The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

34 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

"omg I'm so sick of all this rain and short days. Bring on the sun and the warmth!"

Then all people do is bitch once it actually arrives. High 20s and into the 30s, and the province is on fire for three months of the year.

No shortage of heat, dryness and long days on the Prairies. It's bright out until 10-11pm. There's a heat advisory today too and I love it. The hotter the better.

Heat Warning:

Heat Warning in effect for:

• City of Vancouver - including Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
  • North Shore - including West Vancouver and North Vancouver

First heat wave of the season has begun...

Sunny skies and very warm air are on tap for the next several days as a strong ridge of high pressure envelopes British Columbia.

High temperatures will reach the low thirties today and Tuesday, which is approximately 12 to 14 degrees above the average for the middle of June. Low temperatures will hover around 16 degrees tonight and Tuesday night as well.

Daily temperature records may be broken in some communities.

The ridge and very warm air are expected to stick around until Wednesday. Some cooling will begin on Thursday.

===

Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water

Reduce your heat risk. Schedule outdoor activities during the coolest parts of the day.

Seek a cool place such as a tree-shaded area, swimming pool, shower or bath, or air-conditioned spot like a public building.

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.

Ask a health professional how medications or health conditions can affect your risk in the heat.

Watch for the symptoms of heat illness: dizziness/fainting; nausea/vomiting; rapid breathing and heartbeat; extreme thirst; decreased urination with unusually dark urine.

Get informed
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
- For more information on heat-related illness, call HealthLinkBC at 811.
- Contact your local government to find out what services (such as air-conditioned buildings and public splash parks) are available in your area.

Environment Canada and the Lower Mainland Medical Health Officers expect an increase in health and safety risks from heat and are advising the public to take precautions.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• 4 weeks later...

Heat Warning:

Heat Warning in effect for:

• City of Vancouver - including Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
  • North Shore - including West Vancouver and North Vancouver

The summertime heat continues over much of the inner-south Coast early this week. Inland areas can will experience day-time highs of at least 28 degrees and overnight lows near 16 degrees.

Some slightly cooler weather is in store beginning mid-week as an on-shore flow develops.

These high temperatures are not out of the ordinary for this time of year, however, please be aware of the health risks associated with hot weather.

Extreme heat affects everyone.

The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.

Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.

Get informed
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
- For more information on heat-related illness, call HealthLinkBC at 811.
- Contact your local government to find out what services (such as air-conditioned buildings and public splash parks) are available in your area.

Environment Canada and the Lower Mainland Medical Health Officers expect an increase in health and safety risks from heat and are advising the public to take precautions.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

On 2018-06-18 at 11:34 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

"omg I'm so sick of all this rain and short days. Bring on the sun and the warmth!"

Then all people do is bitch once it actually arrives. High 20s and into the 30s, and the province is on fire for three months of the year.

Being from Penticton I always laugh when you guys call 28 or 30 hot.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Penticton never sucks unless you live there and are trying to get by.

Yeah lots of nothing in penticton lots of shut down motels were i was staying.

Barley mill pub wasnt a bad place for breakfast.

Edited by Violator

i have a friend who lives in ottawa and they remind me when they had 38+ heat wave when we're just at like 28 and im complaining LOL. i just want it to be fall when i can get pumpkin stuff. i dont like being sweaty and gross, unless i want to be :x

Edited by Twilight Sparkle