The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prabh Rai Talk

ballsdeepfreeze

Most likely AHL, he would have started on the moose if he didn't get injured, as he had a great pre-season. then again, we'll have to see how much missing a year of hockey has affected him. hopefully he bounces right back and impresses in the preseason. I'd like to see him on the wolves.

• 4 weeks later...

What were his stats at the tourney last year? I know he scored a couple goals but I don't know his production for assists. Hopefully he comes in and performs like last year, he really surprised me with his leadership and overall performance. If he performs anything like last year, I think he'll surprise a lot of people and fit in nicely with the Wolves.

Hopefully he is 100% and didn't drop off at all. With him being a marginal prospect he needs to get better to have any shot at the NHL. If he regressed I think he is pretty much a write off.

I was quite bullish on him last year. His goal totals doubled from the year we drafted him (41 in 67 vs 20 in 72) and he learned to play a little bit grittier. After a promising camp I felt he had a good shot a making the Moose as a second line player.

Prabh needs to make it as a second line player in his rookie year in the AHL to remain a promising prospect. Crazier things have happened, but he is turning 22 in November. His time is now.

And what is with our best prospects getting weird injuries?

Hodgson - Canucks staff said it was nothing, ends up missings almost an entire year

Sauve - Hit by a car

Rai - Car accident

Ellington - Injuries holding him back from being a top 4 in the AHL (ECHL allstar as a defensive defenseman)

Other injuries

Schroeder

Connauton (missed valuable playoff experience)

Archived