The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Only saw the highlight package and I have to admit, I was encouraged by what I saw from Hasal.

I thought Crepeau's departure had sunk the 'Caps' season before it even started, but maybe TH is up to the task.

The lack of scoring is worrisome, though....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Usually we're complaining about phantom calls, but this guy isn't calling anything....:unsure:

Not sure if it's going to get the 'Caps a result, but they look like a different team with Gauld and White in the lineup. Raposo and Brown are looking good as well....

• Cheers 1

1 - Nil Whitecaps final score....Ryan Raposo with the winner early in the 2nd half.

Gotta say, I was a bit concerned to see Cavallini come on for White at the hour mark, (considering his unimpressive performance in Panama City) but he was really good tonight.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Usually we're complaining about phantom calls, but this guy isn't calling anything....:unsure:

Not sure if it's going to get the 'Caps a result, but they look like a different team with Gauld and White in the lineup. Raposo and Brown are looking good as well....

So true.   Right from the get-go they looked like the team from the second half of last season.

• Cheers 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:58 PM, gurn said:

Wow, there was so much hope at the end of last year; now no hope?

Not no hope, just critical injuries completely kneecapping the team. I also think Crepeau leaving was a bigger blow then expected to be from his leadership skills and calming veteran presence. That’s not to say Hasal has been at fault for the losses, he’s only 21, still developing and he’s made some great saves, but he’s not Crepeau.

Said it before and I’ll say it again: When they’re healthy they’ll start winning games again. Until then it’s going to be a rough ride for fans of this club unfortunately.

• Thanks 1