The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Used to be season ticket holder at O.T., what is yours?

I didn't realize you had lived in England or were a Manc.

I've been called a glory hunter by so many Canadian Man United supporters it wears thin.

For someone to support the most successful club in English football ostensibly for that rrason and claim those who support Chelsea or other newly successful English clubs is asinine.

The average Canadian's the only real connection to the clubs in England is whichever one they chose to support, not where they were born and I made that incorrect assumption about you.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Upvote 1

^To add to this, I chose to support Chelsea mostly because they're good and have no shame in that.

When I got into soccer they were the hot topic after coming from behind to beat Napoli and it was an intriguing story to me. Jumped on the bandwagon then and have watched nearly every game since then.

Everyone starts somewhere, we aren't always born into a team.

• Upvote 1

That was freakin' hilarious when you hopped on the Ravens bandwagon last weekend with 2 minutes left in their divisional playoff game. They choked literally seconds after you started trolling. :lol:

For some reason the ravens and buccaneers were always my favorite team. Can pull up all my franchise modes from Madden 08 and my save files lol. Not going to lie I'm a casual NFL fan, and I don't watch until the playoffs.

That was freakin' hilarious when you hopped on the Ravens bandwagon last weekend with 2 minutes left in their divisional playoff game. They choked literally seconds after you started trolling. :lol:

Not as bad as me celebrating a 4-1 lead in the third period of game 7 like a series win.

I should have known.

I didn't realize you had lived in England or were a Manc.

I've been called a glory hunter by so many Canadian Man United supporters it wears thin.

For someone to support the most successful club in English football ostensibly for that rrason and claim those who support Chelsea or other newly successful English clubs is asinine.

The average Canadian's the only real connection to the clubs in England is whichever one they chose to support, not where they were born and I made that incorrect assumption about you.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries bud.

Yes, we all start supporting teams for various reasons.

Chelsea and City are top dogs just now (unfortunately), but we will be back again soon.

And I will still call you glory hunter and everything under the sun (smile). God knows I've been called that often enough myself... but that's supporters do to their biggest rivals. :)

PS. Good win on Saturday for your team. Looked strong and very much in the driving seat this year.

U-N-I-T-E-D

Edited by spook007

No worries bud.

Yes, we all start supporting teams for various reasons.

Chelsea and City are top dogs just now (unfortunately), but we will be back again soon.

And I will still call you glory hunter and everything under the sun (smile). God knows I've been called that often enough myself... but that's supporters do to their biggest rivals. :)

PS. Good win on Saturday for your team. Looked strong and very much in the driving seat this year.

U-N-I-T-E-D

If LVG can get his defence sorted or even some better luck with injuries for next year United will be title contenders.

This way he doesn't need Rooney in midfield and Di Maria as a striker in the 3-5-2 to cover for United's poor defence and can stick with a 4 at the back formation.

If LVG can get his defence sorted or even some better luck with injuries for next year United will be title contenders.

This way he doesn't need Rooney in midfield and Di Maria as a striker in the 3-5-2 to cover for United's poor defence and can stick with a 4 at the back formation.

Should go back to standard 4-4-2...

3 at the back system doesn't suit the players, and they look lost at times.

Not a fan of Rooney in the middle neither, but if you play Rooney as a no 10, you struggle to fit in Mata, as he doesn't defend well as a midfielder nor work to his potential as a winger (ask Moyes). Would love to see De Maria on one wing and RVP or Rooney up top with Mata just behind.

Ferguson never had any issues sitting top talent on the bench, in order to maintain the balance of the team.

And mega yes Defence needs sorted big time before we have any chance of even pushing you lot.

Just a final thought on united before I bore you to death... youth... On of the pleasing things with utd was always youth with pace, and I feel we have lost a step up front... So glad when they introduced Wilson against QPR.

Should go back to standard 4-4-2...

3 at the back system doesn't suit the players, and they look lost at times.

Not a fan of Rooney in the middle neither, but if you play Rooney as a no 10, you struggle to fit in Mata, as he doesn't defend well as a midfielder nor work to his potential as a winger (ask Moyes). Would love to see De Maria on one wing and RVP or Rooney up top with Mata just behind.

Ferguson never had any issues sitting top talent on the bench, in order to maintain the balance of the team.

And mega yes Defence needs sorted big time before we have any chance of even pushing you lot.

Just a final thought on united before I bore you to death... youth... On of the pleasing things with utd was always youth with pace, and I feel we have lost a step up front... So glad when they introduced Wilson against QPR.

LvG's is strange. His starting lineup was messed up. Di Maria at striker and three backs garbage. Takes Di Maria out and switches to 4 backs and suddenly everything starts to click again. If anyone needs to be benched it's Robin van Persie. He is so slow now.

Oh yeah, and ASIAN CUP go korea republic

LvG's is strange. His starting lineup was messed up. Di Maria at striker and three backs garbage. Takes Di Maria out and switches to 4 backs and suddenly everything starts to click again. If anyone needs to be benched it's Robin van Persie. He is so slow now.

Van Persie at 31 is a shadow of his former self.

In my mind he should have been sold in lieu of Wellbeck, but I guess United isn't top concerned about FFP considering their massive yearly profit.

You speak my language my friend... Back to 4-4-2 very basic. 3000 travelling fans was chanting 4-4-2 during 1st half and at half time... says everything...

• Upvote 1