The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

LA is the home of the best (finacially) MLS team with the Galaxy, and the worst(in everything) with Chivas. Just move that team somewhere, anywhere. 5 NASL teams had better attendance then Chivas.

they have a decent team but just need to move somewhere else I guess

LA is the home of the best (finacially) MLS team with the Galaxy, and the worst(in everything) with Chivas. Just move that team somewhere, anywhere. 5 NASL teams had better attendance then Chivas.

I agree a move is needed. LA Is a massive market, but soccer just isn't a large enough draw to support a terrible team in the same area as the Beckham/Donovan show.

Cannon came out of the net to charge an opposing Chivas coming down on him; the Chivas player jumped and got a cleat on Cannon's thigh. Continued on playing including making argubably the best diving save of the year from a shot labelled to the right hand corner. At the time of Cannon's collision, Whitecaps med team applied medicational ointment on the thigh but it obviously didn't work as Cannon was noticeably favoring the leg later getting subbed 20 minutes later.

I don't think there is any argument about it. That save was unreal!!

Congrats Caps on the first road victory!! Now go get a few more.

Great to see back to back wins already, and obviously that crucial 1st road win. Caps fans deserve a stellar season!

The attendance at the Impact game today was insane!! The attendance at the Chivas game... not so much.

Wish we'd get bigger crowds in BC Place to be honest, we should be able to sell out the entire lower bowl by now.

Wasn't the lower bowl nearly sold out for the home opener? Judging by the ticket prices I have a very simple solution.

All upper bowl tickets, $10. Sell that out it's $220,000 more revenue per game, lots more merchandise sold, and more food, beer and rabid fans. Best of all families would be able to afford to go to each game.

But hey, what do I know?

Wasn't the lower bowl nearly sold out for the home opener? Judging by the ticket prices I have a very simple solution.

All upper bowl tickets, $10. Sell that out it's $220,000 more revenue per game, lots more merchandise sold, and more food, beer and rabid fans. Best of all families would be able to afford to go to each game.

But hey, what do I know?

It'd make it so there'd be little to no incentive to buy lower bowl seats, so it isn't something they'd want from a business point of view. As a fan though, who wouldn't love having 10$ tickets thrown their way.

You might actually see something like this, with an opened upper bowl, against certain opponents.

But hey, what do I know?

Lower bowl was sold out. Caps have gotten 20+ for each game they have played at BC Place. That is 3rd in the league for attendance. The problem with your logic, is most people would just sit in the upper deck. They have "demand" right now. Your idea is good, but the Caps would need around 15k of season ticket holders to make it plausible.

Your idea is used by some American teams in the NHL, their upper decks are filled, but lower bowl is kind of empty.

I imagine the upper deck will be open for big games this year. LA, Seattle, and any playoff games will draw big time. The Galaxy game at Empire got 27k to attend, that could have translated to a 50k+ draw, if the game was played downtown.

Lower bowl was sold out. Caps have gotten 20+ for each game they have played at BC Place. That is 3rd in the league for attendance. The problem with your logic, is most people would just sit in the upper deck. They have "demand" right now. Your idea is good, but the Caps would need around 15k of season ticket holders to make it plausible.

Your idea is used by some American teams in the NHL, their upper decks are filled, but lower bowl is kind of empty.

I imagine the upper deck will be open for big games this year. LA, Seattle, and any playoff games will draw big time. The Galaxy game at Empire got 27k to attend, that could have translated to a 50k+ draw, if the game was played downtown.

The Whitecaps have limited capacity within the lower bowl to approx 21K. True capacity of the lower bowl is over 25K, as witnessed by the CONCACAF Final played at BC Place earlier this year.

Do I think that they should open up all seats in the lower bowl? Yes.

His experience really shows.

During a team huddle, which I believe was before they took the field for the second half, he was the one addressing the whole team, which was nice to see. And just watching him move the ball down the field is fun. With him and Rochat at back, and Camilo and Chiumiento up front, this team should have no problem getting the ball up the flanks.

I know it's early, but, I am impressed with what I see with the '12 version of the 'Caps. Lee is an amazing addition at RB. Not only does he allow Rochat to move to his natural LB position, he attacks with vigour, patience and skill. Bonjour and Demerit have been a good tandem at Centre half.

Koffie looks like a stud in front of the back 4. He could be in Vancouver for a long time if he's not snapped up by a club overseas.

Camilo, Chiumiento, Hasseli and Le Toux look capable of scoring tons of goals.

If these key players, and Joe Cannon stay healthy, the 'Caps could be in the playoffs in their second MLS campaign.

Keep it up, boys!

:towel::canucks:

The Whitecaps have limited capacity within the lower bowl to approx 21K. True capacity of the lower bowl is over 25K, as witnessed by the CONCACAF Final played at BC Place earlier this year.

Do I think that they should open up all seats in the lower bowl? Yes.

On big game, I would agree with you. But they need to create demand before they do that. For MLS games though, they must leave the supporters section for the visiting team of 500 seats tarpped off, even if no fans from the other team travel to see a game, as per MLS rules.