The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

Damn Vancouver...too much poop in the water...all the DT beaches are closed to swimming. 

Mcdonald beach in Richmond...no swimming due to recently sunken Tug.

Feel bad for my dog, she loves to play in the water.

The sky looks like doomsday and I think the smoke is giving me a head ache. Stupid fires, this is going to be every year now isn't it?

I like the heat just fine, not a problem, but I would like to be able to go for a run or a swim without facing health issues.

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Damn Vancouver...too much poop in the water...all the DT beaches are closed to swimming. 

Mcdonald beach in Richmond...no swimming due to recently sunken Tug.

Feel bad for my dog, she loves to play in the water.

The sky looks like doomsday and I think the smoke is giving me a head ache. Stupid fires, this is going to be every year now isn't it?

I like the heat just fine, not a problem, but I would like to be able to go for a run or a swim without facing health issues.

It's really ugly smoke-wise in Alberta too. My wife runs a dayhome and can't even put the kids outside due to the air quality. Even worse is that it's ruining August. My forecast says mid 20s and no rain for the next week but with all the smoke I can't even enjoy it. We've lost significant portions of our precious summer here the past few years. The winter is long and cold here and we need clear skies and sun in the summer to maintain our sanity. Take your smoke back!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

It's really ugly smoke-wise in Alberta too. My wife runs a dayhome and can't even put the kids outside due to the air quality. Even worse is that it's ruining August. My forecast says mid 20s and no rain for the next week but with all the smoke I can't even enjoy it. We've lost significant portions of our precious summer here the past few years. The winter is long and cold here and we need clear skies and sun in the summer to maintain our sanity. Take your smoke back!

Hey! if it was my smoke, Alberta would be sold out of potato chips and everyone would be in a good mood.

Wait....if the smoke is ours...then the trees are ours... Is the coast ours?...:ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Violator said:

No work to speak of yet might have to commute to the lower mainland :(

They should have a passenger only ferry that is considerably cheaper than the regular ferries that takes people to Horseshoe Bay. 

Good luck on the work front, Violator. I hope you find something local. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

21 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They should have a passenger only ferry that is considerably cheaper than the regular ferries that takes people to Horseshoe Bay. 

Good luck on the work front, Violator. I hope you find something local. 

Or stay at my moms in langley and go home on the weekend.which i dont want to do

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Too hot” by Metro Vancouver standards.

Only because the majority of people do not have air conditioning. it gets dreadfully hot in my high rise apartment 

Imagine having no A/C in a place like Palm Springs... boy 47 degrees.... 

image.png.21590196ac1c2ef76c0979a5eb2bda34.png