The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

That was one of the worst trailers this show has released. Is it just me or are they getting formulaic?

- Obligatory quote about protecting the ones you love

- Obligatory quote about the upcoming war (5 seasons now)

- Obligatory Dany clip of her promising to do something as a ruler

- Obligatory Varys quote about the big picture of the game of thrones

The fade in and fade out is getting tiring too.

I feel like I should be more excited, by all accounts.

I felt the same way when I first watched it. Add the obligatory dramatic shot of Arya with Needle to your list. Speaking of which, Maisie Williams is so tall now.

Was that David Bowie's "Heroes" that I heard in the background.

GoT is better than that.

Yeah that song is so misused there.

I'll be severely disappointed if there's no

Aegon

. Seems like the TV show is going in that direction though.

The bright side is, I think Sansa will kind of adapt the role of

Lady Stoneheart

That would be awesome!

Nothing special in the trailer. Was Stannis even in it?

Looking forward to Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow though.

So no Arrianne for sure now...I can deal with cutting certain other storylines, but I don't see why she would be removed from the Dorne plot?

Looks like her role will be taken care of by:

the sand snakes

So no Arrianne for sure now...I can deal with cutting certain other storylines, but I don't see why she would be removed from the Dorne plot?

He was in the background in a couple of scenes. Not enough Mannis in this trailer.

Looks like her role will be taken care of by:

the sand snakes

I'm wondering if Tyene might pick up the slack on that storyline.

In the video that introduces the additions to the cast, they made a point of introducing us to Tyene. (who, contrary to the books, likes to play with daggers) It seemed a bit strange to me, since her role in the books has been fairly small (at least to this point)

Wowzers! Apparently this is GRRM's original outline for ASOIAF from 1993: https://twitter.com/Waterstones/status/562985847390470145

Really interesting to see his original vision and how much it has changed. Even though the ending is redacted and the story is significantly different, there are potential spoilers so read at your own discretion.

Jon and Arya romance? gross
His envision for Jaime changed quite a bit. Looks like most of his original idea for Jaime turned into Cersei's story arc.
I think the span of timeline was supposed to be a lot greater, with he Stark children growing into adults over the time of the series.
Doubting Tyrion started off as a Dwarf either.

Edited by Beluga Whale

Wowzers! Apparently this is GRRM's original outline for ASOIAF from 1993: https://twitter.com/Waterstones/status/562985847390470145

Really interesting to see his original vision and how much it has changed. Even though the ending is redacted and the story is significantly different, there are potential spoilers so read at your own discretion.

Jon and Arya romance? gross

His envision for Jaime changed quite a bit. Looks like most of his original idea for Jaime turned into Cersei's story arc.

I think the span of timeline was supposed to be a lot greater, with he Stark children growing into adults over the time of the series.

Doubting Tyrion started off as a Dwarf either.

Lol, horsefaced children ftw. Some pretty mind-blowing stuff in there.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Episodes 1-6 of season 5 were leaked online.

So tread carefully as actual show spoilers will likely emerge around the internet.

If you torrent things you can just watch ahead. The quality is crisp but not in true 720 or 1080.

Episodes 1-6 of season 5 were leaked online.

So tread carefully as actual show spoilers will likely emerge around the internet.

If you torrent things you can just watch ahead. The quality is crisp but not in true 720 or 1080.

That's horrible. Ripping is one thing but ripping before the show is aired is another.

The last thing I want to do is to watch episodes ahead of time. It's hard enough to wait for new seasons as it is and for all we know, it may take longer for the next one, since Martin can't seem to churn out more than a few pages a day...