The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I think it goes to show you just how good Brazil is... We see Camilo play on a regular basis and are amazed at his talent, but he doesn't even get a sniff at the national team.

As you said, great way to send YP into retirement. A lot of class shown by all involved, (Fans, officials and the Rapids) for a guy who's always been a class act himself.

Looking forward to next year already...

Unfortunately he wouldn't even get a sniff at their second or third teams. Unless he moved to a better league (would have to be one of the big 4) and proved he could play at a high level - which I don't think he could. The MLS suits him. But even then unless he's playing for a huge team he wouldn't make it. Brazil is stacked.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

http://www.tsn.ca/so...tory/?id=436064

Thoughts? I actually didn't think Mattocks was like that..pretty revealing.

Yeah, I read that in the Vancouver Sun earlier. Did not necessarily shock me, but it is still disappointing nonetheless. I kept laughing as the year went on with regards to his proclamation at the beginning of the season that he would score 20 goals during the campaign. Now I see that he believes he could have actually got it if he was not being held back. The guy is quite full of himself, to say the least. I dont believe it says so in this particular article, but in that interview, he looked at the Rennie firing and said that it was a result of his being held to the bench.

If he keeps up this attitude, he will be riding the bench next year as well. Hell, if he keeps up this attitude, I would not even want to see him on the roster.

• 3 weeks later...

i cant link the article right now, but marc weber from the province says the caps are extremely interested in Salt Lakes's kreis who's contract runs out this year. he also seems to imply that if they can't sign kreis, robinson might take over.

Daigo Kobayashi, Davidson, Cannon, Knighton, Simon Thomas, Rusin, Heinemann and Hertzog all released

From the Vancouver Province:

"The obvious theme was the clearing of Martin Rennie’s former Carolina RailHawks crew, with Knighton, Rusin, Davidson and Heinemann all in that camp."

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/11/28/whitecaps-exercise-option-on-11-players-decline-eight/