The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Been swimming through my memories lately...

....skateboards....sneaker metal......basement parties....early 90's....how I miss those days thank god it's over.

FTFY  :lol:

Still looove this though:

Edited by D-Money
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, D-Money said:

FTFY  :lol:

Still looove this though:

Oh man this song rules.  Also wish fulfillment from this album.

i saw them at bumbershoot festival in Seattle back in the early 2000’s and man was I let down.  I had so much anticipation going in and all they did was nearly an entire set of feedback.

buncha muppets.

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, D-Money said:

The saddest song I've ever heard...

It was written for Georgia Lee Moses, who was abducted and murdered at 12 years old, and who was never even reported missing. Her mother was disabled, and she had already dropped out of school, taken to the streets, and was on nobody's radar.

When I hear it, I think of Grant Ross, a kid I went to elementary school with in Chilliwack. When he was in class, he had obvious behavioral problems, and I just assumed he was just a punk or something...but I was so young (think it was grade 2). Then he wasn't at my school anymore, but I randomly ran into him at an arcade one day. We talked, played some games, and I couldn't believe it was the same kid. He was calm, thoughtful, and pleasant to talk to. Then, in what I think was only a matter of weeks later, he was murdered by his own mother, at only 9 or 10 years of age.

At the time, I didn't really understand the significance of his behaviour, and how it was his reaction to what must of been a rough home to be raised in. But I often reflect on it, and use it to remind myself that everyone has a backstory. No matter what a person seems like, they have reasons why they are who they are. What seems like a red flag to avoid a person may actually be a thinly-veiled cry for help. And what seems like a reason to mock and despise someone may be the same reason why they need to be treated with respect and dignity more than ever before.

Thanks for that.

• Cheers 1