heavy weight and has gradually gone down in weight class? So an ex HW is now a WW...that is crazy!!

That illegeal knee must have still had an impact on Nelson before he got finished no? I think that guy is definitely over the hill, most Bellator HW are tho

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hope Fedor wins as well, never been a fan of Sonnen all he does is go for takedowns. So would be a wrestling match vs Bader most likely. I think Bader could have knocked out Mitrione or got the submission if it went longer, he looked like the fresher fighter throughout the fight. When you are jumping up in weight class its not always easy to keep tat knockout power.

I heard during the Lorenzo Larkin fight that guy use to be a heavy weight and has gradually gone down in weight class? So an ex HW is now a WW...that is crazy!!

That illegeal knee must have still had an impact on Nelson before he got finished no? I think that guy is definitely over the hill, most Bellator HW are tho

-I'd like all headliners 5rds.

-Maybe but Roy looked well out classed anyway. I know he can eat shots but those jabs were stiff. Kharitonov was impressive, wish he was in the tourny.

lol at Mitrione:

He said this pre-fight ( i missed it) Matt Mitrione says Ryan Bader is great at ‘almost boring’ style that leads to opponents ‘getting pregnant’

wonder if he's off to get the morning after pill today?

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

-I'd like all headliners 5rds.

-Maybe but Roy looked well out classed anyway. I know he can eat shots but those jabs were stiff. Kharitonov was impressive, wish he was in the tourny.

lol at Mitrione:

He said this pre-fight ( i missed it) Matt Mitrione says Ryan Bader is great at ‘almost boring’ style that leads to opponents ‘getting pregnant’

wonder if he's off to get the morning after pill today?

correct me if I am wrong but arent all UFC main events 5 rounds, but Bellator is only 3? Seems odd, I assume the HW grand prix final will be a 5 round bout for the title?

I agree with Kharitonov, he would have been a better option to have in the GP over Nelson or even Rampage. But Coker has to give those guys the chance as they are the so called big names of Bellator in HW. 

Only issue I have with Bader going for HW belt is it is holding up the LHW belt. Just like in the UFC, dual champions are a cool thing but it holds up the belt, a fighter should be restricted to 1 weight class, or if they choose to fight in multiple weight classes they should ahve to defend their current belt at the same time. Sure it makes for a busy fight schedule but these guys have a shelf life, fight as much as possible to get that $ before you are done imo.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

correct me if I am wrong but arent all UFC main events 5 rounds, but Bellator is only 3? Seems odd, I assume the HW grand prix final will be a 5 round bout for the title?

I dunno what Bellators standard is, but I prefer the 5rd headliner ( actually for most important fights, I'd like 5) . I hope the final will be 5...

Edited by bishopshodan

11 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno what Bellators standard is, but I prefer the 5rd headliner ( actually for most important fights, I'd like 5) . I hope the final will be 5...

Think Bellator only does title fights for 5 rounds.

Anyone watching Sonnen vs Fedor?

Fedor vs Bader should be the best match of the entire tournament, so that is good that it will be for the belt. Sonnen is going to most likely drop back down to LHW. Its too bad with Bader in the tourney that the LHW belt hasnt been defended for a while.

Benson Henderson had a good fight too

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't need any reason to hate WWE anymore than I already do. I know they have no place being mentioned in an mma thread but I found this cool.. Its nice to see UFC take a stand against the lousy Saudi's 

A Tale of Two Promotions: WWE Double Downs On Saudi Arabia Deal While UFC Owners Exit Theirs

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/editorials/1013715-wwe-ufc-saudi-arabia-deals

• Like 1