The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Damn. I think we all probably had a similar reaction to the end scene.

Tyrion's scene with Jamie was phenomenal.

Some will really like that episode. I think it was two thumbs down, really hard down.

Yeah, the focus of this episode was a bit strange, I wouldn't go so far as to give it two thumbs down, but some of the storyline progression was poorly focused IMO, particularly the John Snow/Sam one, and the highly anticipated duel was overwhelmingly underwhelming.

Props to another great performance between Dinklage and Waldau, and funny seeing Lord Friendzone completely removed from the zone, poor guy.

Yeah, the focus of this episode was a bit strange, I wouldn't go so far as to give it two thumbs down, but some of the storyline progression was poorly focused IMO, particularly the John Snow/Sam one, and the highly anticipated duel was overwhelmingly underwhelming.

Props to another great performance between Dinklage and Waldau, and funny seeing Lord Friendzone completely removed from the zone, poor guy.

whaaaaaaaat?????

i do sorta agree that the focus and structure of the episode was pretty weird, and the way it ended was sorta tacky and cheap, but underwhelming?!?!??! good grief, my palms were getting damp. i thought it was perfectly done

whaaaaaaaat?????

i do sorta agree that the focus and structure of the episode was pretty weird, and the way it ended was sorta tacky and cheap, but underwhelming?!?!??! good grief, my palms were getting damp. i thought it was perfectly done

Meh, for the past two weeks all my friends who have read the book have raved on and on how well the fight is described in the book, it's not that the fight choreography was bad, that was pretty well done, I just expected a longer fight with a bit more to it.

yeah maybe, idk. i am personally glad most of the fights are really brief. sword fights are never really believable to me, they always seem crazy choreographed and kinda silly, so i appreciated their brevity in this series. especially in this case, since the mountain is such a giant oaf. agility obviously isn't his strong suit

watching inigo montoya dance around him for 15 minutes woulda sucked

that episode annoyed me so bad because i just want to know what happens next. i think i have to pick up the books now. ugh

I am worried for Tyrion in the next episode. His scene with Jamie though was magical.

I am also curious on what now happens with Jorah since his secret was revealed.

I am looking forward to in the next episode is the battle for castle black. Jon Snow I find a very interesting character.

A lot of characters were left out of this episode. That left me somewhat disappointed.

yeah maybe, idk. i am personally glad most of the fights are really brief. sword fights are never really believable to me, they always seem crazy choreographed and kinda silly, so i appreciated their brevity in this series. especially in this case, since the mountain is such a giant oaf. agility obviously isn't his strong suit

watching inigo montoya dance around him for 15 minutes woulda sucked

that episode annoyed me so bad because i just want to know what happens next. i think i have to pick up the books now. ugh

I'm reading the books as soon as this season is over, I'm sick of stumbling onto spoilers, I knew the Mountain was going to win and I know a big one that's coming.

Here's question - is the mountain dead? I didnt think so while watching, but I've seen a few things saying he is - yes he got stabbed in the chest, but he seemed pretty lively while being fully capable of speech and skull crushing. What gives? (spoiler in white)

If you really want the answer, the book says that...(spoilers) (well not really, though it explains what happened with the mountain)

Oberon's spear is coated with poison.

^ also in white

Edited by Rey

Who's your guys and girls favorite characters?

Dead or Alive.

i like quite a few, personally.

tywin is probably my favourite. but i really like varys (or however you spell it, the eunuch. altho he hasn't been around much lately), the hound, and little finger

i like quite a few, personally.

tywin is probably my favourite. but i really like varys (or however you spell it, the eunuch. altho he hasn't been around much lately), the hound, and little finger

I wonder if Jorah is going to seek revenge against Varys for leaking information about him being a spy.

Sansa upped her status as a character last episode. My favourite actor in the show is Peter Dinklage but my favourite character is Jamie. I also like Tywin, the Mountain, and Oberyn (RIP).

If you want to see Pedro Pascal live in person in NYC:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-pedro-pascal-on-that-oberyn-martell-fight-twist_article_94936

This summer, Pedro hits The Delacorte Theater stage in Central Park alongside Hamish Linklater and Lily Rabe in “Much Ado About Nothing” (running from June 3-July 6), as part of Shakespeare in the Park.