The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Fellow book readers, gather round gather round...leave the Unsullied be.

I suspect Jaime to be killed off by the end of this season. The show chose to leave out the prophecy with the valonquar and he simply meanders across Westeros with no end in sight in A Dance With Dragons. I have an inkling he will meet his end like Oakheart did in the books, but in a way that will be personally fulfilling for him -- with sword in hand, trying to protect someone in love. I am really tense imagining this.

Sansa = Jeyne Poole? Is Theon going to escape with her? The actress, Sophie Turner, mentioned having a rather scandalous scene this season. Remember what Ramsay makes Theon do the night of their wedding? Not looking forward to that

Huge book spoiler, do not click if you don't want to know.

You do understand that it's the Valonqar that will ultimately kill Cersei in the prophecy right? Most people suspect this is actually Jaime and not Tyrion. Although I do think that prophecy may be fulfilled this season.

Jaime also receives word of Cersei's impending trial, with Cersei pleading him to return to King's Landing to be her champion. Jaime chooses to ignore this. Although we eventually find out who will likely be her champion as her actual trial hasn't happened in the books yet.

What I assume happens is Cersei will lose her trial and instead of being beheaded she gets Jaime to kill her.

My take on it anyways.

I agree. Despite the major changes I still really enjoyed this one.

And yes, Sophie's performance continues to amaze. Probably the only reason they thought they could pull off this new Winterfell storyline.

Best scene was at the Wall. And we got the Stannis NOD!

nNhbOKv.gif

Sophie Turner is going to be a lead actress playing Mary Shelley in an up coming movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3810666/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

How old is she again? 19? Amazing.

Is my wife and I off when we think this show has slowed down a lot? It's irritating. Every show so far this season seems to accomplish far less than seasons before.

Also can anyone explain what happened to Bran, Hodor and the wild girl? Did they die? I can't remember. If not, where are they?

Is my wife and I off when we think this show has slowed down a lot? It's irritating. Every show so far this season seems to accomplish far less than seasons before.

Also can anyone explain what happened to Bran, Hodor and the wild girl? Did they die? I can't remember. If not, where are they?

They're slowing down the series so they don't catch up to the books.

As such, Bran and Hodor are not in this season at all. They will focus on their story next season. And if I'm correct, next season won't have Peter Dinklage in it either, in order to slow down the story.

As such, Bran and Hodor are not in this season at all. They will focus on their story next season. And if I'm correct, next season won't have Peter Dinklage in it either, in order to slow down the story.

Oh wow, that's really not good for the show. HURRY THE F*** UP MARTIN COME ON

No Tyrion next season could be a show killer. Bran is nowhere near as popular as Tyrion, so having a season without him doesn't do much harm.

I doubt. I am doubtful. I am doubting.

They are not purposely slowing down the show to not catch up to the books I don't think. They have already said they will go right past the books if they need to. I honestly don't think this season is necessarily slow either. The narrative moves as fast as any other season. But the scenes are longer, and the episodes are actually longer than the past. Episode 3, for instance, is almost 60 minutes long, whereas the length of a typical episode is between 50 to 55 minutes.

Based on the trailers and sneak peeks for season 5, I believe some of the storylines will go past the end of the latest book. I'm guessing Arya's, Stannis' and Tyrion's will. Jaime and Sansa are already completely different from the books. The ones closest to the books will be Jon and Cercei.

Edited by Hugor Hill

There are 2 seasons left to cover the last two (unreleased) books so there is now way they are slowing down. They have already passed the books with certain characters and won't be slowing down.

Also, I don't find this season slow anyways.

If this is the case, they will lose some viewers. You can't have an Avengers type ride and then follow it up with Driving Ms Daisy.

Also what the hell is happening with the dragon queen? All of the sudden she stopped her conquest and has seemed content ruling this city for last few episodes. She is one of the characters I really loved who is now becoming stale.

If this is the case, they will lose some viewers. You can't have an Avengers type ride and then follow it up with Driving Ms Daisy.

Also what the hell is happening with the dragon queen? All of the sudden she stopped her conquest and has seemed content ruling this city for last few episodes. She is one of the characters I really loved who is now becoming stale.

She decided to stay in Mereen to learn to be a queen, to protect the former slaves that she freed from being enslaved again. The other two cities Yunkai and Astapor have already fallen back to slavery.

Anyone know if someone has put together the viewership stats for this season so far?

Interested in something similar to this showing the first four seasons. It'd be nice to know the effect the leaks had on viewership

16dff94685cee0ccb68fb3931a7150b4.png

Have you guys seen the next episodes's trailer??

f&%king D&D.

Un-f%$king-real.

I hope he's just taking a nap.

But seriously, I'm bummed. Barristan is supposed to be one of the best fighters in Westeros and the unsullied are supposed to be exceptional warriors...yet the all get cut down by men in robes with daggars. Disappointing.

Edited by Beluga Whale

I hope he's just taking a nap.

But serious, I'm bummed. Barristan is supposed to be one of the best fighters in Westeros and the unsullied are supposed to be exceptional warriors...yet the all get cut down by men in robes with daggars. Disappointing.

Even more seriously, last episode, WTF was he doing walking around Meereen by himself anyways? This isn't King's Landing during Targaryen rule. That's like the top Commander of the US army walking around Kabul or Bagdad all by himself.

Edited by Hugor Hill

Seems like there's been a lot more clue dropping and foreshadowing going on this season. Last episode I can recall 4 times they implied R+L=J. There's also been significant talk about greyscale/stone men so I'm certain that is going to have an impact this season.

The scariest foreshadowing though is the hints at Shireen possibly being sacrificed. I will literally cry myself to sleep if that happens.

Anyone know if someone has put together the viewership stats for this season so far?

Interested in something similar to this showing the first four seasons. It'd be nice to know the effect the leaks had on viewership

16dff94685cee0ccb68fb3931a7150b4.png

i'm sure plenty of people watched the leaks, but other than myself and one person, everyone i know irl has been watching it week by week, even the piracy types. that's actually really interesting to me, and says an awful lot about the "game of thrones experience" and how the magnificent tension built up over the week is strangely enjoyable

Seems like there's been a lot more clue dropping and foreshadowing going on this season. Last episode I can recall 4 times they implied R+L=J. There's also been significant talk about greyscale/stone men so I'm certain that is going to have an impact this season.

The scariest foreshadowing though is the hints at Shireen possibly being sacrificed. I will literally cry myself to sleep if that happens.

They are dumbing it down.