The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

BoKnowsHockey

Holy F***!

They updated the rosters and updated player ratings, and Elias and Karlsson are 86 overalls!!

I have never seen any player at all receive that rating. Mind = Blown

I remember EA saying 85 and 87 are the difference between good players and super stars. The no 86 rating was supposed to be a middle rating to group the good players and the super stars.

Even if you tried to update a players rating manually, it went from 85 to 87 jumping over 86. The only exception was Hockey Ultimate Team.

Second season a bust as was my first. Lost the the Blackhawks in the second round in Game 7 (I know, dont get me started). Off-season moves included resigning Edler (3 years) and Burrows (1 year), while letting Higgins go (wanted too much). Got Weber for Ballard, Schroeder and two draft picks. Lines are now:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Stamkos

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Connolly - Hodgson - Hansen

Westgarth - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Weber

Edler - Bieksa

Tanev - Parent

Schneider

Tokarski

I decided to give this game another shot after a few weeks spent playing through Mass Effect 1 and 2 multiple times.

Due to the current season nearing its end I decided to just simulate this season (did not receive a single realistic trade offer so no movements) and ended up winning the Cup over MTL with the Canucks. The Wolves also won the Calder after dropping the first three games.

Now I get to look forward to attempting to play with the club realisticly and stock our prospect pool (Colton Sissons was my draft pick).

I am in my 4th Season as GM Mode the first 3 seasons I was using Edmonton with this line up (more or less)

Kolvachuck - Stamkos - Simmonds

Taylor Hall - Kesler - Evander Kane

Sortini - Brulie - Eberle

Sweatt - LaPierre - Hansen

Doughty - Weber

Pekham - Byfuglien

Sbisa - Sauer

Price

Emery

Had an epic Finals the first two seasons were againts Buffalo while the 3rd Finals I had was with New York Rangers. That was epic NYR lead the series 2-0 but I crawled back winning the series 4-2. Lucky Henrik Lundqvist was injured in the Series.

Then after my 3rd Cup win with Edmonton I decided to move on to Winnipeg currenty 53-12-3 with this line up

Ovechkin - Toews - Patrick Kane

Ladd - A Stewart - C Stewart

Shremp - Malholtra - Bodie

Chimera - Fisher - Hansen

Bogosian - Myers

Stuart - Del Zoto

Brookbank - Alberts

Price

Peters

Looks like I created a beast though ... my former Edmonton team is #1 in the West Running Away in the Conference

Glitch Alert: Also I noticed a Glitch when playing Winnipeg ... after awhile in a game Commentators started referring to the team as the Atlanta Trashers. Strange ...

I managed to rebuild Columbus well. In my 4th year now, won the cup and Presidents' Trophy in my 3rd

Lineup at start of 2014-15 season, injuries and cap off

J. Benn[89] - R. Johansen[87] - J. Skinner[88]

L. Eriksson[88] - D. Brassard[86] - C. Atkinson[84]

R. Umberger[84] - M. Granlund[84] - D. Clarkson[81]

S. Ott[81] - N. Thompson[79] - J. Boll [80]

N. Hjalmarsson[87] - A. Larsson[87]

M. Methot[82] - J. Demers[84]

J. McBain[82] - J. Savard[81]

M. Neuvirth[90]

J. Gustavsson[82]

Top Prospects:

G A. Forsberg 77 C/A-/C

LW J. Boyd 74 B/B/B

D A. Bertuzzi 77 B/B/B-

C S. Glennie 79 B/B/B-

D E. Girardi 74 B-/B/B

C C. Jacobs 76 B/B/B-

C E. O'Dell 77 B/B-/B-

RW J. Caron 79 B-/B-/B-

I loaded a team up with all the best players in the games. Shut salary cap off. Simmed a season. My record was something like 65 wins or so. The funny thing was, I got put out in the first round.

I've tried different things like this to determine what player stats help you win the cup. From what I've noticed, two big scorers, an average second line which can score the odd goal and lots of veteran grinders on you bottom two lines.

I think I might try putting all the best grinders on a team with a great goaltender and sim the season to see what happens.

Archived