The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

On 23/03/2018 at 3:34 PM, Toews said:

Ban them.... it helped with the club sides. Arrest them and take their passports away.... for good. No country in the world wants to welcome them. 

And when summer comes around and they would normally prepare for their alco fuelled trips to Ibiza, it will finallyhit them that for the rest of their lives it will be Butlins holidays and nothing else... and then let the English police deal with them. 

Scum....

From next season on Matthias Sammer will come back to our club as a sort of external counselor to management. There will be a second new position to be filled as a connection piece between management and team. Candidates are former BVB captain Sebastian Kehl and current Head of Youth Development Lars Ricken.

Didn't expect Watzke at this point to bring in more players from outside, but I like that he recognized that he might need more support and looks from another angle. First step in the right direction. Sammer played a key role in Bayern getting Pep. While I don't expect that much, I hope we will get a more modern and knowledgeable approach from him than we do from Aki. Kehl has studied sports management at UEFA and is a club legend. Plus he's no yes sayer, so he will have some input as well.

Me likey.

The staff of the Portuguese national team has to be one of the most incompetent staffs in football. Third time Rapha Guerreiro just came back from a long term injury and STILL got nominated for matches for the national team, played and subsequently got injured AGAIN during the course of the international break. The first or second time that happened they didn't even recognize (or they didn't communicate) a broken foot. F****ing pathetic.

Edited by Lateralus91

11 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

The staff of the Portuguese national team has to be one of the most incompetent staffs in football. Third time Rapha Guerreiro just came back from a long term injury and STILL got nominated for matches for the national team, played and subsequently got injured AGAIN during the course of the international break. The first or second time that happened they didn't even recognize (or they didn't communicate) a broken foot. F****ing pathetic.

Kinda forgot about Rapha.  And then I see this and think "well, that's why"

10 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

The Champions League is fast becoming an incredibly dull competition. Same clubs and same old story every year.

Any team aspiring to win has to at the very least beat one of Bayern/Real/Barcelona over two legs and then face one or the other in a final. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Edited by Toews

36 minutes ago, Toews said:

Any team aspiring to win has to at the very least beat one of Bayern/Real/Barcelona over two legs and then face one or the other in a final. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

As long as Pep is City's coach you can add them to that list as well.

• Upvote 1

Russian ultras reportedly gearing up to shed blood at the World Cup and warning England fans to “prepare to die.”

https://twitter.com/i/moments/983670059192274945

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/943011/World-Cup-2018-Russian-football-hooligans-ultras

Scary stuff.

There’ve been suggestions, however, that the story has actually been planted by Russian authorities as honeytrap to weed out undesirables before the tournament.