The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Mastodon is so huge, so epic. Snagged a signed vinyl of Leviathan & a set list when they came through Saskatoon!

Yes I'm a big fan up to crack the Skye and including that album.  Not so much after.  The heavier grindier earlier stuff I love.  Having said that, crack the Skye is a classic album imo. Definitely shows their talents.

Id say capellarian crest is my fav mastodon tune -  off of blood mountain.  Total brain scrambler.

50 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Seen them before?

nah, I wish! I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about their live performances and getting to concerts in Vancouver from Victoria can be expensive so I was always hesitant. after they broke up i really regretted it though

you?

2 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

nah, I wish! I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about their live performances and getting to concerts in Vancouver from Victoria can be expensive so I was always hesitant. after they broke up i really regretted it though

you?

Cool.  Didn't know you are an islander.  Me as well.

i saw them I think it was '99 in Seattle at the bumbershoot festival and yeah, unfortunately they went full jaded rock star mode and the whole set was wall of noise feedback.

i was very disappointed.  They were one of my favs during high school.

edit

luckily, rocket from the crypt was also at that festival and they, as usual put on a great show....I've seen them four times.

Edited by riffraff
6 hours ago, riffraff said:

Yes I'm a big fan up to crack the Skye and including that album.  Not so much after.  The heavier grindier earlier stuff I love.  Having said that, crack the Skye is a classic album imo. Definitely shows their talents.

Id say capellarian crest is my fav mastodon tune -  off of blood mountain.  Total brain scrambler.

Didn't like The Hunter as well, but Once More Round the Sun is pretty good. Love me some Asleep in the Deep. But yeah, Crack the Skye is their best effort.

Capillarian Crest is one of my favs, too. A bitch to play on guitar, though. :wacko: