The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Yo Face In The Twilight Sparkle Party

Rate this topic

Gerg

On 7/4/2016 at 3:23 AM, falcon45ca said:

Some towns have the weirdest names.

Like Moose Jaw...who thought that was a good name? Why not Cougar Claw, or Wolf's Tooth?

Moose Jaw...baffling.

Regina"s original name was Pile of Bones...probably a good thing they changed it.

On Monday, July 04, 2016 at 4:23 AM, falcon45ca said:

Some towns have the weirdest names.

Like Moose Jaw...who thought that was a good name? Why not Cougar Claw, or Wolf's Tooth?

Moose Jaw...baffling.

Moose jaw :wub:  your welcome to our city anytime

One of the most commonly asked questions is, “How did Moose Jaw get its name?” It’s not an easy one to answer. In fact, there are no less than three prevailing theories.

The first theory is that it is a short form of a First Nations word, ‘Moosoochapiskanissippi’, meaning “the river shaped like the jaw of a moose”, referring to the bend in the Moose Jaw River.

The second says that the name is a short form of another First Nations word, ‘Moosoochapiskun’, which translates as “the place where the white man mended his cart with the jawbone of the moose”.

The third theory, and the one most subscribed to, is that the name comes from a Cree word, “Moosegaw”, which means ‘warm breezes’.

Whatever the facts of the matter are, one thing is clear. Moose Jaw truly is a city as unique as its name. 

Edited by naslund.is.king
  • Upvote 2
On 7/15/2016 at 11:25 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

just the sides. i always have the back shorter. as my hairdresser put my hair-- she calls it anime hair xD

You should spike it up Goku style 

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i posted a pic the other day on facebook of when i woke up, my hair all messy, i looked like the guy from kingdom hearts D:

I wish I had anime hair

• 2 weeks later...