The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

I have no complaints.  Wasn't an amazing performance by the ref but I'd say if any fans have a reason to complain, it's the Irish.

I was complaining as a fan of football. He was horrible. And I for one do not buy that bernardeschi fouled Murphy. Murphy is 6'3 200 pounds and he went down that easily? Hell Berna is 170 pounds soaking wet, il mio culo that is a foul, Murphy has thrity pounds on the guy! On top of it he got part of the ball.

On 6/16/2016 at 7:30 AM, Captain Woodget said:

It makes me laugh that players like Lukaku are valued at £60m, and Vardy gets laughed at when someone says £20m. I'd swap the two valuations around and still buy Vardy.

age is a huge factor, and a couple bad games for Lukaku don't make him worthless. Also no one was laughing at vardy for 20m infact most people thought it was a bit low. 

I really got a kick out of the Hungarian Goalkeeper. Looked like a fat old fan in track pants ran on the field and played instead of their regular goalie. The guy has probably had a great career, but he really does look like he's well past his best before date.

I don't know what was funnier. CR7s tantrums or the tubby goalie's fake punt near the end of the game.

CR7 behavior towards his teammates would definitely not go over big in hockey.  Props to him for the two goals and the nice assist. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

• Upvote 1