The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

2 hours ago, CanucksMadrid said:

UEFA is disgusting, just 15k tickets for Atlético fans (same for Real). I had some hope on getting one, but it's all gone

Agree. Same every year... all so the 'prawn brigade' can come out in force with all their free tickets... :angry:

• Upvote 1

Dammit! Somehow Spurs somehow lose at home to Southampton today, while Arsenal drew against Man City. Now Spurs need at least a point next week against Newcastle, who will be playing to avoid relegation. 

It would be quite the scenes if Newcastle beat Spurs and Arsenal best Villa to overtake them for second.

"ARE YOU WATCHING ARSENAL?"

Edited by Alain Vigneault

My childhood idol retired today. After 22 seasons. Truly the definition of a target man. Alas while I always wanted to play like this legend, my height stopped me from being a target man like him. Will never forget him against Ukraine in the 2006 WC

Thanks for the memories Luca!!

11 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Won't be shocked if Newcastle win, it's too Spursy not to happen

Exactly. It's like being a Canuck fan....you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'd feel a whole lot better if the Barcodes weren't in danger of dropping....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Exactly. It's like being a Canuck fan....you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'd feel a whole lot better if the Barcodes weren't in danger of dropping....

Sunderland can send Newcastle down on Wednesday. I'm thinking they'll be pretty motivated to do that.

So Walcott to West Ham for 25 million is a thing.  Or, at least, will be.

And "multiple reports" saying Xhaka to Arsenal may happen very soon.  Apparently, Gladbach hasn't received a formal bid but basically any bid between 20 and 35 million probably gets accepted, IMO since he's keen on a PL move.

4 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

So Walcott to West Ham for 25 million is a thing.  Or, at least, will be.

And "multiple reports" saying Xhaka to Arsenal may happen very soon.  Apparently, Gladbach hasn't received a formal bid but basically any bid between 20 and 35 million probably gets accepted, IMO since he's keen on a PL move.

Good move for west ham, even if 25m is a lot of money for an injury prone forward who cannot finish consistently lol

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

J-League

MLS way is easier to watch in Germany. Eurosport (Free TV!) shows a couple of matches live per weekend. I have no idea though why they bought that package or if there is anyone in Germany who watches it. :lol: