The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Milos playing sloppy against an unranked Niponese dude..but has picked it up and ended up cruising..last set was close.

Haha, I see you've editted your post, Bouchard seems to be doing fine today.

And Genie's through to the second round. =D

Edited by ckamo

I said she would probably lose because of her latest results and spending more time on modeling/Magazines than tennis.

I edited before she actually won today, thought maybe I was being to critcal..

Haha, it was no big deal. I think most people would have been given her recent performances. She took a bit of time off between Wimbledon and the Rogers Cup, so hopefully it was just a matter of getting back into her groove.

Genie is way more than a pretty face. She's a talented player with enormous potential. The fact that she's good looking and has been made into the next era's poster girl is not her fault. Her team will do a good job of insulating her to make sure that she focuses on what's important.

Dmitrov, Kygrios are some young tennis players who I think have a good opportunity to break out this year. I think Dmitrov could take out Federer even though Federer is looking great. Raonic might be in tough facing against potentially Wawrinka or Kygrios, Kygrios who gave Raonic a bit of trouble at Wimbledon. Wawrinka is also a great tennis player.

After Djokovic it gets really even out with alot of tennis players being able take it, Raonic, Wawrinka, Dmitrov, Kygrios, Tsonga, Ferrer, Murray and of course Federer with good chances to win Wimbledon.

Genie in the same draw as Selena, good luck Genie you're going to need it.

Although I want to be optimistic for Genie, Selena is on beast mode, who else saw her focus during the late night game?

Dmitrov, Kygrios are some young tennis players who I think have a good opportunity to break out this year. I think Dmitrov could take out Federer even though Federer is looking great. Raonic might be in tough facing against potentially Wawrinka or Kygrios, Kygrios who gave Raonic a bit of trouble at Wimbledon. Wawrinka is also a great tennis player.

After Djokovic it gets really even out with alot of tennis players being able take it, Raonic, Wawrinka, Dmitrov, Kygrios, Tsonga, Ferrer, Murray and of course Federer with good chances to win Wimbledon.

Although I want to be optimistic for Genie, Selena is on beast mode, who else saw her focus during the late night game?

Serena?

And she's not in the same draw? They can't meet each other until the finals.

Edit: Semi-Finals, nvm.

Edited by g_bassi13

Steve Johnson vs Tatsuma Ito, what a match.

Johnson cramping and trying his 100% hardest and he keeps playing, and falls down due to a body cramp eventually taking place. Heart of a lion and stupid umpire kept on telling him to hurry up when he was clearly hurting and giving it his all. What a match.

Dmitrov is going to be a great tennis player.

How did Sharapova fall back in the first set?

It's Dimitrov. He's been hyped up a lot this year since the AO where he made his first Slam QF. I'd say his peak level is very high. His all around type of game means that he can threaten the Big 4 on any given day. However, he's shown that he is still capable to exiting earlier at the larger tournaments. He hasn't yet proven to have the level of consistency that players above him in the top 10 have.